Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chappell reports sprained AC joint for Richardson (MERGE)

GoColts8818

41 minutes ago, csmopar said:

He’ll be rusty as heck. My guess is he misses 6 games or more. This sucks but maybe Irsay will finally admit this * turf has got to go.

Yeah it could be a month at least, he isn't out for the year though. Right after he got injured, we had at least 20 posters on here posting all kinds of stuff on the game thread, like broken collar bone, he will be out for the season, etc.. It is what it is. That didn't age well either for those posters. I am ok with Mustache starting for a while. Some guys heal quicker than others too.

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I really don't care if Stroud has been better through 5 games. I just care about winning as a team. We beat them at their place and we are 3-2, they are 2-3 (SCOREBOARD). If a QB puts up big passing yards like Stroud has but it doesn't translate to wins, what good does it do.

Currently, our overall team is better than theirs, but their QB position seems to be better long term. I don't think I need to explain the benefits of a solid franchise QB. 

Many teams beat Manning in 98, But most of which were inferior at the QB position long term. 

I would feel better about the team if the QB position looked to be settled; as of now, it doesn't seem to be. 

19 minutes ago, csmopar said:

That aged well

There was no problem with that comment - thus the “depending on the severity of the injury” disclaimer.

There are 6 grades of AC sprain.  Had it been a Grade 1 sprain, playing next week wouldn’t be impossible.  But it’s apparently a Grade 3 sprain - which thankfully doesn’t require surgery, but does have a longer recovery period.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

Currently, our overall team is better than theirs, but their QB position seems to be better long term. I don't think I need to explain the benefits of a solid franchise QB. 

Many teams beat Manning in 98, But most of which were inferior at the QB position long term. 

I would feel better about the team if the QB position looked to be settled; as of now, it doesn't seem to be. 

I just think it is too early to tell. So far, I would give Stroud the nod for best rookie QB mainly because he has just been durable and played and finished every game. Only 5 games so far though.

12 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

There was no problem with that comment - thus the “depending on the severity of the injury” disclaimer.

There are 6 grades of AC sprain.  Had it been a Grade 1 sprain, playing next week wouldn’t be impossible.  But it’s apparently a Grade 3 sprain - which thankfully doesn’t require surgery, but does have a longer recovery period.

Thanks. Your reading comprehension is excellent. When I first heard the report, his grade of injury wasn't said. Carr had a grade 1 and played the next week. 

1 Month is 4 games he will be missing and I think that's great news we won't be making noise in the playoffs without AR getting the experience he needs.  Since he is out 4 games we might as well tank the season get a top 5 pick for next year.  But unless Minshew plays lights out and is the next brock purdy for the Colts then hey I'll take that too

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cjwhiskers said:

This is good news if he will not need surgery. He should take as much time as needed to let the shoulder fully heal. If he did not stretch ligaments, he should be good to go in no more than six weeks. In the meantime, the Colts have a competent QB in Minshew and the running game looks great. The defense looks good too.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IanColts22 said:

1 Month is 4 games he will be missing and I think that's great news we won't be making noise in the playoffs without AR getting the experience he needs.  Since he is out 4 games we might as well thank the season get a top 5 pick for next year.  

We aren't  tanking the season 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

1 Month is 4 games he will be missing and I think that's great news we won't be making noise in the playoffs without AR getting the experience he needs.  Since he is out 4 games we might as well thank the season get a top 5 pick for next year.  

No, we aren't tanking. We have a chance to win the division even if Mustache plays half the season. We have a better team than most thank. I think we have proven that already. Tanking is a loser mentality. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Nickster said:

To the bolded, he was drafted to be a read option/RPO QB.  I don’t see him being good unless he is.  

He’s got to grow up quick, stop playing this man’s game like a kid with “enthusiasm” and all that nonsense, learn techniques and times  to get tackled less violently.

Yesterday was a great example.  No where to go, go down on your own terms.

Good points and I agree with what you said.

I guess my whole irritation with the read option stuff is that there is a lot of data, historical examples where teams that rely on those plays routinely in their offense usually end up with a dinged up QB and, subsequently, it’s hard for the offense to be effective and thrive.

Off hand Jalen Hurts is only example I can think of and he’s only in beginning of his 3rd year starting.  

Kaepernick is another one I guess, but IIRC he was also missing a decent number of games towards the end of his run there at SF.

Since he is out 4 games we might as well thank the season get a top 5 pick for next year.  

Remember how bad they had to suck with Saturday, Ryan and Foles to get a top 5 pick.  

This is a pretty solid team.  I don't see them coming close to that.  They're only one win away from last year's total.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, IanColts22 said:

1 Month is 4 games he will be missing and I think that's great news we won't be making noise in the playoffs without AR getting the experience he needs.  Since he is out 4 games we might as well tank the season get a top 5 pick for next year.  But unless Minshew plays lights out and is the next brock purdy for the Colts then hey I'll take that too

these types of thread are never complete without the good ole tank the season for draft picks recommendation! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Per the Athletic:

"The Indianapolis Colts are preparing to be without quarterback Anthony Richardson for four to six weeks, a team source said, after the rookie left Sunday’s win over the Tennessee Titans with a shoulder injury. Here’s what you need to know: 

Richardson’s initial diagnosis is a Grade 3 AC joint sprain, a team source said. Richardson had an MRI on Sunday and Indianapolis is waiting for the results to confirm the early diagnosis."

https://theathletic.com/4944834/2023/10/09/anthony-richardson-injury-colts?source=user-shared-article

• Like 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I think it’s only four but could be wrong.

I wasn't sure, it may be 4. I think it used to be 8. The league may have changed it. 8 would suck but he would be back for the last 4 games which is the stretch run. If Mustache can just play .500 ball while he is in, we will stay in thick of things now. We already have 2 division wins and sit at 3-2 so right now we are in decent shape. We have games coming up like against the Panthers and Patriots soon, we will probably win those games regardless. Our schedule isn't that bad. The Jags game next week will tell us a lot. If we win that, we will be in great shape through 6 weeks and in 1st place again by ourselves. 

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wasn't sure, it may be 4. I think it used to be 8. The league may have changed it. 8 would suck but he would be back for the last 4 games which is the stretch run. If Mustache can just play .500 ball while he is in, we will stay in thick of things now. We already have 2 division wins and sit at 3-2 so right now we are in decent shape. We have games coming up like against the Panthers and Patriots soon, we will probably win those games regardless. Our schedule isn't that bad. The Jags game next week will tell us a lot. If we win that, we will be in great shape through 6 weeks and in 1st place again by ourselves. 

Some things have changed so not sure. What I do know is woods was put on IR and could return after 4. But it might br different since he was put there before the season.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, krunk said:

these types of thread are never complete without the good ole tank the season for draft picks recommendation! 

I know, it is comical. Why would we tank at 3-2? We are in 2nd place in our division with wins over Houston and Tennessee already. Tied for 1st but the Jags have the tiebreaker.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Sorry. I won't take any game as a "probable" win. Especially NE

27 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Just think, if we put him on IR, he would have to miss 8 games. 2 months of Mustache may be too much for you to handle chuckling homer simpson GIF

There’s no point in putting him on IR. There’s a lot of negatives to that. He can’t be at practice on IR. I’d rather just post him inactive and keep on the game day roster 

• Like 1