Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Titans postgame thread

AwesomeAustin

4 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

the only continued sour taste is AR getting hurt.... again :(

Yep... on a serious note. This was a great team win and every group contributed. OL was impressive! I don't know when was the last time we've donimated like this... must be when Luck was still playing. 

I really hope AR's injury is not too serious. Some twitter docs saying he's probably gotten away with AC joint sprain, which is not great but not horrible either... fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Solon said:

Anthony Richardson's injury prone. No sliding or running out of bounds will help.  Hopefully everything works out because he's electric to watch. He oozes superstar potential. 

Yeah, I mean you don’t want your QB taking hits but you can’t get knocked out of a game every time you take contact. It’s concerning because, as you say, he is quickly looking like the real deal. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SLILLINGTON10 said:

Big AR fan here but I am questioning if it's just been terrible luck on just a handful of hits that didn't really look all that bad or is he just made of glass? 

I’m going to say it’s bad luck. If Richardson had been tackled any other way, I think he would have been okay. 

With Minshew, you're basically playing the same game you've been trying to play for the past 5 years, but with a better QB and two high end RBs.

I suppose I would take Minshew over Brissett, Wentz and old versions of Rivers and Ryan.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, #12. said:

With Minshew, you're basically playing the same game you've been trying to play for the past 5 years, but with a better QB and two high end RBs.

I suppose I would take Minshew over Brissett, Wentz and old versions of Rivers and Ryan.

Maybe not over Rivers, but close.  

Hopefully the Jags will have to gameplan for two QBs next week.  

2 minutes ago, #12. said:

I agree with you apart from Rivers. He did well with this team, far better than other mentioned gents.

• Like 2

- This is going to be an insane running committee, especially once Taylor gets back into form.

- AR needs to learn how to slide and how to not fall so awkwardly. Those weren't huge hits he took to get injured. And they were all avoidable. I really hope he can figure out how to protect himself more.

- Minshew is a great game manager and he doesn't turn the ball over. We can string a few victories with him if the run game is going to be that dominate.

- The OL played spectacularly. Freeland looked good out there, which is great to see from your backup swing tackle.

- The D played decently. The only bad pattern I've noticed is that the LBs and secondary is exploitable if the DL isn't getting a consistent pass rush at all times.

• Like 2

Good

• Moss played like he wanted the starting job! What a game from him! 6 yards short of 200 yards from scrimmage on 24 combined touches.
  • Minshew such a great back up. I hope we can keep him!
  • I still love what AR does on the field. He's electric! But...
  • Downs! He had a great day - 6 of 6 for 97 yards! That's 16.4 YPC!
  • I would still like for our TEs to get more targets. 6 combined targets is just not enough in my opinion.
  • Kelly back made a HUGE difference for the Oline - both for protection and run blocking.
  • Franklin with that stop on Henry in the red zone!

Bad

• ... AR NEEDS to stay healthy. It so disheartening everytime he goes down.
  • The secondary got carved up when the Titans had the time and didn't need to make big plays.
  • I still think our LBs are bad in coverage.
  • Like 5

Just now, Solid84 said:

Good

• Moss played like he wanted to starting job! What a game from him! 6 yards short of 200 yards from scrimmage on 24 combined touches.
  • Minshew such a great back up. I hope we can keep him!
  • I still love what AR does on the field. He's electric! But...
  • Downs! He had a great day - 6 of 6 for 97 yards! That's 16.4 YPC!
  • I would still like for our TEs to get more targets. 6 combined targets is juste not enough in my opinion.
  • Kelly back made a HUGE difference for the Oline - both for protection and run blocking.
  • Franklin with that stop on Henry in the red zone!

Bad

• ... AR NEEDS to stay healthy. It so disheartening everytime he goes down.
  • The secondary got carved up when the Titans had the time and didn't need to make big plays.
  • I still think our LBs are bad in coverage.

Agreed, but they need the TEs for protection, especially with the Rainman out.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KB said:

Listening to the game today I heard something pretty consistently, which is Fries making a big play on the line. Glad to hear it.

Fries is making me eat my words. I wanted us to get someone else at his spot and didn't believe he can play at high level, but he's been one of our best OLinemen. Good for him! Great development. 

I felt Freeland played a solid game too... 

• Like 6

Kind of a boring game after Richardson went out. But Minshew held it down. Have to get touchdowns and not field goals. Texans lost so next week is for first place.

Downs is our new Hilton. He is found to be great on deep balls. Almost 100 yards this game. 

Moss was fun to watch today.

Not even going to get into Richardson. So tired of being QB jinxed. It is what it is I guess. Just go down and stop taking bad hits.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, #12. said:

Same. But Rivers was solid for the most part. 

2 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Maybe not over Rivers, but close.  

Hopefully the Jags will have to gameplan for two QBs next week.  

Yeah, Phil was fine, but he did donate a few - threw a few games away - something Minshew hasn't done yet.  

But yeah, it's pretty close.

• Like 1

First win against the Titans in 3 years and first win at Lucas Oil in pretty much a year. Feels good to break a lot of those negative streaks. 

We stay on top of the division (tied) for the third straight week. 

Another huuuuge game next week against Jaxx. If we can keep the momentum there we might go on a run *dreaming*

• Like 4

Just now, SwedishColt said:

First win against the Titans in 3 years and first win at Lucas Oil in pretty much a year. Feels good to break a lot of those negative streaks. 

We stay on top of the division (tied) for the third straight week. 

Another huuuuge game next week against Jaxx. If we can keep the momentum there we might go on a run *dreaming*

Jags are going to have a long flight home so that might help a little

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stitches said:

Fries is making me eat my words. I wanted us to get someone else at his spot and didn't believe he can play at high level, but he's been one of our best OLinemen. Good for him! Great development. 

I felt Freeland played a solid game too... 

shocking Freeland looked solid. The Oline did a good job run blocking so we didn’t have to throw so it all worked out.

• Like 1