Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nelson to Covid list

AwesomeAustin

Just a hunch but I bet Kelly  will be back next week. I imagine there was no way he was leaving his wife on Christmas with what they went through. If this had been a home game he might of played.

Also if we can still make playoffs Kelly, Nelson and glow won’t be subject to testing for 90 or any of the protocols.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Thanks. I have not seen the video.

Come to think of it, how does the NFL define "close contact"? It is true that the team is in a locker room together. Isn't that close contact? Why are position groups being put on COVID lists (like Vikings QBs were) and and not eligible to play, but the rest of the team that has also has close contact with them not subject to sitting out practice and games? Just wondering. I'm sure someone here knows.

I wonder the same questions too, and I wish the NFL made it more clear. It’s a pain when to even find the basic Covid rules you have to dig deep on their websites instead of them reminding us occasionally and making them easily accessible.

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Just a hunch but I bet Kelly  will be back next week. I imagine there was no way he was leaving his wife on Christmas with what they went through. If this had been a home game he might of played.

Also if we can still make playoffs Kelly, Nelson and glow won’t be subject to testing for 90 or any of the protocols.

Even if it wasn’t Christmas, he wouldn’t have played an away game. You don’t leave your partner after you’ve just had a stillbirth. It’s tragic. They need to be together for as long as they need, even if that’s the rest of the season. I wonder if he’ll play next week since we’re at home.

3 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

Even if it wasn’t Christmas, he wouldn’t have played an away game. You don’t leave your partner after you’ve just had a stillbirth. It’s tragic. They need to be together for as long as they need, even if that’s the rest of the season. I wonder if he’ll play next week since we’re at home.

Yep. The away game is probably why.  

Just get through the next 3 games and we don’t have to worry about our oline because they will get a holiday. 

7 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

I wonder the same questions too, and I wish the NFL made it more clear. It’s a pain when to even find the basic Covid rules you have to dig deep on their websites instead of them reminding us occasionally and making them easily accessible.

The National guys on Twitter do a great job of giving the bullet points when a memo comes out with the rules. I can post them in the covid thread if any new ones come out.

46 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Thanks. I have not seen the video.

Come to think of it, how does the NFL define "close contact"? It is true that the team is in a locker room together. Isn't that close contact? Why are position groups being put on COVID lists (like Vikings QBs were) and and not eligible to play, but the rest of the team that has also has close contact with them not subject to sitting out practice and games? Just wondering. I'm sure someone here knows.

I have heard close contact is defined as being within 6 feet of someone who tests positive for longer than 15 minutes.

So if you pass someone in the hallway who is positive, that would not qualify as "close contact '

Pryor has been much better at Tackle this season then last, perhaps he will be much better at Guard then last season too. Could be a strong offseason weight program, could be coaching,could be playing next to better players.

Always been a Reed fan, has been hit with holding penalties some of which were very questionable but he made many key blocks.

Pinter has looked great no worries about him at all.

Now behind them likely Fries interior and Davenport on the outside.

We may see either Greg Senat or Carter O'Donnell called up from P.S. for more depth.

10 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

I don’t get the doom and gloom. We have pretty good oline depth. 

I am not too concerned with who is starting. They have all played signings snaps this season.  I am more concerned about more positives tomorrow including Wentz right before the game. Or injuries that happen during the game. 

10 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I am not too concerned with who is starting. They have all played signings snaps this season.  I am more concerned about more positives tomorrow including Wentz right before the game. Or injuries that happen during the game. 

Well there’s no point in worrying about injuries. They suck when they happen but we can’t worry about them possibly happening. I agree if we lose Wentz we’re in trouble but we haven’t. 

1 minute ago, IrsaysArmy said:

Well there’s no point in worrying about injuries. They suck when they happen but we can’t worry about them possibly happening. I agree if we lose Wentz we’re in trouble but we haven’t. 

This team worked really hard to get out of a hole and it would really suck for this to ruin our season. It’s going to be fun to see how good JT can still be with 3 backups. The good news is we can afford to lose this game since it’s a NFC game. But that then puts a lot of pressure on the raiders game. Arizona is dealing with injuries and have lost their starting DT so that’s good news. 

3 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Just thinking of something else.  This really hurts being able to use a extra lineman in certain run situations.

I agree. They have some injuries on offense too. 

This game will help us be glad both Doyle and MAC are very good run blocking TEs.

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

Add our WR to that mix too. I am kind of excited to see how good Taylor is with this makeshift oline.

I do think their contributions get lost in the performance of the OL (run blocking of Doyle, MAC, Pascal). Thankfully Cardinals pass D is not the same level as the Patriots thus allowing us to move the ball in a balanced fashion playing a lot of 2 TE formations.

Just now, chad72 said:

I do think their contributions get lost in the performance of the OL. Thankfully Cardinals pass D is not the same level as the Patriots thus allowing us to move the ball in a balanced fashion playing a lot of 2 TE formations.

They are apparently really bad when teams play multiple tight end sets. Like 27th. Hopefully are defense can hold up without Rock. 

We all just need to hold our breath there are no more positives to Wentz or the oline tomorrow.  I will add Taylor to that mix too.

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

No. But hold your breath tomorrow before the game or next week. Anything that happens past Wed Next week will put him out the last two games.

Didn't the NFL change the rules on how soon they can be tested again ?

3 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

the depth is what is gonna hurt really bad .  the cardinals are a small defensive team with a bad run defense , using jumbo sets with extra linemen would of been a great game plan .   now we cant really bring extra linemen in the game .

Like stated earlier we really don’t do that much. We use our TE for that. Cardinals are really bad when teams use multiple TE.

1 hour ago, coming on strong said:

the depth is what is gonna hurt really bad .  the cardinals are a small defensive team with a bad run defense , using jumbo sets with extra linemen would of been a great game plan .   now we cant really bring extra linemen in the game .

why not?

9 hours ago, chad72 said:

If Pinter can play guard and Kelly can be back, we will be OK. Let’s hope for the best.

Positive is - Big Q won’t be tested for another 90 days because he’s unvaccinated, if I’m not mistaken. It might not be as bad in the long run if they get it over with now, except with maybe Wentz. 

Can we beat the Jaguars with Ehlinger? Just asking :peek:

Kelly has already been ruled out. 

4 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

They are apparently really bad when teams play multiple tight end sets. Like 27th. Hopefully are defense can hold up without Rock. 

We all just need to hold our breath there are no more positives to Wentz or the oline tomorrow.  I will add Taylor to that mix too.

At least Taylor is Vaccinated. 

9 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

It didnt really sink in until i read it.  Yea, how on earth could a man leave his wife alone at christmas under the circumstances.  I cant even imagine.

I have no opinion other than to ket the dude do what he has to do.  Some things are much bigger than football.

7 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

No. But hold your breath tomorrow before the game or next week. Anything that happens past Wed Next week will put him out the last two games.

Part of me wonders how he WONT test positive this year.  I mean, the OL gas it now.  Im worried what may happen before kickoff to add to the list.        It hasnt spread this fast since the beginning of all this.... if that.  Here in Pa, its goin nuts.  I think over 13,000 new just today.

Archived