Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I'm not ashamed to admit...

DalTXColtsFan

...that I don't lose a second of sleep when I see a bad call go in the Colts' favor for a change.

I'm sure you all know exactly which call I'm talking about.

A few plays before that I swear a saw a Ravens OLman with a fistful of jersey between the 2 nines on Buckner's jersey.  Flag? Nope.  I'm pretty sure that play resulted in a first down.

• Like 8

I must be the only person who saw it this way, but I didn't see a replay of Speed's non-call that showed definitive PI.  You can't see what EJ's doing with his back arm.  You see EJ swiping at the ball with his left hand, and after the ball goes by you see Flowers whip around and flail his arms.  He tried to sell it, but I'm not convinced EJ interfered.  Everyone seems to admit it was a bad non-call, but I'm not even sure it was PI at all...

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, coltsleafs said:

Anyone else notice in the 4th Quarter when the Ravens were driving to win the game Lamar gets sacked and they stopped the clock to review. Are they not supposed to have a 10 second run-off after that or charge they Ravens with a timeout?

Instead they added 8 seconds onto the clock

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, DalTXColtsFan said:

...that I don't lose a second of sleep when I see a bad call go in the Colts' favor for a change.

A few plays before that I swear a saw a Ravens OLman with a fistful of jersey between the 2 nines on Buckner's jersey.  Flag? Nope.  I'm pretty sure that play resulted in a first down.

Opening week, the Commanders got away with a blatant PI in the end zone on Denver's final two point attempt. Nothing was called. This happens all the time, especially at the end of games. For once, it seemed to go in our favor.

Although I agree, this dreadful CBS crew never showed a good angle of the play. EJ Speed probably got away with a PI, but we never saw a definitive replay.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lollygagger8 said:

For the most part, the refs let them play yesterday 

Yeah they weren’t calling PIs either way yesterday.  Pittman got blanetly held right before halftime no call and of course the shot to Pittman’s face when he had the deep catch.  It was both ways and they were consistent with it so I had no issue with it.  If I were the Ravens fan I would have been more mad when they got called for block in the back and they missed Paye’s clear facemask which pretty much gave the Colts an extra :40 at the end of the game. 

• Like 2

I was at the game and the refs were letting them play all game long. Ravens got away with a lot most of the game as well. With hot wet and sloppy the field was players were constantly grabbing eachother down the field because DBs could stay with the WRs after cuts. I am happy it was a no-call because it was consistent with how the game was called.

27 minutes ago, SOMDColtsfan said:

I read the Ravens had 1 flag for 5 yards, is that correct? And what about the defender with hands to the face of Pittman jr when his helmet got pulled off? Living in MD all I've heard today is we were "gifted" the win..

If we were gifted anything it was Tucker missing his field goal attempt. He’s usually money 9 times out of 10. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

If we were gifted anything it was Tucker missing his field goal attempt. He’s usually money 9 times out of 10. 

Playing devil's advocate he was 2 of 8 over his career from 60+ before that kick.  He was actually 54 of 79 from 50+ before that kick which is INSANELY impressive.  He's 106 of 118 for his career from under 50 and has never missed from under 30.

Great kicker.  No question about it.  But asking even the best to be clutch with a 60+er on the line is a stretch.

EDIT:  The all-time NFL average for 60+ yard field goal is 17.2%.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DalTXColtsFan said:

Playing devil's advocate he was 2 of 8 over his career from 60+ before that kick.  He was actually 54 of 79 from 50+ before that kick which is INSANELY impressive.  He's 106 of 118 for his career from under 50 and has never missed from under 30.

Great kicker.  No question about it.  But asking even the best to be clutch with a 60+er on the line is a stretch.

EDIT:  The all-time NFL average for 60+ yard field goal is 17.2%.

I’m just sayin’… the guy was making 70 yard fields goal in warm ups earlier this season.

No guarantees of course that he makes any kick. But he’s pretty clutch. The weather and field were crap though so that should be considered. 

And besides all that… we’ve been screwed over by refs far more than gifted. Nearly every Steelers game our guys are getting murdered on the field while the refs look the other way. I’m sure this season will be no different. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SOMDColtsfan said:

I read the Ravens had 1 flag for 5 yards, is that correct? And what about the defender with hands to the face of Pittman jr when his helmet got pulled off? Living in MD all I've heard today is we were "gifted" the win..

Baltimore can "boo-hoo" all they want about a flag that they wanted yesterday but wasn't thrown, but let's not forget that when they beat the Niners in the Superbowl, they mugged San Francisco's receivers for 4 straight plays on the decisive goal line stand and nary a flag was thrown!

• Like 2

It was fun rubbing on a pickleball fellow face who is big time Raven fans, and all he said put an asterisk on this win because it was a clear PI call. I told him hush bro many uncalled calls on Ravens also specially a facemask call on Pittman. Love it when the season started we were suppose to be bottom of NFL and should have 2 ~ 3 wins with top 5 in draft. Again many games left in the season but I am happy colts fan right now. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DalTXColtsFan said:

Remember  that next time the Colts lose because of a bad call. I doubt u will say, " Oh well, we got lucky last game, so I guess we were do." lol.

9 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Remember  that next time the Colts lose because of a bad call. I doubt u will say, " Oh well, we got lucky last game, so I guess we were do." lol.

I still think the flag should’ve been thrown on last year’s Colts/Eagles game, (grabbing Matt Ryan’s face mask). 
  Funny, after the game, there were no Eagles fans saying;”we got away with one”. 
  So, I’m just enjoying the win. I do wish they would’ve shown the replay in slo motion to verify but even if it was PI, they had a chance to stop the Colts afterwards.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, DalTXColtsFan said:

They held buck 66% of the game 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Well, we have been screwed many times by the REFS, what comes around goes around. Was that a PI at the end, I would say yes but hear me out. We also won with a backup QB, Center, and RB on the road. Nelson, the guy you usually rip, controlled the line of scrimmage, give credit where it is due. We punished them up front. They didn't get 1 call 'BOO HOO', Pittman got Cleary interfered at least twice and they were also holding a lot the whole game, I guess I can cry too lmao .

Harbuagh actually was a big reason they lost. I would have brought Tucker back out again from 62 and he punted instead. He just barely missed from 61 and has made 1 from 66 before. Also on 4 and 3, you throw it to Andrews, not a rookie, it was a bad play call period.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

I like to see Justin Tucker miss a field goal. He seems like a good person, but the announcers and many Ravens fans practically think of him like a god. That attitude tends to annoy me, so it's nice to see Tucker be human at times. 

Beth Mowins was ready to celebrate when that ball was in the air. Then she goes just short in a sad voice lmao . I have to admit, I thought it was good too, it was right down the middle, and he rarely misses.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Archer said:

I must be the only person who saw it this way, but I didn't see a replay of Speed's non-call that showed definitive PI.  You can't see what EJ's doing with his back arm.  You see EJ swiping at the ball with his left hand, and after the ball goes by you see Flowers whip around and flail his arms.  He tried to sell it, but I'm not convinced EJ interfered.  Everyone seems to admit it was a bad non-call, but I'm not even sure it was PI at all...

Agree.

That type of play/coverage tactic seems to be pretty commonplace in the  NFL DB's arsenal. 

19 hours ago, RollerColt said:

I’m just sayin’… the guy was making 70 yard fields goal in warm ups earlier this season.

No guarantees of course that he makes any kick. But he’s pretty clutch. The weather and field were crap though so that should be considered. 

And besides all that… we’ve been screwed over by refs far more than gifted. Nearly every Steelers game our guys are getting murdered on the field while the refs look the other way. I’m sure this season will be no different. 

Yes I belive the weather condition is why he was short. It was right down the middle though and I thought he made it from the original camera angle. We really don't know how much the extra weight on the ball because it was wet and the extra resistance while it was in the air affected the distance

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

Yes I belive the weather condition is why he was short. It was right down the middle though and I thought he made it from the original camera angle. We really don't know how much the extra weight on the ball because it was wet and the extra resistance while it was in the air affected the distance

We really DO know how much the extra weight on the ball from rain factored in.... not at all.  

The drag from rain in the air?  Unless it was actively raining sheets, almost nothing.  

Kicking an ice cold ball is a lot harder than kicking a wet rainy one.  Freezing temps make it akin to kicking a brick.

Yeah, I hate that it happened like that, but I told a buddy of mine who is a Ravens fan that I don’t remember the last time a big no-call in a key situation benefitted us like that but it sure seems to happen for the other team a lot so I wasn’t upset to be on that side for once. Ultimately, it wasn’t that single call that cost Baltimore that game, and even my Ravens fan of a friend admitted as much.  

7 hours ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

He is also older and not as strong as he once was.   It was very close.   You can't be upset at a guy that misses from 60+

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He is also older and not as strong as he once was.   It was very close.   You can't be upset at a guy that misses from 60+

No you can't. I really thought he made it and if it had been a normal fall day, he probably would have made it. It sucks when a kick like that beats you but......respect

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jackie Daytona said:

We really DO know how much the extra weight on the ball from rain factored in.... not at all.  

The drag from rain in the air?  Unless it was actively raining sheets, almost nothing.  

Kicking an ice cold ball is a lot harder than kicking a wet rainy one.  Freezing temps make it akin to kicking a brick.

Ok. Well I do know a little about physics and I  will respectfully disagree with the assumption that those extra few ounce on the ball, the  raindrops it was hitting in the air did not in any way affect the distance.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

Ok. Well I do know a little about physics and I  will respectfully disagree with the assumption that those extra few ounce on the ball, the  raindrops it was hitting in the air did not in any way affect the distance.

If you watch his record breaking kick,  and his miss this week.   He had a completely different approach.   But missing a 61 yard kick should never be a thing to be ashamed of