Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Season Opener, Colts @ Texans, Sept. 11, 2022, 1 PM EDT

NFLfan

First off, We played very bad, sloppy for 3 Qtrs. I thought Matt did his thing in the 4th Qtr and Taylor did his thing overall just getting us for a good FG try to win it. After being down 20-3, I will still take a tie because this looked like a bad/embarrassing loss at 1 time. We start 0-0-1, if we win at Jacks it will be all good. Hopefully Leonard is back next week. Had we lost this game I would've done this Season 4 Falling GIF by The Simpsons- all division games are tough and at least this wasn't a loss. A loss would've been devastating against this team. 

• Like 1

Even JT made a huge bone headed mistake in this game. Looking like we were going to win this game in regulation when he stepped out of bounds instead of driving for the extra yard making it 4th and 1. Colts couldn't take a gamble to go for it from there to win in regulation.  Ugh!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is 100 times better than a loss because when we were down 20-3 this looked like a definite loss.

Right. 

But watching the game in real time, we had two chances to win it. No excuses. 

The shotgun runs to Taylor on 3rd & short non-stop are getting outrageous. Same for our kicking & fumbling issues

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Hey Frank....3 pts mean alot in today's NFL. Quit being an *. Also ...we also always kick fgs and xps from the left hashmark...why run 50 year old MR to the right hashmark???????

Because Matt Ryan isn't 51 yet. I am very disappointed with this but after being down 20-3, a tie is ok, we lose no ground with a tie. A loss would have been real bad.

9 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

Why do you like Hot Rod?  He’s never been anything more than a lower tier kicker.  I had more confidence in Badgley.

I HATE him now

he is the definition of Mike Vandershank now... but at least Vandershank didn't shank the winners till the playoffs. 

Goggles can't even do it in regulation. Saw it vs Ravens. Saw it again today.

Browns won off a clutch kick... Steelers literally stole a W late in OT with a 53 yard kick outdoors... 

CUT THE KICKER. 

2 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Right. 

But watching the game in real time, we had two chances to win it. No excuses. 

The shotgun runs to Taylor on 3rd & short non-stop are getting outrageous. Same for our kicking & fumbling issues

I get it but we had at least 20 people on here saying we sucked and losing again on opening day. I am just saying I can live with this. Am I happy, hell no but a tie is a lot better than losing.

Steelers kick just nailed a huge game winner in OT.  That’s a team who’s coach gets the most out of average rosters. Whereas  our guy finds ways to underperform with talented rosters. Frank has to learn to get out of his own way & learn from Dungy. Take all the points we can get.  But we need a new kicker asap. 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Because Matt Ryan isn't 51 yet. I am very disappointed with this but after being down 20-3, a tie is ok, we lose no ground with a tie. A loss would have been real bad.

What do you mean? We lose a 1/2 game with a tie. This team was supposed to sweep the Texans.  

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Steelers have a REAL FG kicker and the Titans soon will show you they’ve a real good head coach 

Didn't Will Lutz miss a 44-yard field goal today? 

It happens to the best of them. 

I don't know how many of you noticed this trend with Matt Ryan with falcons.. He takes a sack when in field goal range, ruins the field goal position or gets out of the range. I was just thinking if he's got rid of that bad habit, which isn't something an intelligent QB constantly should be doing.. And, he takes 5-yard sack at HOU19. It would've been 36/37 yard FG attempt. 

This is one thing Ryan needs to do better. 

• Like 1

You know why Reich won't cut Klankenship???? Because he doesn't even respect FG kickers... that is why he goes for all the time instead of taking the points. Every years the Colts have had a game or more of, 'what if they wiuld have kicked a field goal."

I want somebody to show the success % stat of Reich's going for it in the redzone instead taking the points. I bet it is extremely low.

Definitely a bad game for the kicker. Play calling at critical times was questionable too. The wildcat? Seriously? We do not need to run the wildcat, we just needed to run it straight up. Don’t mind having both backs in, but going into the wildcat actually made it easier for the defense. Then we get inside the 20 in overtime and decide to run it out of the shotgun and then a roll out play to loose yards and end up to the right side of the field. Why on earth would you not just run it between the tackles, keep it in the middle of the field and then kick it?? Ugghh!