Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chappell reports sprained AC joint for Richardson (MERGE)

GoColts8818

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Regarding your 2nd paragraph = 1st sentence, we were up 14-0 against Houston with him starting and he was even outplaying Stroud early. We were also ahead yesterday when he got injured. The 1 game he did and start and finish, we lost in OT and he never touched the ball in OT. Probably not your intention but your 1st sentence makes it sound like he has started and finished 3 or 4 games and lost.

Yeah, I figured that out once other posters misunderstood my intentions too. The emphasis was on him not finishing, not the W-L record, which is a team record.

You know, I am just a pattern guy, so that was a random statistic I was pointing out, which is indeed random with such a small sample space. :) 

25 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Strange because Rapoprt and Russini already tweeted that was a grade 3, no surgery needed. Out 4 to 6 weeks. Not sure where she is getting her info from? Who knows?

Right who knows ?

One day is not enough time to properly diagnose and have a course of treatment.

The MRI will reveal alot more.

Anyways, he may need surgery if the socket that holds the shoulder in place is torn.

Lets keep our fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, IanColts22 said:

Since he is out 4 games we might as well tank the season get a top 5 pick for next year.

Its really annoying how so many fans post this on social media whenever something bad happens.  You guys are way too quick to want to tank and you even said you liked doing it too.  Loser mindset

• Like 1

I have a feeling AR is done for the year. If he is getting other opinions it makes me believe surgery is being recommended. The Colts are notorious for slow playing info on injuries. Of course this is 100% speculation on my end. I have nothing to back it up other than this severe of an injury a lot of times needs surgery to fix it. Either way I hope he gets healed up. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

If we can weather the storm until he returns Shane Steichen has to near the top of the list for COTY.

Unless someone can slow down the 49ers nobody is beating Shanahan for COTY.

They're 5-0 and 1 team only lost by 7, a second team lost by 19 and the other 3 have been greater than 20 point wins. 

One team has scored 20+ points on them and nobody has held them under 30 on offense. 

31 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This must be how Bengal fans felt after Burroe tore his acl. The good news I believe the went to the SB the following year.

Not to be that guy, but Burrow was more polished as a QB than Richardson going into the NFL. One huge downside for Richardson is he’s now going to miss out on needed experience… 

3 minutes ago, Mitch Connors said:

Unless someone can slow down the 49ers nobody is beating Shanahan for COTY.

They're 5-0 and 1 team only lost by 7, a second team lost by 19 and the other 3 have been greater than 20 point wins. 

One team has scored 20+ points on them and nobody has held them under 30 on offense. 

I disagree giving it to Shannon that team is loaded with talent on both sides of the ball. What Shane is doing with a team many people had as one of the worst AFC teams is impressive. 

5 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Not to be that guy, but Burrow was more polished as a QB than Richardson going into the NFL. One huge downside for Richardson is he’s now going to miss out on needed experience… 

Also Bengals had 3 legit weapons and the defense was impressive it wasn’t just Burrow out there.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Here is to hoping AR develops into a pass first QB, which Burrow was always.

I sort of think he is at this point.  I think SS has thrown in his share of running plays along with RPO's, but when I look at the games, as a whole, he seems to keep his eyes downfield when a play breaks down.  It looks to me like he wants to pass before he tries to run.

Just my opinion.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

I sort of think he is at this point.  I think SS has thrown in his share of running plays along with RPO's, but when I look at the games, as a whole, he seems to keep his eyes downfield when a play breaks down.  It looks to me like he wants to pass before he tries to run.

Just my opinion.

Yeah he always looks down field first on a called passing play.  We have been using read option runs and calling qb runs too though

4 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Also Bengals had 3 legit weapons and the defense was impressive it wasn’t just Burrow out there.

Absolutely. The Bengals picked up Chase who immediately had an impact on the team and Joe’s development. We have got to get Anthony a #1 WR next year so he quits this running stuff. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

I have a feeling AR is done for the year. If he is getting other opinions it makes me believe surgery is being recommended. The Colts are notorious for slow playing info on injuries. Of course this is 100% speculation on my end. I have nothing to back it up other than this severe of an injury a lot of times needs surgery to fix it. Either way I hope he gets healed up. 

Yeah, if the Colts say 4 weeks, I will take it as 8 weeks. :( 

Thanksgiving time, when we play vs Bucs, might not be a bad time to come back and give us a jolt of playmaking.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Absolutely. The Bengals picked up Chase who immediately had an impact on the team and Joe’s development. We have got to get Anthony a #1 WR next year so he quits this running stuff. 

He’s never going to quit this running stuff.  It’s what makes him special.  He never has been and wasn’t drafted to be a pocket passer.  If you want that the Colts should have traded up for Stroud or taken Levis.  This is what a lot of people said they wanted last season and what a few who warned about running QB were shouted down when they pointed out they get hurt.  Oh well it wasn’t up to us so it’s not like our opinions mattered lol.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

He’s never going to quit this running stuff.  It’s what makes him special.  He never has been and wasn’t drafted to be a pocket passer.  If you want that the Colts should have traded up for Stroud or taken Levis.  This is what a lot of people said they wanted last season and what a few who warned about running QB were shouted down when they pointed out they get hurt.  Oh well it wasn’t up to us so it’s not like our opinions mattered lol.

Thats true. I was in the Stroud camp but I don’t think Houston was going to pick anyone besides him. 

Oh well. It looks like Richardson might be out for the year. I hope we have better fortune next year with this stuff. 

While Gardner is a good QB, this guy isn’t going to get us deep into the playoffs if we even make it. 

This situation just sucks… we should be celebrating beating Tennessee, and yet it feels like we just lost the war. 

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Geez

The instability that Anderson mentions is what is most important. Richardson injured his throwing shoulder. If it is not stable, the injury will happen again. Hopefully with rest and physical therapy, he will be back to 100%. I also hope that surgery is not necessary, but sometimes it is needed to tighten the tissues in the shoulder.

I wish him the best. He seems like such a nice, modest guy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

I don’t know. I think Sam E with this coach may not be a total screw job.

Sam may not have the same arm strength, but he can escape just fine.  More importantly, he has shown the ability to get tackled and not get injured or fumble 50% of the time (exaggeration, for the wordsmiths reading this).

Seeking multiple opinions might mean that AR is protecting himself against the Colts wanting to rush him back for some perceived division title competition,,...,and he's thinking long term with himself.

I don't know why I would care how soon he gets back.  Its about making sure this injury to his throwing shoulder isn't a reoccurring thing.

14 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Thats true. I was in the Stroud camp but I don’t think Houston was going to pick anyone besides him. 

Oh well. It looks like Richardson might be out for the year. I hope we have better fortune next year with this stuff. 

While Gardner is a good QB, this guy isn’t going to get us deep into the playoffs if we even make it. 

This situation just sucks… we should be celebrating beating Tennessee, and yet it feels like we just lost the war. 

Yep it’s a bummer for sure.  Sigh.

7 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Seeking multiple opinions might mean that AR is protecting himself against the Colts wanting to rush him back for some perceived division title competition,,...,and he's thinking long term with himself.

I don't know why I would care how soon he gets back.  Its about making sure this injury to his throwing shoulder isn't a reoccurring thing.

Seeking multiple opinions is pretty standard for NFL players that have injuries that will cause them to miss time, especially if surgery might be needed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Seeking multiple opinions is pretty standard for NFL players that have injuries that will cause them to miss time, especially if surgery might be needed.

Exactly. I honestly think he's just trying to gather as much information as possible to make the best decision that he can. Taking care of this injury the right way could be the difference between a return to form or completely ruining his throwing arm.

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Right, so they protect themselves against their teams that might want them back ASAP to win games this season.