Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nelson to Covid list

AwesomeAustin

3 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

They literally gather in a group like that every day for practice, chill out.

I think she has a point. What does the NFL deem to be a "close contact"? If one in the group (of Pro Bowlers)  tests positive for COVID, will the NFL say that the whole group was exposed and therefore cannot play? I don't know the answer. 

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

This definitely sucks, but Taylor is special, and I think he will still get 100 yards and 1 TD

We are about to find out how good he really is.

AZ has injuries to. Their starting DT is out son that helps neutralize some. It’s time to put up or shut up. Titans just win with 3 backups on the oline. Defense needs to come to play.

Just now, NFLfan said:

I think she has a point. What does the NFL deem to be a "close contact"? If one in the group (of Pro Bowlers)  tests positive for COVID, will the NFL say that the whole group was exposed and therefore cannot play? I don't know the answer. 

I don’t think they were close enough for long enough to be deemed a close contact. But for me it’s more spreading it with how close they all were.

6 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I don’t think they were close enough for long enough to be deemed a close contact. But for me it’s more spreading it with how close they all were.

How close do you think they are at practice?    Football is a contact sport.  They are going to be close to others

9 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Hopefully they are all well and they will not miss too many games.

8 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

We are about to find out how good he really is.

AZ has injuries to. Their starting DT is out son that helps neutralize some. It’s time to put up or shut up. Titans just win with 3 backups on the oline. Defense needs to come to play.

And I thought you said you didn't care any more. :D

Just messing with you Chloe. You can't throw in the towel yet. This version of COVID is going to impact every NFL team over the next few weeks. Who knows what will happen to AZ by tomorrow, the Raiders by next week, and the Jags after that? 

Gotta just suck it up and pull hard for our team. They can win this game. And wouldn't that be a nice Xmas present!

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

Seems from what we see in practice they are outside and aren’t packed so close like they were in that video.

How about when they are blocking d lineman.   They are right in each other's face.    It's not like they were all huddled up in a small office.   That indoor facility may as well be outside with how high the ceiling is

4 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Just messing with you Chloe. You can't throw in the towel yet. This version of COVID is going to impact every NFL team over the next few weeks. Who knows what will happen to AZ by tomorrow, the Raiders by next week, and the Jags after that? 

Gotta just suck it up and pull hard for our team. They can win this game. And wouldn't that be a nice Xmas present!

Might be the best post of the day.   Certainly the early front-runner.   Appreciate it.    :thmup:

:colts:

6 minutes ago, Hoose said:

This is a much less abrasive way of saying the same thing as others have. Thanks!

Hypothetical question don’t kill me guys. What if Sam/Huntley play the next two games due to Wentz getting covid. Is it possible they play enough snaps that it reverts back the Colts first round pick. Again just a legitimate question/scenario that I hope never happens. 

:peek:

Wonder about moving Braden to guard for this game and starting Pryor at T? Not likely but just thinking. Braden is really a guard who got placed at tackle i think due to injuries. Same way they had Q playing Tackle for emergency last year.

Just now, krunk said:

Wonder about moving Braden to guard for this game and starting Pryor at T? Not likely but just thinking. Braden is really a guard. Same way they had Q playing Tackle for emergency.

4 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Hypothetical question don’t kill me guys. What if Sam/Huntley play the next two games due to Wentz getting covid. Is it possible they play enough snaps that it reverts back the Colts first round pick. Again just a legitimate question/scenario that I hope never happens. 

No. He hit it with ten snaps last game.

22 minutes ago, Hoose said:

I said yesterday with the way we have been winning games with just Taylor he is almost more important then Wentz.

Hopefully chandler jones doesn’t come back alive.  Arizona is misting it’s starting DT do that should help a little with our oline situation. As long as nothing else happens to oline tomorrow before the game. 

10 minutes ago, krunk said:

Wonder about moving Braden to guard for this game and starting Pryor at T? Not likely but just thinking. Braden is really a guard who got placed at tackle i think due to injuries. Same way they had Q playing Tackle for emergency last year.

Braden Smith has played at a Top 5 RT in the league high level since he came back from his injury. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

45 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I wouldn’t think so, or else we would see entire teams being considered close contact quite frequently, wouldn’t we? In the video she’s referring to, it’s Frank telling the entire team who got Pro Bowl, everyone is there for practice in a big huddle. Every team practices, so if that’s considered close contact wouldn’t entire teams be in danger? It’s hard to say for certain, but I doubt it

Just thinking of something else.  This really hurts being able to use a extra lineman in certain run situations.

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Besides we’ve been beating playoff teams by holding them to less than 20 points. So as always this game winning or losing will come down to our D cashing in on opportunities.

I agree. They have some injuries on offense too. 

Is there anyone on the PS we need to call up?

We are lucky because all of these guys have played a lot of snaps this season. 

I would think Glow will be back next week because he is vaccinated. Chris Reed is vaccinated from what it looks like from things that have been posted so no daily testing for him. Maybe Kelly is back next week. Let’s just hope none of our backups test positive before tomorrow’s game. Even if vaccinated they are subject to close contact testing if they were close contacts to anyone testing positive.

Seeing how Q is always in Taylor’s face let’s pray for him and Wentz.

This week Reich also talked about how with covid everyone needed to be ready to play. He mentioned how Pinter had a lot of snaps before Kelly had to take a step back. So hopefully they have gotten more practice reps and with game experience we will be ok. We will see how things go but maybe need to use screens more with Taylor and Hines.

31 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I said yesterday with the way we have been winning games with just Taylor he is almost more important then Wentz.

Hopefully chandler jones doesn’t come back alive.  Arizona is misting it’s starting DT do that should help a little with our oline situation. As long as nothing else happens to oline tomorrow before the game. 

You're Chloe? Didn't know that. Hello! 

29 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

I wouldn’t think so, or else we would see entire teams being considered close contact quite frequently, wouldn’t we? In the video she’s referring to, it’s Frank telling the entire team who got Pro Bowl, everyone is there for practice in a big huddle. Every team practices, so if that’s considered close contact wouldn’t entire teams be in danger? It’s hard to say for certain, but I doubt it

Thanks. I have not seen the video.

Come to think of it, how does the NFL define "close contact"? It is true that the team is in a locker room together. Isn't that close contact? Why are position groups being put on COVID lists (like Vikings QBs were) and and not eligible to play, but the rest of the team that has also has close contact with them not subject to sitting out practice and games? Just wondering. I'm sure someone here knows.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Thanks. I have not seen the video.

Come to think of it, how does the NFL define close contact? It is true that the team is in a locker room together. Isn't that close contact. Why are position groups being put on COVID lists (like Vikings QBs were) and and not eligible to play, but the rest of the team that has also has close contact with them not subject to sitting out practice and games. Just wondering. I'm sure someone here knows.

It’s has too be more then 10 or 15 minutes of being less then six feet apart. So just being on a practice field or in locker room is not. They can have their trackers go off to alert them they need to move. For some they can’t be with the same trainer for more then this time. What sucks is even if vaccinated you can have to be tested everyday if you are deemed a close contact but do not have to go on the list.

Here is the list for the rest of the league today. Bills added a few and Patriots added the running back that started for them against us. So Nelson is the result of a positive test. Not good. So he will miss raiders game too. Nelson was not in that video of Reich giving out pro bowl nods. That was the day he missed. All our vaxxed players getting on plane with no mask makes we wonder. They need to be smarter.

1 hour ago, JediXMan said:

Well it’s % offensive snaps based but I don’t think it’s possible to reach that number anymore.  

1 hour ago, krunk said:

I thought about this too but I am also cool with the Colts plan to try Pryor at guard.  

35 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Dear God…

I think that’s a little harsh.  I can see the logic of thinking of that given Smith’s history of playing guard and how well Pryor has done at tackle and his struggles at guard last year.  With that said I am also good with the Colts plan to leave Smith at tackle and try Pryor at guard.  Both are valid options for different reasons.

Archived