Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Season Opener, Colts @ Texans, Sept. 11, 2022, 1 PM EDT

NFLfan

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Well, have they been able to be utilized?  Meaning, have they been open, are they being prioritized in the game plan?     sometimes it’s more than just “the qb not seeing them”.  That’s why I said idk what’s going on. Could be Shane has AR looking downfield, or by the time AR goes through his reads the tight ends aren’t open, or they’re not getting open.     if I had to give you an answer, I’d say it’s more on the playcalling/coaching.  I’ve mentioned before that it seems Shane has AR doing something different than what he was doing last year.  Seems AR is slinging it and throwing deep more from the pocket than last year.  Even the passes the TEs have caught this year seem to be deeper shots.  
    • I think I said the floor was 7 wins and the ceiling was 10.  Right now, I’m leaning more towards the floor.  
    • Is singling out the TEs the real issue? So far AR hasn't tried to utilize his TEs.  Like any fan I want a dominant TE but it's up to the QB to make that happen 
    • I miss Bob Sanders smacking the crap out of dudes.  I feel like this defense hasn’t had that same intensity and nastiness since then.  Even when Shaq was out there being an absolute menace, the defense still had a little softness to it.  With every good defense, there’s either one or a couple of players you can point and say “that’s the bad guy no one wants to go against”.  That menace defensive player that teams have to game plan for.  I think Latu can become that guy.  
    • Yup, besides the defensive line, the tight end room has performed the worst through the first 3 games.  You’ll have the one flash by a tight end and then that’s it for the rest of the game.  Idk if it’s playcalling or lack of talent because last year it seemed with AR our tight ends were outperforming our wide receivers.     But 100% agree.  Tight ends are on my list for the reasons why the offense has looked the way it looks.  
  • Members