Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So do we have a decision to make

csmopar

At QB? I love AR, his sky is high but he’s only completed 1 game of 5. Men’s while, Minshew has won all 3 games he’s had to play in. Do we need to start considering a switch at QB? Not that I want too but man, this team right now has a legit shot at the Playoffs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

At QB? I love AR, his sky is high but he’s only completed 1 game of 5. Men’s while, Minshew has won all 3 games he’s had to play in. Do we need to start considering a switch at QB? Not that I want too but man, this team right now has a legit shot at the Playoffs.

I still believe Richardson gives us the best chance to win. What needs to go is this concrete floor we call turf 

• Like 7

I dont think we should swap QBs but I also think he should be careful with AR moving forward. 

If he still has noticable pain in the shoulder that could get worse we should play Gardner next Sunday tbh. 

AR has proven that he is the future of this franchise as long as he stays healthy but Gardner has proven that he can hold the reigns until AR is ready to play again too.

• Like 1

Lol no. We won that game due to Zack Moss and the OL. Minshew didn't # up and helped extend drives when needed. Minshew is like Ryan Tannehill lite. Let's not settle for that like the Titans have. You win SB in this league with special QBs and a great D.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So many excuses here. The turf on high school fields gets a compression test every year here in Marylan, I’m sure it is done more often in the nfl. The injuries are because the athletes are getting bigger and more athletic, it’s not going to stop happening.

5 minutes ago, colts89 said:

Lol no. We won that game due to Zack Moss and the OL. Minshew didn't # up and helped extend drives when needed. Minshew is like Ryan Tannehill lite. Let's not settle for that like the Titans have. You win SB in this league with special QBs and a great D.

Perhaps, but if your special QB is constantly banged up, you ain’t sniffing the playoffs let alone winning the superbowl

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CoachLite said:

Of all the things AR has to learn, avoiding injury is near the top. Luck never learned that lesson, and he was supposed to be very smart.

I don't think AR could've done anything special to avoid the injury he sustained today. For the most part, it's just bad luck.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I don’t think there’s a decision to make.  Looks like AR might be out a few weeks with his shoulder injury.   And that’s assuming he doesn’t need surgery.  

But, if no surgery, I’d think AR starts once he’s fully healthy, whether it’s 2 weeks or 4 weeks, or whatever it turns out to be.  I know this is unpopular, but nothing is more important than giving AR badly needed experience.   Not even the playoffs.  

Anthony Richardson is Priority One.   

• Like 5

I don’t understand.  He has this freakish athletic frame and is one of most injury QBs I’ve ever seen.  Even Luck took bigger hits and lasted longer.  Idk, maybe he needs the same offseason workout regiment Raimann got.  I really hope this is just coincidences because the talent is there and he’s looking GOOD!  But only finishing 1 game out of 5 is VERY concerning.

we’re cursed.  Finally get our franchise QB and he’s made of glass :(

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Perhaps, but if your special QB is constantly banged up, you ain’t sniffing the playoffs let alone winning the superbowl

That's true but AR deserves more than 5 games into his career to prove he won't be available more often. When he's played, he's been very good and ahead of schedule to what most people expected him to be at.

• Like 3

It may be against the grain, but i like minshew personally. Titans got a good coach and stable defense and he just ate them alive. Josh downs is a good wide reciever, as #3 reciever pierce should be stepping up a little more. AR is good at football, but he needs to stay healthy..... we got the jags next week and id love to have paye back. Should be a good game.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, colts89 said:

That's true but AR deserves more than 5 games into his career to prove he won't be available more often. When he's played, he's been very good and ahead of schedule to what most people expected him to be at.

I agree, I think he’s the best QB in this rookie class and the best on the roster. 

that said, my point isn’t benching him for performance, my point is do you sit him and ride Minshew, letting AR fully heal up and learn from the sidelines?

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don’t think there’s a decision to make.  Looks like AR might be out a few weeks with his shoulder injury.   And that’s assuming he doesn’t need surgery.  

But, if no surgery, I’d think AR starts once he’s fully healthy, whether it’s 2 weeks or 4 weeks, or whatever it turns out to be.  I know this is unpopular, but nothing is more important than giving AR badly needed experience.   Not even the playoffs.  

Anthony Richardson is Priority One.   

I agree, which is why I ask the question. Let say he’s “cleared” in 2 weeks, if Minshew plays like he has and say we win one of or both the next two games, do you let Minshew keep playing this giving AR more time to heal and strengthen up? Like you said, he is our future QB no doubt, but it does no good for him to start getting banged up so much every game.

Just now, csmopar said:

I agree, I think he’s the best QB in this rookie class and the best on the roster. 

that said, my point isn’t benching him for performance, my point is do you sit him and ride Minshew, letting AR fully heal up and learn from the sidelines?

It certainly wouldnt hurt AR to take a break, ill bet his life feels like 1000 miles an hour. If i was coach id give him a break, let him relax, hes got a whole career, dont need to overrush him.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 4daUColts said:

It certainly wouldnt hurt AR to take a break, ill bet his life feels like 1000 miles an hour. If i was coach id give him a break, let him relax, hes got a whole career, dont need to overrush him.

dont know the extent of his injury on his throwing shoulder. i would expect they would put him on pup he could cause more damage if he comes back too soon if he has surgery he will be out for the season

1 hour ago, Solon said:

No. Anthony's clearly the better quarterback. I know he's injury prone, but AR5 is better option when available.

I to love him but calling him injury prone this short into his career is actually minimizing his ability to stsy healthy. It is very , very concerning.

59 minutes ago, husker61 said:

I thought minshew gave the colts a better chance to win after the ravens game, but having drafted Richardson they were going to go with him. I was against drafting a running qb before the draft.

Can you define a running QB?

51 minutes ago, smittywerb said:

I don’t understand.  He has this freakish athletic frame and is one of most injury QBs I’ve ever seen.  Even Luck took bigger hits and lasted longer.  Idk, maybe he needs the same offseason workout regiment Raimann got.  I really hope this is just coincidences because the talent is there and he’s looking GOOD!  But only finishing 1 game out of 5 is VERY concerning.

we’re cursed.  Finally get our franchise QB and he’s made of glass :(

I think that’s because by virtue of not starting enough even in college, he hasn’t learned the nuances of running wisely. Lamar and Hurts, Lamar had fewer years of starting than Hurts, so it’s not by accident Hurts has been the smartest QB with his running. Lamar has missed plentiful games dipping into the running well too much at the NFL level. AR is unfortunately learning the hard way at the big boy level.

Yeah it’s great that he got to make NFL rookie money but had he waited a couple of years, he might have still been drafted around the same position but been smarter about playing QB for the long term, IMO.

There’s obviously plenty of merit, passing or rushing QB, with at least a couple of years of starting experience in college, that’s just my observation.

• Like 4

The Colts do have a decision to make but that is not the decision they need to make.

The decision to make is whether to get in on the Caleb Williams sweepstakes at the end of the season.

To make an informed decision, AR needs to play every game possible so Colts can properly evaluate. 

If AR is healthy, he needs to play

• Like 1