Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Our future QB just slipped out of our hands, good job Ballard

ojsglove

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Where did the assumption that any team including the Bears will trade their high draft pick? They are also bad teams that want to pick the best players to improve their team. Not all GMs have the habit of trading down like Ballard has done in the past. I also don't think that padding the wanted pick with talented players works for the team that trades their talented players. Examples could be the Broncos. At the time there were Colt fans that wished we could have made that deal for Wilson. We see how that turned out. 

This is why the higher the colts pick better chance of getting a trade done with Chicago. Because they are still going to want a certain player so moving down far isn’t going yo happen.

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This is why the higher the colts pick better chance of getting a trade done with Chicago. Because they are still going to want a certain player so moving down far isn’t going yo happen.

Yup,  just like we did when Ballard traded back a little and we took Q.  Exact opposite could happen this time.

18 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Yup,  just like we did when Ballard traded back a little and we took Q.  Exact opposite could happen this time.

I personally want Ballard gone but there are probably advantages in keeping him since we have this high of a draft pick now. That relationship with Chicago and even the eagles could benefit here.  Plus we have no clew what a new GM might want to do in this draft.

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I personally want Ballard gone but there are probably advantages in keeping him since we have this high of a draft pick now. That relationship with Chicago and even the eagles could benefit here.  Plus we have no clew what a new GM might want to do in this draft.

We lost the  relationship with the Eagles when we canned Frank 

13 hours ago, ojsglove said:

Could have solved our QB problem for years to come, but our GM was to slow on the draw.  Mayfield is better than any QB on our roster and probably better than anything we could draft for several years.  The smartest man in the room failed us  again, thanks' Chris.

If you are going to post *ic rants like this, you should understand how the waiver wire works first......

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I understand that but we don't have a clue on who the Bears want and if they are willing to trade down. My point is there seems to be a few that just make the comment that the Bears will trade down like its as easy as making a phone call. 

36 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

If the colts wanted Baker they probably could have got him for cheap in offseason, but baker was probably too young for the colts. haha

I don't think he's long term answer but some scouting should have revealed that he's better physically than ryan. 

Yep, whatever grievances can be put at Ballard's feet...not claiming/trading Baker isn't one of them. 

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

If the colts wanted Baker they probably could have got him for cheap in offseason, but baker was probably too young for the colts. haha

I don't think he's long term answer but some scouting should have revealed that he's better physically than ryan. 

Baker is a miniature Carson Wentz. Both are mobile. ...Both can throw the long ball which keeps the defenses honest which helps the run game and pass protection....but both also are turnover prone at the worst possible moments.

Also, I'm not sure head butting teamates that are wearing helmets, while you are not, is a good thing to do...long term.

I really don't know what to think about Baker. He hasn't really had a stable team. What, 3 or 4 different offensive coordinators? Now 3 different teams. I do see talent and maybe with the right situation he may be a starting QB. He may have fallen into the right spot with the Rams.  Only time will tell. 

By all accounts baker was loved  in the Carolina locker room. Was a excellent leader too.  I don’t think it’s fair to go by how he played there. Interim coach and the team is just bad.  I want more fire  in in my players instead of this soft crap personalities we have now. We need more guys with his competitive fire. Let’s not forget how good he was for browns before that injury last season ruined their season. 

2 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I can understand why they didn’t go after him after coming off the Wentz thing. But in my opinion Wentz had bad moments but fans and media over reacted. For some reason Wentz has become a lightening rod and I don’t get it. He isn’t a bad dude and he don’t across  as off putting in interviews. Baker is getting the same treatment from media and fans. Now  browns treated  him was crazy. That dude put his body on the line to play through that injury last year and Covid basically ruined their season. Otherwise thst browns team would have been a playoff team again.

10 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I can understand why they didn’t go after him after coming off the Wentz thing. But in my opinion Wentz had bad moments but fans and media over reacted. For some reason Wentz has become a lightening rod and I don’t get it. He isn’t a bad dude and he don’t across  as off putting in interviews. Baker is getting the same treatment from media and fans. Now  browns treated  him was crazy. That dude put his body on the line to play through that injury last year and Covid basically ruined their season. Otherwise thst browns team would have been a playoff team again.

Personally I would have went with Baker over Watson. IMO Watson is a magnet for bad MOJO. 

18 hours ago, Dark_Indy said:

Do... do you not know how the waiver works?

I mean, even if Ballard wanted Mayfield- he literally never even made it to our chance to claim him.

You might as well also blame Ballard for the weather tomorrow. Something else completely out of his human control. 

Well aware how the waiver wire works.  He could have been our QB instead Ballard chose Ryan instead.  

15 minutes ago, ojsglove said:

Well aware how the waiver wire works.  He could have been our QB instead Ballard chose Ryan instead.  

But people told me that isn’t what you meant. I knew what you meant.  Yes your right  but they did want to much and by the time they were willing to part with him for peanuts we already had Ryan .

8 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

We lost the  relationship with the Eagles when we canned Frank 

Ehh, we gave them Nick and took Wentz off their hands…and now they might be able to get Reich back…wait now that I think of it Howie Roseman might just be a genius if this was his plan all along!

4 hours ago, Kalbo said:

I’m not so sure the best Quarterback coming out of college who very few are speaking of is sitting right there in West Lafayette right under our noses. 

He is expected to go middle rounds. I ain't too sure about him being the best coming out of college. 

I literally have mixed feelings on Ballard. I'm interested to see if he can save his GM future of this team or his future of anyother team. Can he find this teams franchise QB and fix this OL(depth wise). Going to be interesting off season IMO.  I can't wait!!

On 12/9/2022 at 3:26 PM, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

But people told me that isn’t what you meant. I knew what you meant.  Yes your right  but they did want to much and by the time they were willing to part with him for peanuts we already had Ryan .

It's not what he meant.

On 12/8/2022 at 11:02 PM, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I wanted baker when he was available this offseason. I love his fire and how competitive he is. This team needs more guys like that.

Baker was available before we traded for Ryan. 

Baker was still injured at the time and Ryan was not.

On 12/9/2022 at 12:40 PM, csmopar said:

List of QBs I’d want before Mayfield.

1. Curtis Painter

2. Sam E.

3. Scott Tolzien

4. Carson Wentz

5. Matt Ryan 

6. Blue

7. Blue’s droppings

8. the maggots feasting on Blues droppings

Mayfield is enormously talented but needs a top mind managing him.  Under McVay he will be excellent.  I figure he's their QB of the future in fact.  But under whoever Irsay chooses to run this team he'd be a nightmare.

So this is a non-story for us.  Out of our reach for waiver claim plus not a fit.  Even if by some miracle we end up with Harbaugh I don't think Baker would play well for him.  He would need a guy like Sean Payton who seems unlikely at this point for Indy.

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

That’s not fair. Rams oline is so beat up along with their receivers.

He’s average and doesn’t offer anything exceptional over what we have. That’s all I’m saying.

Colts OL and play calling would have given him the same shot of success as Matt Ryan. But then lots of QBs would have finished with a better aesthetics than Matt Ryan, that’s not saying much.

Archived