Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Final Episode of With The Next Pick is here!

NewColtsFan

It's like being in the Witness Protection Program.    It's right there, on the front of the website, in plain sight for all to see.

And if anyone has seen it,  there's been no reactoin on the Colts page......

Here it is for all to enjoy....   24:00 of Draft Heaven for those who care....

Enjoy!

https://www.colts.com/video/with-the-next-pick-everyone-has-a-role

Definitely was fun watching! At least the video made it seem that we got whom we wanted. Pierce and Woods were early targets, and we got both. Gives me Pittman/Taylor vibes from 2020. Raimann it seems we were hoping would fall and got him, and it seems from a certain point on, that Ballard was actively trying to trade up for Cross and eventually moved up with the Broncos to do so.

The Day 3 picks are less clear if those were the exact guys we wanted. We obviously had interest in all of them and they were targets to some degree, I'm just not sure they were 100% our first choices based on the randomness of Day 3 and how it plays out where I'm 99% sure that Ballard got all 4 of his targets on Day 2.

Overall, they were pretty excited though, and the fact that Ballard called WR, TE, O-Line, S, and CB in that order, makes me think he got his top 4 needs on Day 2, and probably couldn't get the exact CB he wanted on Day 3, so he took Rodney Thomas lower on his list that can play CB in Round 7 to try and make the team.

Takeaways:

1) Frank and Irsay shopping for clothes together ?

2) CB isn't missing any meals....treadmill time !

3) Pierce looks about like he's about 16.

I'm sure that was edited fairly heavily. But it was a really good watch.

2 hours ago, indykmj said:

Takeaways:

1) Frank and Irsay shopping for clothes together ?

2) CB isn't missing any meals....treadmill time !

3) Pierce looks about like he's about 16.

I'm sure that was edited fairly heavily. But it was a really good watch.

2) it's pretty obvious Ballard has been taking supplements and working out 

13 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Definitely was fun watching! At least the video made it seem that we got whom we wanted. Pierce and Woods were early targets, and we got both. Gives me Pittman/Taylor vibes from 2020. Raimann it seems we were hoping would fall and got him, and it seems from a certain point on, that Ballard was actively trying to trade up for Cross and eventually moved up with the Broncos to do so.

The Day 3 picks are less clear if those were the exact guys we wanted. We obviously had interest in all of them and they were targets to some degree, I'm just not sure they were 100% our first choices based on the randomness of Day 3 and how it plays out where I'm 99% sure that Ballard got all 4 of his targets on Day 2.

Overall, they were pretty excited though, and the fact that Ballard called WR, TE, O-Line, S, and CB in that order, makes me think he got his top 4 needs on Day 2, and probably couldn't get the exact CB he wanted on Day 3, so he took Rodney Thomas lower on his list that can play CB in Round 7 to try and make the team.

I’m hoping CB being further down on Ballard’s list opens the door for a Bradberry signing if he’s released.

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I’m hoping CB being further down on Ballard’s list opens the door for a Bradberry signing if he’s released.

Me too. If Bradberry gets released and we sign him without paying a draft pick, and less cash than before, that would be a huge win for Ballard and the Colts. I think we are a possible team to get him for sure.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Me too. If Bradberry gets released and we sign him without paying a draft pick, and less cash than before, that would be a huge win for Ballard and the Colts. I think we are a possible team to get him for sure.

I feel really good where we are today at CB. But...
  Bradbury's physicality and tight coverage inside say 15 yds, matched with an excellent (hopefully) pass rush...  With Gilmore ...    WOW!!!

5 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

I feel really good where we are today at CB. But...
  Bradbury's physicality and tight coverage inside say 15 yds, matched with an excellent (hopefully) pass rush...  With Gilmore ...    WOW!!!

Yeah, I would love to get one more solid corner. Gilmore, Rodgers, Moore, and Facyson is a nice top 4, but to get Bradberry and be 5 strong in case of injury may put us over the top on defense. Not to mention Bradberry is an upgrade even after the draft at CB.

26 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yeah, I would love to get one more solid corner. Gilmore, Rodgers, Moore, and Facyson is a nice top 4, but to get Bradberry and be 5 strong in case of injury may put us over the top on defense. Not to mention Bradberry is an upgrade even after the draft at CB.

Would love to have Bradberry. He is good. 

For those hoping the Colts sign additional vets to the roster the Colts should have around $11-12 million in cap space after signing the rookies. 

Approximate Cap hits will be Pierce 1.3m, Woods 1m , Raimann 1m, Cross 960K.  The other 4 player’s cap hits will not currently fall in the top 51 cap hits.  Also when adding Pierce, Woods, Cross and Raimann’s contracts to the top 51, three players with $825K cap hits and one with 846K will fall out of the top 51. 

The Colts have left themselves in a tremendous position to operate. $11-12 million in cap space while not pushing any money to 2023 from restructuring deals this year or adding any voidable dummy years. 

6 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Based on his salary for this year which the giants didn't want to pay, wouldn't he price himself to high for us? I don't think we have a ton of cap space left. 

1 minute ago, cbear said:

Based on his salary for this year which the giants didn't want to pay, wouldn't he price himself to high for us? I don't think we have a ton of cap space left. 

I'm guessing his cost would only be a portion of his current salary if he gets released. Not sure how much of it is guaranteed from the Giants though. I'm guessing if he gets some money from the Giants in guaranteed money, then he could be had for around $4-$6 million from his new team for a year.

18 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

Didn’t look well. He’s been shaky a bit in interviews too. Idk why 

Yeah, I hope he gets some rest for a couple days. He had to be up a long time every day with FA, the combine and pro day, and then getting ready for the draft and actually doing the draft, along with interviews with everyone. It's a year-long job. Get some sleep Ballard, and drink some extra fluids.

4 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yeah, I hope he gets some rest for a couple days. He had to be up a long time every day with FA, the combine and pro day, and then getting ready for the draft and actually doing the draft, along with interviews with everyone. It's a year-long job. Get some sleep Ballard, and drink some extra fluids.

Absolutely. Long hours, very high stress job. It’s also a huge off-season for Him. He needed to kill it. FWIW I think he has come close 

1 minute ago, IrsaysArmy said:

Absolutely. Long hours, very high stress job. It’s also a huge off-season for Him. He needed to kill it. FWIW I think he has come close 

He did the best he could IMO. The only other thing he could really do now is sign Hilton/Julio as a veteran WR, and Bradberry when he gets released to make our CBs a huge strength. Besides that, this team has a ton of solid players and competition to see who makes the 53.

Watching it now.  I don’t know it could be the way it was edited but I think Ballard wanted tyreke smith.  When Seattle takes him he says alright we’ll take the d tackle.  

Thieve videos are so good.  The discussion on the first 4 picks was great to see.  Thursday night he says we’re looking for wideout tight end online safety and corner and that’s how they went.  

Reggie is so stoked to get pierce.  

matt Ryan’s kid repeating what he says. Lol. 

I love how Ballard jumps up to take woods.  He says I’m not even going to play around or something.   It seemed like it was a tossup between woods and pierce with the earlier pick. 

Very similar reaction for raiman. I think someone says they sweated an hour and a half to see if he’d fall. 

the trade up and scramble for cross.  

I think they nailed the first 4 for where they picked.  

i like when reich talks to a player.  Immediately on their level.  Definitely a players coach. 

13 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

He did the best he could IMO. The only other thing he could really do now is sign Hilton/Julio as a veteran WR, and Bradberry when he gets released to make our CBs a huge strength. Besides that, this team has a ton of solid players and competition to see who makes the 53.

Ehhh I just can’t get to excited about TY or Julio. Maybe with a solid QB like Ryan they both could be productive, but idk. I do think we need a veteran WR though. Just not sure who 

14 hours ago, jmac_48 said:

You could see the anxiety in the room day  one 

Compared to other seasons, there weren't as many smiles in 2022.  Ballard's been a bit grumpy and everyone seems to be under considerable stress.  Following the Jacksonville debacle, it's understandable.  Had Wentz remained, it would have been worse - a dark cloud hovering the entire season.

Winning cures everything.

Archived