Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Billboard for Aaron Rodgers to become a Colt

chad72

Sure would be nice. I dont think Indy is a place Aaron will go though. Were not close enough to being a superbowl caliber team. Honestly I think he stays in GB which gives him the best shot at winning a SB or retires. Possibly the Broncos with all those weapons and a top 5 defense.

16 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Do we really want to be a team that 'buys' its way to the SB, like the Rams did?

H*** YA WE DO!

Sean Mcvay  did a interview on nbc sports. Go check it out on YouTube. He insists that there was no plan to buy a SB. But when players become available that can help the team you go for it. It was a great interview and had some great insights on team building. 

1 hour ago, Nesjan3 said:

Sure would be nice. I dont think Indy is a place Aaron will go though. Were not close enough to being a superbowl caliber team. Honestly I think he stays in GB which gives him the best shot at winning a SB or retires. Possibly the Broncos with all those weapons and a top 5 defense.

We'd absolutely be an instant Superbowl contender with Rogers.

Probably not a favourite but absolutely a contender.

So, let me get this straight…

You want to sell our future draft capital for a QB who has already considered retirement?

You want to spend even more money on a QB who has already considered retirement?

You want to spend a huge amount of our cap space on a QB who has already considered retirement, knowing full well we have several holes that need to be filled this off-season?

… seems like a bad idea.

16 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Do we really want to be a team that 'buys' its way to the SB, like the Rams did?

H*** YA WE DO!

Or the Bucs?  Nothing wrong with that.  But when was the last time GB was in the Superbowl with Rodgers?  Not saying he might really help, but it would be very expensive and there is never a guarantee.  

My comment was more in fun - who does this guy think he is speaking for "Indy"?

15 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

You want to sell our future draft capital for a QB who has already considered retirement?

You want to spend even more money on a QB who has already considered retirement?

You want to spend a huge amount of our cap space on a QB who has already considered retirement, knowing full well we have several holes that need to be filled this off-season?

… seems like a bad idea.

yes, yes and yes

2 hours ago, Solid84 said:

… seems like a bad idea.

The Colts would have to trade players like, Q, Darius, and DeForest. Not all of them. But 1 and multiple others, or 2 of them in place of number ones. 

People are stuck on this idea that you only trade draft picks for other players in the NFL. 

Sure, draft picks likely involved. But it doesn't have to be straight up multiple 1sts when you have 3 players that would bring the same value. 

If you trade a player, cap space opens up. Its really the only option if the Colts want to make a move for Rodgers or Wilson. 

I see the Colts doing absolutely nothing at QB other than camp bodies. 

2 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

4 MVPs and only one(1) SB to show for and that includes any SB appearances.  Who says life was fair...???

Hmmm…I remember someone else with 4 MVPs and 1 SB to show for before he joined the Broncos with a questionable playoff record…:thinking:

17 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

But at least he had two SB appearances.

He had lots of one and dones like ARod did. If you take the Colts glasses out of it, ARod’s career looks a lot like the Colts Peyton Manning from a distance objectively before he joined the Broncos. Granted PM was an unrestricted free agent for The Broncos to sign much like Tom Brady was for The Bucs but if a team wants to make that 1 BIG aggressive move for him and is convinced he can offer 3 to 4 good years, the risk will be worth the reward.

I mean 2 SBs in 4 years with 1 SB win for The Broncos followed by zero playoff appearances since then. Ask a Broncos fan if they’d pony up 2 first rounders for Peyton if they had to in 2012. We know the answer. SBs are never guaranteed but a chance to be a SB contender every time a QB set foot on the field every year for 4 years, most GMs would take that.

I’m not saying it should or will happen (given our financial commitments) but if Ballard wanted to go for it, I’d support him in this case, that’s all I’m saying.

Rodgers would be an instant improvement to this team. A QB like him can cover holes on this team that Wentz can’t.

If the Colts won the SuperBowl or made a deep playoff run, I doubt many on here would complain.

Thats the problem though, IF.

Teams have proven in recent years that you can go buy a SB if you want (Rams,Bucs). You can also build by drafting well AND using free agency (Bengals).

You must have a great QB and weapons to win the SB though, Colts don’t have either…

Not a big fan of fan boards, but it's his money, and he's putting his checkbook where his mouth's at.... 

And I think the overwhelming majority of fans would go crazy if Rogers were to come here.

But highly doubt he'd be interested unless we fix the OL and upgrade at WR... 

And for folks suggesting his retirement talk is a reason to avoid him... Gonna bet that's 100% posturing. He wants out. And he got his contract modified to make it easy to do so after this year. Brady went his own way, just did it quietly. Rodgers didn't have BB's genius to overcome GB's deficiencies like Tom did.

Archived