Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Our future QB just slipped out of our hands, good job Ballard

ojsglove

Could have solved our QB problem for years to come, but our GM was to slow on the draw.  Mayfield is better than any QB on our roster and probably better than anything we could draft for several years.  The smartest man in the room failed us  again, thanks' Chris.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ojsglove said:

Could have solved our QB problem for years to come, but our GM was to slow on the draw.  Mayfield is better than any QB on our roster and probably better than anything we could draft for several years.  The smartest man in the room failed us  again, thanks' Chris.

Do... do you not know how the waiver works?

I mean, even if Ballard wanted Mayfield- he literally never even made it to our chance to claim him.

You might as well also blame Ballard for the weather tomorrow. Something else completely out of his human control. 

2 minutes ago, ojsglove said:

I mean, it's the Raiders. WE beat them with Ryan, and they only put up 16 points against the Rams. I wouldn't look too much into this or get too upset here.

1 minute ago, Dark_Indy said:

I mean, even if Ballard wanted Mayfield- he literally never even made it to our chance to claim him.

You might as well also blame Ballard for the weather tomorrow. Something else completely out of his human control. 

Exactly. People think anyone at any point that's released during the season is a free for all. Even if Ballard called Mayfield himself and asked him to come to Indy, it wouldn't matter. THIS ISN'T MADDEN.

I wanted baker when he was available this offseason. I love his fire and how competitive he is. This team needs more guys like that.

4 minutes ago, Dark_Indy said:

Baker was available before we traded for Ryan. 

8 minutes ago, ojsglove said:

He was claimed, and still will be FA after 22. 

LAR was the #3 in line. Colts were #9

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Yeah, and the Browns wanted a first round or first round + for him at the time. Wasn't going to happen. Period. 

Just stop it with the revisionist history crap. 

I would have loved Baker coming to the Colts. Would have loved it then, and now. Just wasn't going to happen at all. 

Unless Ballard can change how waivers work no he didn’t.  Also Baker has played so poorly this year not only was he benched by the Panthers he was released and they are just as desperate for a QB as the Colts are.  So I don’t think assuming Baker is the answer at QB is a safe bet.

26 minutes ago, Dark_Indy said:

Yeah, and the Browns wanted a first round or first round + for him at the time. Wasn't going to happen. Period. 

Just stop it with the revisionist history crap. 

I would have loved Baker coming to the Colts. Would have loved it then, and now. Just wasn't going to happen at all. 

Carolina got him for pretty cheap. It’s not hindsight. I liked him when browns were trying to trade him.

20 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Unless Ballard can change how waivers work no he didn’t.  Also Baker has played so poorly this year not only was he benched by the Panthers he was released and they are just as desperate for a QB as the Colts are.  So I don’t think assuming Baker is the answer at QB is a safe bet.

The person isn’t talking about the waiver. They are talking about last offseason.  

40 minutes ago, ojsglove said:

family-feud-survey-says.gif

9 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Carolina got him for pretty cheap. It’s not hindsight. I liked him when browns were trying to trade him.

The person isn’t talking about the waiver. They are talking about last offseason.  

No they weren’t.  They said better than any QB on the Colts roster as in now.  That means talking about now and since the Rams grabbed him off waivers before the Colts got a chance Ballard didn’t have a chance even if he wanted too.  

I also doubt he wanted too because asking a QB to come in now and learn a new system this late in the season is asking a lot and kinda pointless for a team in the Colts position.  

There is also the fact Baker hasn’t been good this year after not being good last year.  I thought people were tired of taking other people’s trash?  

42 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

He asked for his release 

7 minutes ago, tvturner said:

He asked for his release 

Yeah because he was told he was being benched because he hasn’t been good which was more my point.  Again, Baker has been bad in Cleveland last year and now with the Panthers this year.  Acting as if the Colts some how missed the second coming of Peyton Manning and saying things like he would be better than any QB the Colts could draft in the coming years is going overboard.  Would Baker have done better than any Colts QB on the roster this season had they gotten him in the off-season?  Maybe.  Would the Colts still be searching for a QB after this season?  Probably.  

2 hours ago, ojsglove said:

This bashing of Ballard is asinine and ridiculous. If you want to whine using hindsight that's one thing but this is totally narrow minded. 

6 hours ago, ojsglove said:

IMHO Mayfield IS better than anything we have on our current roster

But , the kid is PROVEN to be a putz

We can do better

8 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I wanted baker when he was available this offseason. I love his fire and how competitive he is. This team needs more guys like that.

Browns wanted a 1st round pick, we got Matt for a 3rd. At this point eventhough I think the draft is a crapshoot, we need to draft a QB and start fresh. JMO. 

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree, I was just saying if the Texans wanted to, they could have grabbed Baker before anyone. They want Young IMO.

Don't know who they will pick, but definitely going tank, and QB in the draft.

LAR is in a weird place. With Stafford's situation, BM was a decent insurance policy. Not sure Stafford's future will be known anytime soon. 

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Don't know who they will pick, but definitely going tank, and QB in the draft.

LAR is in a weird place. With Stafford's situation, BM was a decent insurance policy. Not sure Stafford's future will be known anytime soon. 

At least we know the Bears, Jags, Broncos, Cards, and Falcons aren't taking a QB. At least I would think. Falcons want to see what Ridder has, Bears have Fields, Broncos are stuck with Wilson and his bad contract and so is the Cards with Murray, and the Jags have Trevor.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

At least we know the Bears, Jags, Broncos, Cards, and Falcons aren't taking a QB. At least I would think. Falcons want to see what Ridder has, Bears have Fields, Broncos are stuck with Wilson and his bad contract and so is the Cards with Murray, and the Jags have Trevor.

Strange times.

Yeah ole Baker.  He looked fantastic in the last drive.  He led a methodical drive just before that.  Pretty remarkable just coming in.  BUT.  He was also the QB that led the Rams to 3 points until 330 left in the game against a really historically inept Raiders D.  I think I saw that stat LV has given up 8 13 point leads now.  That doesn't seem possible, but I'm pretty sure that was what I saw as I casually had on the last quarter of that game. 

Mayfield might be a legit franchise QB someday, but he is on his 3rd team now.  That speaks volumes IMO. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah we could end up picking 5th and still get Stroud?? If the draft falls right. I believe young is going #1 and that has the Texans written all over it.

I wouldn't want a 6-0 foot QB (Young)... I'd take Stroud over him. But not a big fan of the QB class. 

Have no clue what we'll do. Especially without knowing who the HC and scheme will have.. 

Archived