Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Most dangerous division rival

Stephen

Most dangerous division rival.  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Which division rival will give us the most trouble?

• Jaquars
    • Titans
    • Texans
    • All of them
    • None of them

I kind of agree with the Jags but am also afraid of the Titans still.   They have a pretty solid nucleus so if they add a couple players in free agency, they will be tough.   Houston will be a force in future years.  They have lots of draft picks and we will see what QB they draft.   They are also courting Jimmy G.

Jags. Super Bowl winning coach. Young ascending QB.  If we get the right QB in this draft, we can compete with them this year or next year at the latest.  They were only 9-8 & if not for some epic collapses from us, we still had a chance to win the division with a month to go. 

It would be nice to beat Tennessee again though. It’s been years without a win now. That’s unprecedented for us. 

I voted all of them. The Jags and Titans have had our number for years now. Those two will continue to fight for the division title due to coaching and well-rounded teams. The Jags should be the favorite with the Lawrence / Pederson combination. 

And the Texans as Doug has pointed out will be fighting us to get out of the cellar. Houston should want to do everything they can to get back on track after years of mediocrity and mishaps. 

Jags

The Titans have know idea what they’re doing. They traded away Brown last year, and now there’s talks of Henry being available. Plus their defense is putrid.

The Jags are the team that is good enough now, but can still get better. Once they get their defense to the next level, they are going to be tough to deal with.

We are borderline the worst team in the division. We hit at QB and we can be the 2nd best team quickly.  The division will go through Jacksonville for the next 10yrs unless we do something about it.  They have the coach, QB and defense to win and if their offensive weapons shape up they may go far in the playoffs.  They are going to be what the Bengals are now.  A very competitive up and coming team that will be extremely hard to beat. 

5 minutes ago, coltsfan_canada said:

I want to select Colts but that was not an option so selected none of them. I think they are their own best enemy. When did Colts win last time in Jax 2014, almost 10 years ago. In those 10 years how many times Jax has winning record only 1 season yet we cant beat. 

Well done!

Jaguars - hands down!!

Trevor Lawrence is beginning to develop in to the QB the Jags wanted when they drafted him #1 overall.  With the hiring of the "QB Whisperer" Doug Pederson - he'll make MORE progress this offseason.

I didn't realize that the Jags had traded for Calvin Ridley late last season.  Add him to the wideout and TE stable - and - the Jags will be beasts on offense.

1 hour ago, sb41champs said:

Jaguars - hands down!!

Trevor Lawrence is beginning to develop in to the QB the Jags wanted when they drafted him #1 overall.  With the hiring of the "QB Whisperer" Doug Pederson - he'll make MORE progress this offseason.

I didn't realize that the Jags had traded for Calvin Ridley late last season.  Add him to the wideout and TE stable - and - the Jags will be beasts on offense.

who calls doug pederson a QB whisperer?

37 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

who calls doug pederson a QB whisperer?

Silly - I did.

Look what he and Frank Reich accomplished with Carson Wentz.

Look at how Trevor Lawrence improved over the first season under Doug Pederson's tutelage.

He's also from the Andy Reid coaching tree.

6 minutes ago, sb41champs said:

Silly - I did.

Look what he and Frank Reich accomplished with Carson Wentz.

Look at how Trevor Lawrence improved over the first season under Doug Pederson's tutelage.

He's also from the Andy Reid coaching tree.

I'd say the Wentz year is an outlier on a stacked team. 

Pederson also had a bad year with Wentz, and he is the man who started the transition to Hurts. So, how come he couldn't fix Wentz after they drafted Hurts? Since he's a QB whisperer. 

Trevor was talented before doug pederson got there. The offense and stability of the franchise may have improved because they inserted an experienced coach, but to call him a " QB whisperer" is taking it too far imo. 

Lots of coaches are from the Andy Reid tree

10 hours ago, Myles said:

I kind of agree with the Jags but am also afraid of the Titans still.   They have a pretty solid nucleus so if they add a couple players in free agency, they will be tough.   Houston will be a force in future years.  They have lots of draft picks and we will see what QB they draft.   They are also courting Jimmy G.

Titans are stripping down.  Texans have a lot of picks over the next 2 years and Jags have their   man and coach.

The Jags are improved but still the jags until proven otherwise. Last season the Titans & Colts imploded and they still barely won the division and barely beat a second half of season dysfunctional team on a 3rd string QB in last game of season. Last season they may have reached their pinnacle for awhile knowing their own Dysfunctional history.....Or Lawrence continues his progression and they contend regularly in the future but Lawrence wasn't exactly lighting it up the last couple games.

I will say we should know a lot more after this season. Do the Titans dismantle and escalate their slide or do they address the QB play and along with Vrabel  get back on top?

Both Colts and Texans could turn things around if they get the QB position right along with the HC and other things.

I'd say this division is mostly up for grabs the next few seasons with the Jags having the edge right now. 

On 3/10/2023 at 5:22 PM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

The Jags are improved but still the jags until proven otherwise. Last season the Titans & Colts imploded and they still barely won the division and barely beat a second half of season dysfunctional team on a 3rd string QB in last game of season. Last season they may have reached their pinnacle for awhile knowing their own Dysfunctional history.....Or Lawrence continues his progression and they contend regularly in the future but Lawrence wasn't exactly lighting it up the last couple games.

I will say we should know a lot more after this season. Do the Titans dismantle and escalate their slide or do they address the QB play and along with Vrabel  get back on top?

Both Colts and Texans could turn things around if they get the QB position right along with the HC and other things.

I'd say this division is mostly up for grabs the next few seasons with the Jags having the edge right now. 

I agree.  The Jags have the division for the next couple years.  The Titans are a wild card.  They could be very good or they could be average.  

6 minutes ago, Myles said:

I agree.  The Jags have the division for the next couple years.  The Titans are a wild card.  They could be very good or they could be average.  

Until they get a quality franchise QB, the Titans will never be true contenders. They also have huge issues at OL and WR. They could take a step back on defense after losing Dupree and Autry is getting older for them. 

On 3/10/2023 at 5:05 AM, Myles said:

Titans don’t scare me at all and I live in Nashville so I catch all of their games. The only aspect that is very good about their team is they are well coached and disciplined and that is a credit to their HC. 

23 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Titans don’t scare me at all and I live in Nashville so I catch all of their games. The only aspect that is very good about their team is they are well coached and disciplined and that is a credit to their HC. 

Texans may be a problem if we cant guard their hail mary lol

Colts are a danger to themselves! In danger of being the worst team in this division/AFC if no big changes are made this offseason! Texicans are getting better, Jags are much better, and Titans(if they dont trade Henry) are currently better! Only day 2 of FA period, and Im already sweating!

I voted for none of the above as well. The biggest challenge to the Colts will by far be themselves. Can this team finally get a young QB to stabilize the position? Can the GM fix the overpaid/underperforming line to protect that QB? Can the Colts add offensive weapons who consistently provide production? Can the new coaches utilize those weapons in a way that allows us to score more than 14 points per game? Can the defensive unit get to a point where it bends but does not break in games? If we can't fix all of these problems, it won't matter one d**n bit what the other teams do.

Archived