Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nelson to Covid list

AwesomeAustin

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

This is such a good point. This 17 is going to ruin it for a bunch of teams.

Yeah I gotta be honest, as much as I get tired of debating over Covid stuff, they should have waited until Covid is no longer an issue before starting the 17 game schedule.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Missed practice Wednesday due to not feeling well. Came back Thursday. Yeah he definitely had it Wednesday.

I don’t think that necessarily means he had Covid on Wednesday. Isn’t it entirely likely that he was sick, recovered enough to practice, but because his immune system was weakened by a normal sickness, he was more susceptible to Covid and contracted it because of that?

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Do we know if it's just close contact or did he test positive?

I haven’t seen anyone say. Assuming the Covid protocols haven’t changed for unvaccinated players who have contracted Covid, and assuming that Nelson is still unvaccinated, wouldn’t that mean he would miss at least ten days and the Raiders game too?

Just now, chickenMan said:

I haven’t seen anyone say. Assuming the Covid protocols haven’t changed for unvaccinated players who have contracted Covid, and assuming that Nelson is still unvaccinated, wouldn’t that mean he would miss at least ten days and the Raiders game too?

If he tested positive he would miss the Raiders game.   Close contact is 5 days with no positive tests 

Just now, jvan1973 said:

If he tested positive he would miss the Raiders game.   Close contact is 5 days with no positive tests 

Really, 5 days? I understand that those players are not vaccinated, but do they seriously need to wait 5 days just to be sure he didn’t get it? Seems like overkill to me, I would think 2 to 3 days would be enough...

7 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

I don’t think that necessarily means he had Covid on Wednesday. Isn’t it entirely likely that he was sick, recovered enough to practice, but because his immune system was weakened by a normal sickness, he was more susceptible to Covid and contracted it because of that?

Typically, you don't get Covid & then test positive immediately

10 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

Really, 5 days? I understand that those players are not vaccinated, but do they seriously need to wait 5 days just to be sure he didn’t get it? Seems like overkill to me, I would think 2 to 3 days would be enough...

Go talk to the NFL then. All their rules make no sense. It’s 5 days from contact. So in reality it could be one or two days.

15 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

The NFL is going to have to figure out a better way to deal with this next season.  

New virus, new vaccine.  Everyone is learning as they go.  I'm surprised the NFL has gotten in as much football as it has the past two years.

Everything will be different in 2022.  Good chance Omicron ends the pandemic.  Just gotta get through the next few months.  Of course doing so would be easier if our best players and team leaders were vaccinated.

1 minute ago, #12. said:

New virus, new vaccine.  Everyone is learning as they go.  I'm surprised the NFL has gotten in as much football as it has the past two years.

Everything will be different in 2022.  Good chance Omicron ends the pandemic.  Just gotta get through the next few months.  Of course doing so would be easier if our best players and team leaders were vaccinated.

Might be easier but I totally understand why they choose not to. 

32 minutes ago, IndyEric07 said:

In Ehl we trust!!!

What if Ehl takes over and has the same impact Brady did when Bledsoe got hurt?:hat:

Not with his diminutive arm, everyone will squat on the short routes, will be worse than Chad Pennington plus not being tall, he can't throw down the seams, have to get him to drop back 3-4 yards consistently to see everything clearly. Might work for a game but not much more. He doesn't have much upside, IMO.

I'd invest in a better backup if I were Ballard given Wentz's injury history as well.

13 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Oh boy. 

Let’s just see how this all plays out over the following week before everyone is ready to call it a season. 

It is just one person with the doom and gloom. Football is the ultimate team sport and I believe in our coaches, 100% with their ability to maximize our strengths and minimize our weaknesses.

7 minutes ago, #12. said:

Omicron virus doesn’t seem to care if you are vaxxed or unvaxxed. It appears to hit vaxxed just as much, just not as hard.

The biggest thing this hurts is the oline needs chemistry to hit combo blocks ect for Taylor. These guys have not played together. 

Maybe Kelly will be back next week.

1 minute ago, JediXMan said:

You guys think we could beat the Jags if Sam had to play?

Depends on where the rest of the team is. If oline is all together and Taylor is playing yes I think we can.

7 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

The biggest thing this hurts is the oline needs chemistry to hit combo blocks ect for Taylor. These guys have not played together. 

Maybe Kelly will be back next week.

Move Doyle to H Back, like Dallas Clark often played- Plus in addition, MAC and Granson at 2 TE Sets. Get creative blocking/helping.

13 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Not with his diminutive arm, everyone will squat on the short routes, will be worse than Chad Pennington plus not being tall, he can't throw down the seams, have to get him to drop back 3-4 yards consistently to see everything clearly. Might work for a game but not much more. He doesn't have much upside, IMO.

I'd invest in a better backup if I were Ballard given Wentz's injury history as well.

Not sure you realize Chad Oennington is a former MVP of the entire National Football League?!?    And Sam Ehlinger is a full 6’ 1”.   It’s not like he’s sub-6’

Feel free to keep your powder dry.   No need to meltdown quite yet…..     :peek:

Archived