Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fun Alec Pierce Poll

Nate!

Alec Pierce Outcomes  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who will Pierce be closer to in his play and production?

• Mike Evans
    • N’Keal Harry

1 hour ago, Bravo said:

Not a lot of options here?
I would have to say Mike Evan’s but he is def not Mike Evan’s.

I predict more Michael Pittman JR which is a solid dependable WR.

If he turns out to be a  receiver in this  league, he will not resemble Pittman. He is more athletic and faster. He will become our deep threat. Pittman is not a deep threat.

5 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Rookie year, I don’t expect a lot.  

Year two is when we decide if he’s going to be the number 1 if MPJ wants a big contract.  

The thing is this. We don't really need him to get like s 1000 yards. He just has to make enough plays where they cannot bring a safety down into the box. That is where u will c his value 

6 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Rookie year, I don’t expect a lot.  

Year two is when we decide if he’s going to be the number 1 if MPJ wants a big contract.  

Agree in part.  Wrs historically take 2 years to mature but I understand the rules are so relaxed now for receivers that it can be a shorter time. 

4 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

If he turns out to be a  receiver in this  league, he will not resemble Pittman. He is more athletic and faster. He will become our deep threat. Pittman is not a deep threat.

Michal Irvin and Alvin Harper type combo?  That would be amazing

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

I agree he is more athletic and faster but he can still play like Pittman. Cincy did mainly

only use Pierce as a deep threat but Pierce can do more. 

Pittman and Pierce made many identical contested catches last season.

2 hours ago, Nate! said:

Will Alec Pierce end up closer to Mike Evans or N’Keal Harry?  Wide range!

No.  It’s not much of a range.   Because you only gave two choices.   

— Either he’s great. 

— Or he sucks. 

Odds are high he’s not going to be either.   He’s going to be somewhere in between, which is the choice you didn’t offer. 

Sorry. 

51 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

No.  It’s not much of a range.   Because you only gave two choices.   

— Either he’s great. 

— Or he sucks. 

Odds are high he’s not going to be either.   He’s going to be somewhere in between, which is the choice you didn’t offer. 

Sorry. 

I said to whom he would be closer not who he would be.  Let’s Mike Evans is a 100 and N’Keal Harry is a 0.  51 would be closer to Evans, and 49 would be closer to Harry.  Can use words then describe where on that range he would fall.  (Really close to Evans, above average, middling, below average, really close to Harry).

12 minutes ago, Nate! said:

I said to whom he would be closer not who he would be.  Let’s Mike Evans is a 100 and N’Keal Harry is a 0.  51 would be closer to Evans, and 49 would be closer to Harry.  Can use words then describe where on that range he would fall.  (Really close to Evans, above average, middling, below average, really close to Harry).

I appreciate the response.   Sorry, I don’t mean to be a jerk about it.   I’m a former media guy.   My DNA gets weird when I see choices like this.    Sometimes I think a little more (a few more choices) goes a long way.   

:thmup:

1 hour ago, Fluke_33 said:

Michal Irvin and Alvin Harper type combo?  That would be amazing

If they let Pierce push off like Irvin did his whole career, I predict tremendous numbers for the kid.

2 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Don't really need him to b a  #1. Having 2 good # 2's would be good enough.

I’m just saying that I’m hoping he’s good enough next year that IF MPJ is looking for that big contract, like the crazy money they’re throwing at great WRs, he can be a #1.

Can anyone see Ballard paying a WR $20+M?   

I think he will probably struggle like most young receivers do.  2-3 good games where he looks like a budding star but also go stretches where nfl secondaries contain him.  

500yds 3tds. Where he goes from there is on him.  The NFL is hard.  I hope he figures it out. 

5 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

I think he will probably struggle like most young receivers do.  2-3 good games where he looks like a budding star but also go stretches where nfl secondaries contain him.  

500yds 3tds. Where he goes from there is on him.  The NFL is hard.  I hope he figures it out. 

I see a Brandon Aiyuk like rookie season with 60 receptions for 750 yards and 5 TDs, that would be plenty good of a return, IMO. Mainly because I have confidence in Matt Ryan's quick release and throwing him open. 

7 hours ago, Smonroe said:

His own, yeah.

Regardless of what he does, it's hard to see Campbell being re-signed, however.  

8 hours ago, Smonroe said:

I’m just saying that I’m hoping he’s good enough next year that IF MPJ is looking for that big contract, like the crazy money they’re throwing at great WRs, he can be a #1.

If Pittman has a huge season (as in pro-bowl season) I can him, other than that no. 

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

I see a Brandon Aiyuk like rookie season with 60 receptions for 750 yards and 5 TDs, that would be plenty good of a return, IMO. Mainly because I have confidence in Matt Ryan's quick release and throwing him open. 

That would be a great return considering I feel 500yds and 3tds is good. Most teams would take 750 and 5 from their #2 all day

18 hours ago, Nate! said:

Will Alec Pierce end up closer to Mike Evans or N’Keal Harry?  Wide range!

Evans has been 74  1100 9.5 td's

Evans has done this all of his 8 years.

I would bet Pierce has a season like this someday. Right now, we have such a good running game and wide array of receiving targets he won't get the targets as long as Pittman is out there also.

Can't wait to see him in the PLAYOFFS!!

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Jordy Nelson and I will take that all day and run with it if he ends up that good.

Jordy caught bookoo # of contested balls, he was strong and adjusted to the ball superbly. Pierce looks just like that. Except when he makes the CB flip his hips for the deep pass, Pierce's immediate burst has him running right past them. Not a gear that Nelson had and i think that it will carry into the NFL.  Pittman, Jelani, Pierce, ohh we gonna get some mis-matches.

6 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Jordy caught bookoo # of contested balls, he was strong and adjusted to the ball superbly. Pierce looks just like that. Except when he makes the CB flip his hips for the deep pass, Pierce's immediate burst has him running right past them. Not a gear that Nelson had and i think that it will carry into the NFL.  Pittman, Jelani, Pierce, ohh we gonna get some mis-matches.

Nelson had a good career, 2 great years in that good part. Pierce is actually faster than Nelson (same build) so it will be interesting. Matt Ryan isn't Rodgers but he is still a good QB.

14 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Nope

17 hours ago, Bravo said:

I agree he is more athletic and faster but he can still play like Pittman. Cincy did mainly

only use Pierce as a deep threat but Pierce can do more. 

Pittman and Pierce made many identical contested catches last season.

Pittman will always make more contested because he will always have more opportunities. Why? Because he does not have great speed. The great speed receivers r not usually contesting  because hopefully they are beating the db. Now, Randy Moss played 500  and blew by dbs. He was special.

Archived