Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pittman Out

open window

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Colts1324 said:

Still confused how Patmon isn’t ahead of Pierce & Strachan. 

More experience, better in pre-season, & made a few big plays last year.

Like Strachan too, but it’s confusing.

Ehlinger was better than Ryan and Foles but most likely isn't active.

45 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Their frustrated and should be. It doesn’t mean, they don’t support the team. This isn’t year 1-2 of the rebuild, it’s year 6 of the “house” Ballard has built.

Nobody should expect every GM to have early success like J. Lynch did getting a dumpster fire 49er team to the SB in year 3. That’s very hard to do. 

However, I’d expect by year 6, the team would have a competent HC, reliable kicker, adequate depth at the skill positions and beat teams we’re supposed to beat. 

It’s only the 2nd game of the season, let’s hope for the best.

Go Colts

Every fan has a right to follow their sports team the way they choose. I was offering a different perspective, because as an older man, I thought it might be something that some fan might benefit from hearing, and it might ease their frustration. Obviously, that is not you. 

Here is my point, and honestly....most won't get it, or chose not to get it.......

How great or miserable of a experience you have as a fan, is completely a choice. It has nothing to do with the performance of the team......unless you allow it. 

3 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Every fan has a right to follow their sports team the way they choose. I was offering a different perspective, because as an older man, I thought it might be something that some fan might benefit from hearing, and it might ease their frustration. Obviously, that is not you. 

Here is my point, and honestly....most won't get it, or chose not to get it.......

How great or miserable of a experience you have as a fan, is completely a choice. It has nothing to do with the performance of the team......unless you allow it. 

I am usually mad the day of a big loss. But the last two years I have been really good at flushing it out of my mind by the next day. I tend to stay away from podcasts for the most the next day after a big loss. Because I don’t want it draining me. I haven’t always been like that in the past. I am at the point I just laugh about it the next day because we have been saying the same things about this team for a few years now. I really feel until there is some change at the top we are going to be just average. Because Ballard just keeps making the same mistakes.

2 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Think Granson has a very big game tomorrow and Big Mike scores. JT was really hitting it hard last week,expect more of the same. Hope we play more 4-2-5 then 4-3,Texans pretty much forced us into 4-3 dont think Jags will.

Their linebackers can be exposed. So you might be right here with Granson. 

Funny but game will reveal 2 things about Ballard's drafting.  He believes in building  the trenches. He has dumped tons of capital into this Oline and they are going to have to lean on them. Can they justify their pay and supposed elitness in this game?? He went into the season believing in this wr and te corp.  Can they justify Ballard not going out and getting a guy? I think this game is going to show us a lot. 

Not to defend Ballard but not having a QB for the start of FA really hurt him being able to get a WR. But that doesn’t excuse not bringing back a pascal. Hilton we really don’t know if he even wanted to play so that might not of been on Ballard. But after Ryan trade was done he could of been more aggressive getting one. Probably would of had to be a trade.

8 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Not to defend Ballard but not having a QB for the start of FA really hurt him being able to get a WR. But that doesn’t excuse not bringing back a pascal. Hilton we really don’t know if he even wanted to play so that might not of been on Ballard. But after Ryan trade was done he could of been more aggressive getting one. Probably would of had to be a trade.

I disagree. He signed Wentz last year and that disaster is  on him . Sure u can say Reich may have pressured  him but Ballard's job is personnel. The buck stops with him. It is like if we heard Ballard was sending plays down to Reich. Coaching  is Reichs job and personnel is Ballard's.

24 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I disagree. He signed Wentz last year and that disaster is  on him . Sure u can say Reich may have pressured  him but Ballard's job is personnel. The buck stops with him. It is like if we heard Ballard was sending plays down to Reich. Coaching  is Reichs job and personnel is Ballard's.

I blame Irsay for making them get rid of Carson. We would of been ahead if he was the sterling QB this year. A lot of crap went on from all the injuries in camp to the Covid stuff to end the season. He should of been given a second year. Irsay panicked and it’s going to bite  him h in the rear end.

Football is a strange game where you can look awful one week and like the best team in football the next week.  It’s a game where you can look on paper and go this team just doesn’t have the talent to win and then blow the other team out.  It came be a game where an unheard of guy steps up and has a career day and is never heard from again.  

My point with all that is let’s see what happens tomorrow.  Some of you are acting the like the Colts got blown out already.  They may.  If they do there is going to be plenty of time next week to rip the GM, call for the Head Coach’s job, complain about making a change at QB and whatever else anyone wants to say.  Until then I’d just pull for your team and hope for the best.

To me this game comes down to who wins up front as do most games in football.  That’s what happened last week.  When the Colts were winning up front they looked like the better team vs the Texans and when the Texans looked better up front they look like they were going to pull off the upset.  Add in the fact there is a good chance of rain tomorrow and if I were Reich Id be challenging my lines and saying go win the game for us.  Open up lanes for JT and get after Lawerence and I think some will be pleasantly surprised tomorrow.  If they don’t I expect the Colts could struggle.

I feel nervous about this game just because I think the Jags in Jacksonville are in the Colts heads but I am going to wait and see what happens tomorrow.

1 hour ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I blame Irsay for making them get rid of Carson. We would of been ahead if he was the sterling QB this year. A lot of crap went on from all the injuries in camp to the Covid stuff to end the season. He should of been given a second year. Irsay panicked and it’s going to bite  him h in the rear end.

Wentz had a good game. However, u just know he is going to blow it in key situations.  I watched him last year and  I never had faith in late game situations. To me, he just never  inspired me all.

5 hours ago, stitches said:

No excuses. Both Reich and Ballard were given plenty of opportunities to address WR and were asked tons and tons of times about why they feel good with the receiving corps and repeatedly both of them have reiterated that they like their players and their depth. Well... here you go... now you need to win a game with your depth at WR that you've been hyping for the last 2 years! 

Boy, you guys are the worst!  You’re condemning them for their receivers’ poor day on a game that hasn’t even been played yet!  I wonder what your demeanor will be if and when these guys do step up and win us the game…?  Will you be upset that you were wrong or happy that the Colts won?

4 hours ago, CR91 said:

Kinda have to. Hines is our best weapon outside of JT and Pitt

i say "expect to be shocked" because like you I know Hines is our best weapon but I HONESTLY HAVE NO CONFIDENCE IN FRANK R using him effectively... Sad fact which we will see on Sunday. (I predict)

I am totally confused as to how we have guys HURT and out after they came out of the Texan game without any injuries. Did they get banged up in the classroom or their walk through on Tuesday? The Jags are full force and they credit their strengthening coach. What about ours? Reich and Ballard needs to do some investigative work here. 

7 minutes ago, AustexColt said:

I am totally confused as to how we have guys HURT and out after they came out of the Texan game without any injuries. Did they get banged up in the classroom or their walk through on Tuesday? The Jags are full force and they credit their strengthening coach. What about ours? Reich and Ballard needs to do some investigative work here. 

Pittman got hurt in practice.  Moore and Buckner looked to have gotten nicked up in the game.  Just because they finished doesn’t mean they didn’t get dinged up.

22 minutes ago, AustexColt said:

I think they are using analytics for their strength and conditioning - and going for it on 4th down ...

22 minutes ago, AustexColt said:

Sometimes guts get hurt in the game but it’s not as apparent because of all the adrenaline.   And then a few days later, the aches and pains are much more noticeable.  

1 hour ago, Introspect said:

i say "expect to be shocked" because like you I know Hines is our best weapon but I HONESTLY HAVE NO CONFIDENCE IN FRANK R using him effectively... Sad fact which we will see on Sunday. (I predict)

Was Frank using Hines effectively with Luck and rivers as the QB and he had over 60 catches both years?    The answer is yes.   

We spent the entire off-season talking about using him more.  The Ryan connection to Hines was written about and talked about by everyone. 

Why you have no confidence in Frank using him correctly is a “you” issue.  

3 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Dear God…..    :facepalm:

Why you think you know more than Jim Irsay is a mystery.    It’s week 2 and you’re already in full panic mode. 

4 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

You literally were upset and ranted about Wentz and others not getting the vaccine 

Archived