Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nelson to Covid list

AwesomeAustin

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, runthepost said:

Missed practice Wednesday due to not feeling well. Came back Thursday. Yeah he definitely had it Wednesday.

Hopefully no one else got it when he was at practice.... The NBA is getting rocked by guys being contagious before they can catch on...

Just now, AwesomeAustin said:

Didn’t realize Glow was out.  Haven’t been able to follow much.  Is Kelly going to be back?

Nope

2 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Didn’t realize Glow was out.  Haven’t been able to follow much.  Is Kelly going to be back?

No already been ruled out.  Since the colts like to do most of their running in the middle of their line this is a nightmare situation.  Might be time to get creative and move Smith to guard (he was one in college) and start Pryor at tackle.

If Pinter can play guard and Kelly can be back, we will be OK. Let’s hope for the best.

Positive is - Big Q won’t be tested for another 90 days because he’s unvaccinated, if I’m not mistaken. It might not be as bad in the long run if they get it over with now, except with maybe Wentz. 

Can we beat the Jaguars with Ehlinger? Just asking :peek:

Just now, chad72 said:

If Pinter can play guard and Kelly can be back, we will be PK. Let’s hope for the best.

Positive is - Big Q won’t be tested for another 90 days because he’s unvaccinated, if I’m not mistaken. It might not be as bad in the long run if they get it over with now, except with maybe Wentz. 

Kelly has already been ruled out for tomorrow.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Kelly has already been ruled out for tomorrow.

Well. We can do without 2 on the OL, harder without 3 starters. Wentz is probably slinging it more this game. Wounded tiger, the Cardinals will be after the Lions loss.

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

If Pinter can play guard and Kelly can be back, we will be PK. Let’s hope for the best.

Ifs not a positive because this means he missed raiders too and right now out depth is really bad. So much for being excited for this game. I don’t care anymore.

12 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

No already been ruled out.  Since the colts like to do most of their running in the middle of their line this is a nightmare situation.  Might be time to get creative and move Smith to guard (he was one in college) and start Pryor at tackle.

The good news is AZ is missing their starting DT. 

Just now, Wentzszn said:

Ifs not a positive because this means he missed raiders too and right now out depth is really bad. So much for being excited for this game. I don’t care anymore.

Its a team game. I’m still excited. I like what our OL coach has done so far and trust him

Just now, Wentzszn said:

If Taylor runs all over Cardinals with three starters missing on the line he is definitely the mvp

Just now, richard pallo said:

Wentz next?  He would miss two games as well.  Tomorrow could be Wentz’s last game during the regular season.   Must win now.

we aren’t quite there yet unless it goldens late next week.

Just now, Stephen said:

If Taylor runs all over Cardinals with three starters missing on the line he is definitely the mvp

If you expect him to run all over cardinals with 3 oline out I got land to sell you.

3 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

the colts completely botched this .  how do they let nelson practice yesterday after feeling sick ?   now the whole team has been in contact with a covid positive player unmasked and practicing together .  we might have another 5 or 6 guys test positive tomorrow

Unless he is a close contact to glow. But my guess is he is a  we might of known about close contact yesterday. Then with him and Wentz being Unvaccinated that is two games.

7 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

the colts completely botched this .  how do they let nelson practice yesterday after feeling sick ?   now the whole team has been in contact with a covid positive player unmasked and practicing together .  we might have another 5 or 6 guys test positive tomorrow

Yeah, the Colts screwed themselves. At the same time, it's not right that someone with another illness can have a false positive with Covid & they are automatically out 10 days (if not vaccinated)

3 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

The Colts didn’t botch this.  I’m sure they followed all of the protocols.  The unvaccinated players botched this.  Thinking of themselves and not their friends and teammates.  This could cost us the playoffs and season.  I hope not but if it does end   we all will know who is primarily responsible : The unvaccinated players.  What a shame.  So easily avoidable.

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

The Colts didn’t botch this.  I’m sure they followed all of the protocols.  The unvaccinated players botched this.  Thinking of themselves and not their friends and teammates.  This could cost us the playoffs and season.  I hope not but if it does end   we all will know who is primarily responsible : The unvaccinated players.  What a shame.  So easily avoidable.

Glow is vaccinated. 

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

if you have a player that is unvaccinated and is sick you should sit him out for practice knowing it takes a couple days to test positive .   rushing him to practice around the whole team in close contact is a bad idea .   nelson is a all pro sitting him a way from the team until saturday is a good idea

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

First of all 95% of the league is vaccinated. Almost every player who is on the covid list is vaccinated. The colts botched it letting Nelson come back to practice.

Hard to keep up with this stuff, but if I’m not mistaken Ryan, Q, Sendejo, and Glow are all out for sure. Is it possible for Rock to come off the Covid list in time? We need him for this one

Also credit to Ballard’s ability to get OL depth this year, while I don’t want to be missing three OL starters, I feel confident in Pryor, Reed, and Pinter holding it down for a game or two

2 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Why are you saying Wentz is playing tomorrow but not the last 2 games?

If he tests positive he will have to miss 10 days.  Will cost us two games.  So if he tests positive after tomorrow’s game that could do it.  If he plays tomorrow we really need the win.

Archived