Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chappell reports sprained AC joint for Richardson (MERGE)

GoColts8818

12 hours ago, IanColts22 said:

1 Month is 4 games he will be missing and I think that's great news we won't be making noise in the playoffs without AR getting the experience he needs.  Since he is out 4 games we might as well tank the season get a top 5 pick for next year.  But unless Minshew plays lights out and is the next brock purdy for the Colts then hey I'll take that too

For your consideration:

Now that the season has started and the Colts are exceeding expectations I think there is a 0.0 percent chance of tanking.  You’d be asking Steichen to deliberately call a bad game so the Colts would lose.   That’s not happening.  Steichen is building something, you can’t ask him to deliberately throw that away.  It would be completely unfair and unprofessional to put Steichen in that position.   Play to win.  

And I say all that as someone who called this season a semi-tank job.  But that was BEFORE the season started.   It was based on moves the team made AND didn’t make PRIOR to the season beginning.  But once it starts, you don’t handcuff your new head coach.

Once the season ends, the Colts will adjust their plan going forward.  What will they do in free agency and the draft.  But that’s next year.   This year, you’re trying to win and support your head coach as much as possible.  

Hope this is food for thought….

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CR91 said:

12 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

11 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I am glad we are the Colts right now because we are pretty conservative when dealing with injuries, since this is Richardsons throwing shoulder I hope we give plenty of time to heal, we weren't expecting a Super Bowl this year so no need to rush his return.

7 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

I am glad we are the Colts right now because we are pretty conservative when dealing with injuries, since this is Richardsons throwing shoulder I hope we give plenty of time to heal, we weren't expecting a Super Bowl this year so no need to rush his return.

We can win a super bowl if defense  plays well and moss and Taylor go wild

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Stephen said:

We can win a super bowl if defense  plays well and moss and Taylor go wild

You may be joking but I do fully believe we can win the division. Some of these people underestimating our team because Mustache will be playing for a while is mind-boggling. Some giving up on the season, saying they won't watch now makes me SMH. Is having AR out there moe exciting, yes, but he  is just a rookie and Mustache is no bum, he is easily an above average QB. We have great RBs, good defense, good coaching. I still feel good about this team winning quite a few games this season. I am truefan though and it's about winning to me. It's not like we lost Peyton or Andrew with a crappy backup, but to the negative people keep on being you happy homer simpson GIF

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You may be joking but I do fully believe we can win the division. Some of these people underestimating our team because Mustache will be playing for a while is mind-boggling. Some giving up on the season, saying they won't watch now makes me SMH. Is having AR out there moe exciting, yes, but he  is just a rookie and Mustache is no bum, he is easily an above average QB. We have great RBs, good defense, good coaching. I still feel good about this team winning quite a few games this season. I am truefan though and it's about winning to me. It's not like we lost Peyton or Andrew with a crappy backup, but to the negative people keep on being you happy homer simpson GIF

I look at this much like when the Colts first started losing Andrew and had Hasselback.  No he wasn’t close to Luck but he gave the Colts a fighting chance every game.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

I look at this much like when the Colts first started losing Andrew and had Hasselback.  No he wasn’t close to Luck but he gave the Colts a fighting chance every game.

That is who Mustache reminds me of, an older Hasselbeck. Gives you a chance to win games. AR was playing well so his injury is disappointing but Mustache is a great backup. 

54 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To follow this up, all the doom and gloom people and wanting to tank should really start their own thread,. You guys are ruining threads for every positive person in here. Maybe you guys can Bob Kravitz, Greg Doyle, and Skip Bayless to join you lol.

If all some watch it for, is us winning the SB, we weren't winning it all with AR this year anyway. Too many other good teams with great QBs right now. I am about improving off a miserable 4-12-1 season and taking baby steps. 1st step is having a good season and winning the division. Building something good, gaining confidence.  Which is good enough for now, then moving forward in 2024, the goals should be much higher. AR might even still comeback this year, nobody knows yet. If he doesn’t, he doesn't. At least he has played in 4 games and now has feel for the NFL.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Superman said:

Everything indicating four weeks is a guess right now. It's a serious injury, even if he's back in four weeks. 

I think it's probably a 50/50 situation, and the benefit of multiple opinions is that you can form a professional consensus before choosing a course of action. And I think this happens more often than it gets reported. I'd expect nothing less when talking about the QB's throwing shoulder. 

Yeah, it probably is not clearcut decision and that means it's serious enough where surgery is a legit option :( 

11 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I thought so too until I read the whole article. I will read it again after I am off from work.

The point was that QBs that run are not more likely to get injur d than those that don't.

But that’s because they are in the pocket something like 8 times more according to the first chart.  It appears to show that the rate not the number but the rate is higher outside the pocket.

AR was drafted to run 10 times a game like Hurts and Jackson.  Thats a lot of accumulated damage.

12 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I heard someone make a point that makes some sense. Everyone talks about size and it helps not getting injured. But maybe it makes it easier because when you do get hit there is more weight when you land. For instance falling on your shoulder when you weigh 255 compared to only 180. More weight falls on that shoulder. Just a thought.

Since you like to speculate (nothing wrong with that).....what has been ARs physical conditioning regiment over his high school and college career?  Some kids work hard at it...because they have to...whereas AR seems to be a naturally gifted freak.

The University of Florida football program is kind of a mess.  Maybe more than the average college player entering the NFL..., AR needs more NFL  professional/science strength conditioning and nutrition programs to keep his body together better.

He's gotten injured on some fairly non violent hits and fumbled on another.

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To follow this up, all the doom and gloom people and wanting to tank should really start their own thread,. You guys are ruining threads for every positive person in here. Maybe you guys can Bob Kravitz, Greg Doyle, and Skip Bayless to join you lol.

If all some watch it for, is us winning the SB, we weren't winning it all with AR this year anyway. Too many other good teams with great QBs right now. I am about improving off a miserable 4-12-1 season and taking baby steps. 1st step is having a good season and winning the division. Building something good, gaining confidence.  Which is good enough for now, then moving forward in 2024, the goals should be much higher. AR might even still comeback this year, nobody knows yet. If he doesn’t, he doesn't. At least he has played in 4 games and now has feel for the NFL.

You can include JMV in there for negativity just saying. 

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Stafford misded almost his entire second season because he reinjured his shoulder to a grade 3. Wasn’t until his third season he shook the injury bug. Hopefully that doesn’t happen with Anthony. Stafford had surgery when he reinjured it.

There have been a lot QB's that have had shoulder injuries and have torn ACL's as well and still had good long careers. The Luck PTSD in here is a 10 on a scale of 1-10 lmao .

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

There have been a lot QB's that have had shoulder injuries and have torn ACL's as well and still had good long careers. The Luck PTSD in here is a 10 on a scale of 1-10 lmao .

It’s not just that I think we are all tired of not having stability at the position. We just want the same QB. Not really luck PTSD for me.

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Josh Allen missed four games his rookie year with a elbow injury.

Injuries happen all the time, I think because it is AR, his injury is more magnified in here. I don't wish injury on anyone, but if Stroud gets injured, I wonder what the comments in here would be and to me he is a pocket passer. He takes a lot of hits and has been sacked a lot. 

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It’s not just that I think we are all tired of not having stability at the position. We just want the same QB. Not really luck PTSD for me.

We have our QB in AR so we will have stability eventually. He is only 21, just has had some bad luck so far IMO. He could play the next 5 years and never get injured for all we know.

• Like 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I bet Steichen could do something with Sam.

What makes Mustache above average is, his ability to read defenses (football IQ) quickly and get rid of the ball in tight windows - he knows where to throw it most of the time. That is what has kept him in the league, those are important traits to have. IMO, reason why he hasn't been a full-time starter for the most part is, he is inconsistent. Much like Fitzpatrick was. Those traits I mentioned, you can't teach because that is all brain work by the QB. 

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This might shock people if you don't know this already but in the 37 games that Mustache has played in, he is completing 63% of his passes with 46 TD's, and only 15 INT's.

you could easily build this team to surround Minshew and have a lot of success if that is what the team wanted to do. He’s good enough, and I think he’s better than Jimmy G. 

• Like 1

Just now, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

you could easily build this team to surround Minshew and have a lot of success if that is what the team wanted to do. He’s good enough, and I think he’s better than Jimmy G. 

I still think eventually AR will be the superior QB but Mustache is no joke and can win games has been my point.

4 minutes ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

I think Mustache is better than Jordan Love to be honest.

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This might shock people if you don't know this already but in the 37 games that Mustache has played in, he is completing 63% of his passes with 46 TD's, and only 15 INT's.

I'm not shocked by that. Those are decent numbers and Minshew has always looked pretty good to me. He looked really good in upsetting the Colts in their season opener a couple of years ago, right? He's above 68% completions so far this season, though, and needs to stay close to that. 63% is toward the bottom of the league these days.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/player/_/table/passing/sort/completionPct/dir/desc

• Like 1