Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If Frank Reich gets fired at the end of the season, who do you guys prefer as Head Coach?

2006Coltsbestever

If Frank Reich gets fired at the end of the season, who do you prefer to be Head Coach?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. If Frank Reich gets fired at the end of the season, who do you prefer to be Head Coach?

• Sean Payton
    • Jim Harbaugh
    • Kellen Moore
    • Eric Bieniemy
    • Someone else, if so say who

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

It's a choice (for Indy)... 

We can get a top 5 guy, if we want.

And if we will allow the new HC to draft the new QB, we can get a decent HC... 

ballard seems like the guy would only trade up if he believes its a cant miss guy .  i dont think he will have that much faith in this class to trade 2 or 3 first round picks .  that is my concern i could be wrong but just watching how ballard loves his picks and always trades back it scares me .

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

ballard seems like the guy would only trade up if he believes its a cant miss guy .  i dont think he will have that much faith in this class to trade 2 or 3 first round picks .  that is my concern i could be wrong but just watching how ballard loves his picks and always trades back it scares me .

A can't miss QB is very very rare... 

And many "can't miss" guys are misses. 

I'd prefer the HC pick the QB, not the GM. Of course the GM helps... but..

The HC has to live/die with the pick. 

IMO, Ballard isn't the only one driving the bus. And Ballard might not be here. 

My guess, Ballard will survive. But it's been a "partnership" or "by committee" approach between Ballard, Irsay, and Reich so far.. 

20 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

A can't miss QB is very very rare... 

And many "can't miss" guys are misses. 

I'd prefer the HC pick the QB, not the GM. Of course the GM helps... but..

The HC has to live/die with the pick. 

IMO, Ballard isn't the only one driving the bus. And Ballard might not be here. 

My guess, Ballard will survive. But it's been a "partnership" or "by committee" approach between Ballard, Irsay, and Reich so far.. 

hopefully jim forces him to trade up if sam doesnt prove he is a guy this year .    i like will levis and think he will be able to be had as the number 3 or 4 QB .   cj and young will go 1 and 2 but i think we can get will if we trade up

Harbaugh is the only one of that list I would consider. At least he would have some energy and hopefully call a better game.  

Payton= Bountygate. No thanks.

At this point I’d take a potato over what we have as coach right now.

Payton would cost us a high pick (possibly multiple picks). Do we really want to go down that road again? 

Harbaugh is staying at Michigan.

Honestly I can't think of anyone offhand, but the best answer is probably some current OC for one of the top teams.

Sean Payton would be great.  But would he want to do it?  And would Irsay want to pay him what he wants?

Here's some other names out there to consider:

Leslie Frazier

Jack Del Rio

Jon Gruden (yes, it's not that crazy an idea)

Ken Dorsey (although his resume is REALLY thin)

John Fox

Gus Bradley

18 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Payton, with Bieniemy close 2nd. 

My preference... If Payton says "I only play to coach for another 5 years... Hire Payton, and also hire Bieniemy as AHC and HC in waiting. Let Payton be a CEO-type HC. I'd be OK with keeping Gus at this point. And I'd be with keeping Ballard or giving Payton GM duties too. 

Pretty much this.

Keep Ballard, hire Payton sounds pretty good to me.

Bieniemy might be a good HC too. I'd be up for that experiment. Do Ballard and Bieniemy know each other from KC?

17 hours ago, IndyEric07 said:

I think Gus Bradley has shown to be good enough with our D to take over the HC job! Then find a brilliant innovative mind out there to run our offense as OC! 

This didn’t even cross my mind.  Good option.  I think interim right now may happen. 

9 hours ago, Dark Superman said:

Someone on Reddit said: Frank is that deadbeat boyfriend that keeps getting caught cheating and is like, “Babe I’m sorry. I’ll go to therapy. I promise just give me one more chance.” Lol.

Eh....I don't think that's a fair analogy. Frank isn't a slimeball, he's just lost his locker room and seems despondent.

14 hours ago, Mackrel829 said:

Pretty much this.

Keep Ballard, hire Payton sounds pretty good to me.

Bieniemy might be a good HC too. I'd be up for that experiment. Do Ballard and Bieniemy know each other from KC?

Don't know. I'm guessing Andy would support Bieniemy (good feedback to Ballard).

Archived