Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bills vs Colts - 1Half

AustexColt

Are we that bad? We played the first line, starters and except for the defense, the offense and ST looked really sad. The play calling was really poor. The offense completely stunk. Our offense were disinterested and flat. No energy. Our WR and TE are just outright terrible. The only exception is Pittman. Pierce is a real rookie. The media have overstated these players. Matt Ryan was really struggling to find our WR or TE open. No way we are going to win our opener. 

38 minutes ago, AustexColt said:

Are we that bad? We played the first line, starters and except for the defense, the offense and ST looked really sad. The play calling was really poor. The offense completely stunk. Our offense were disinterested and flat. No energy. Our WR and TE are just outright terrible. The only exception is Pittman. Pierce is a real rookie. The media have overstated these players. Matt Ryan was really struggling to find our WR or TE open. No way we are going to win our opener. 

You mean to tell me a preseason game looked bad? You dont say!

I agree we didn’t look great. But, we also forced a couple of runs up the gut which caused longer 3rd downs.

Two of the 3rd & 4th down throws were obvious crossing routes. Wasn’t really Matt Ryan. 

The play-calling was Vanilla & Ryan didn’t try to force anything. Zero deep or even medium throws. Maybe that was the plan. 

The good news is that our young TE’s look good. Just need to sign Odell 

2 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

I agree we didn’t look great. But, we also forced a couple of runs up the gut which caused longer 3rd downs.

Two of the 3rd & 4th down throws were obvious crossing routes. Wasn’t really Matt Ryan. 

The play-calling was Vanilla & Ryan didn’t try to force anything. Zero deep or even medium throws. Maybe that was the plan. 

Rainmann looks like he is getting bullied by their backups. Clear that it is Pryors job for probably the entire year. 

50 minutes ago, DattMavis said:

I wasn’t expecting the oline to look like that. I have to imagine they fix it, but it should never look like that in the first place.

I think it’s no coincidence that we fired that one OL coach after he got out OL to be the best in the league and now with this Reich choice guy two seasons in a row we look like crap. With mostly the same lineup. 

2Half - the only bright spot is Sam Ehlinger. The guy is mobile and decisive. He should be in every 4th Down option play. Take Ryan out and put Sam Erlinger along with JT and Hines in the backfield. 

Maybe PS is less than practices, so everybody just go through the motion.

Per my observation:

-Banagu is done. He couldn't win 3rd string linemen.

-Raimann needs ALOT of coaching. He can play in 2023

-Pryor is going to get beat by speed rush. Find another LT

- TE's cannot block so Ryan is going to get hurt. Reich is going to ruin Ryan like he did previous QBs.

- Something is seriously wrong with the Right side of our Offensive Line. We simply do not have the push to open the gaps for any runner.

-

34 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I think it’s no coincidence that we fired that one OL coach after he got out OL to be the best in the league and now with this Reich choice guy two seasons in a row we look like crap. With mostly the same lineup. 

Rainmann looks like he is lost and can,t pass block . if he can't get any better never going a starter in any team in the nfl .

44 minutes ago, AustexColt said:

2Half - the only bright spot is Sam Ehlinger. The guy is mobile and decisive. He should be in every 4th Down option play. Take Ryan out and put Sam Erlinger along with JT and Hines in the backfield. 

Maybe PS is less than practices, so everybody just go through the motion.

Per my observation:

-Banagu is done. He couldn't win 3rd string linemen.

-Raimann needs ALOT of coaching. He can play in 2023

-Pryor is going to get beat by speed rush. Find another LT

- TE's cannot block so Ryan is going to get hurt. Reich is going to ruin Ryan like he did previous QBs.

- Something is seriously wrong with the Right side of our Offensive Line. We simply do not have the push to open the gaps for any runner.

-

I am concerned about our OL maybe Smith should go back to RG and put Pryor at RT and try to find a LT before the season begins (maybe the other kelly or some cut or maybe even trade for one) i'm concerned about this OL especially having JT in his prime we need to do something asap

2 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

Rainmann looks like he is getting bullied by their backups. Clear that it is Pryors job for probably the entire year. 

What is our O-line coach doing to bring Raimann up to speed? Come to think about it, how about the rest of the O-line?

2 minutes ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

Pryor is no LT.  With Ryan he is gonna need a ton of help from TE and RBs to deal with Landry, Allen, and Walker

Speed rushers will beat Pryor

this is not sounding good

3 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

Totally agree.  If the Odell reports were true maybe this is the week it gets done.  He would be big difference maker for our offense.

6 hours ago, AustexColt said:

You aren’t going to learn anything about play calling in a pre-season game.  Teams just play their very base offense and defense to see what guys can do it and not show teams anything.

Oh the annual over reaction to one pre-season game I love it.  I am not saying the Colts are going to be the 72 Dolphins but I don’t think this is going to look close to the team you are going to see this season.  

i will say the receivers have yet to impress me.  It will be interesting to see if Ballard makes a move there.

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I think that was the most disappointing part of this game. Ballard gushes  over Stausser and I am like why??

Why?

Johnathan Taylor 1811 yards.

One of the best pass blocking lines in 19 & 20.    ‘21 pass blocking was an anomaly.  

Fisher, Nelson, Kelly and Smith all hurt and either missed time or played at well below par.    When good lineman perform in a way they normally don’t, there’s typically a good reason. 

8 hours ago, AustexColt said:

It’s pre season…

11 hours ago, csmopar said:

Agreed! Gug may not have been particularly well liked, but he got it done. Strausser hasn’t gotten this line anywhere near what they were with Gug. Another failed Reich experiment. 

The same thing happened when we brought in Phillip Rivers. Reich doesn't open up the playbook in the preseason, we know this. Not saying the offense will be top 5 but it will be fine. The o-line pass blocking is a concern but it seems to have gone downhill since switching the coach a few seasons ago(if I remember correctly). We'll be fine, this is purely looking for depth. 

18 hours ago, AustexColt said:

Well, that is certainly a different take. 

12 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Oh the annual over reaction to one pre-season game I love it.  I am not saying the Colts are going to be the 72 Dolphins but I don’t think this is going to look close to the team you are going to see this season.  

i will say the receivers have yet to impress me.  It will be interesting to see if Ballard makes a move there.

“Like deja vu all over again”

I think the the LT spot is obviously an area of concern.  Its just preseason, but it is being manned by a 5th year guy who has never been the preferred starter at any position but has played decently at various positions filling in.  That’s obviously a concern just about every time any one any where looks at strengths/weaknesses or question marks, etc. of this roster.

he hasn’t been great in camp.

he wasn’t good last night.

The game doesn’t mean we will go 0-17, but so far I’ve seen nothing to allay my  concerns at this spot.  It’s an important spot.  Hopefully Pryor can play with at least minimum competence there.

12 minutes ago, mirobi48 said:

Are you saying that Ballards draft picks have been better the Bean?

Not saying that at all, they did luck into getting Josh Allen because despite his other draft picks, without Allen that would be a .500 team. I think some in here look at Ballard's misses more than his hits for some reason. We traded up to get Taylor = genius move, drafting Maniac at 36 was another genius move when 35 other teams passed on him. When Ballard drafted Nelson it was by far the best pick possible for us at the time and Nelson is a 5-time All-Pro/3-time 1st team. 

Archived