Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots Colts Predictions

danlhart87

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My boss gifted me his tickets to the Patriots-Colts game yesterday. Section 209 Row 4 Baby!!!

My prediction is that I am going to have a good time. 

My record for being at Colts games

2005 MNF Steelers game win 26-7

2006 Jaguars game we won 21-14 with Peyton running boot leg for a TD

2012 Colts vs Vikings game, we won 23-20

Let us hope I can continue that. :) 

This might be our most interesting match up with them some peyton was here.  Colts were solid in 2014 but NE just had too much for us then

Neither team wants a shoot out this week.  Their defense is better and we have the more talented offense

To me this one comes down to  coaching, and tbh I would pick them to win a close one.  Should be fun 

17 hours ago, NFLUp said:

Yeah, a 7-6 Colts team is playing a 9-4 Patriots team that just happens to have the best defense in the NFL.

Shocking that so many think that the Patriots will win easily.

if the Patriots shut down the run, they win.  Colts have lost all 6 games this season when Wentz has thrown 35+ passes.

You're acting like we've been blown out when Wentz has thrown that much. Ravens, Titans, and Bucs were all winnable games and it's not like the Patriots are gods at stopping the run. Their average. Hell some guy named Hillard went for 130 yards and 200 overall by the Titans. As far as the Patriots having the top defense, who have they stopped? Matt Ryan? Josh Allen in a hurricane? Ryan Tannerhill with no weapons? Herbert and the hot one day cold the next Chargers?

17 hours ago, NFLUp said:

Yeah, a 7-6 Colts team is playing a 9-4 Patriots team that just happens to have the best defense in the NFL.

Shocking that so many think that the Patriots will win easily.

if the Patriots shut down the run, they win.  Colts have lost all 6 games this season when Wentz has thrown 35+ passes.

You apparently don't know our team if you assume if Wentz throws it 35 times we will just lose. Factually you are right in saying we are 0-6 when it happens, I can't debate you there. You do realize though, take the Ravens game for example he put us in position to win the game and our kicker missed the game winner. Also we had the Bucs tied 31-31, our D gave up the game winning TD with 20 seconds to go. You act like we are getting blown when Wentz goes pass happy. You sound like ESPN. It would be different if we were losing these games by 14 or more. 

No disrespect but you are a typical east coast guy that knows nothing about our team and by your posts you think Taylor is just another RB lmao . You are the Pats fan that thinks you can just show up and win in any game, not without Brady sorry haha . Taylor is about to run it down your guys throat, by the way we are 7-0 when Taylor goes over 100, so does that mean if he goes 100 we will win? - not necessarily true. Colts will win this and like Ballard said "rivalry back on" and we don't even need Luck to have it happen. He said that when we had Luck. 

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

Zak Keefer on the radio this morning jinxing Colts saying he won’t be surprised if Colts win convincingly.

I wouldn't be surprised either.  I don't normally do it and I especially am not betting against the Colts 

this week at home with all the marbles on the line to really line up a playoff spot.   I think we are going 

to win as long as we play our normal penalty free and turnover free brand of football. 

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

I wouldn't be surprised either.  I don't normally do it and I especially am not betting against the Colts 

this week at home with all the marbles on the line to really line up a playoff spot.   I think we are going 

to win as long as we play our normal penalty free and turnover free brand of football. 

I have it 24-20 Colts and I am bit nervous because they do have a great D and BB but if we get out to a big lead in this one - like a 14-0, it will be over. They don't have the offense to keep up like a Lamar or Tom can.

I will give Bellichick his credit in terms of the experience of himself and his staff, but I think a lot of their numbers are a bit overblown somewhat looking at the opponents on the schedule.   Our record is 7-6 but I honestly think that's about what kind of team they really are marbles to marbles.  Looking at them defensively I don't see a lot of high powered offenses they've played on their schedule so that helps the numbers a bit.  I really think they are about 7-6 type squad maybe less. 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have it 24-20 Colts and I am bit nervous because they do have a great D and BB but if we get out to a big lead in this one - like a 14-0, it will be over. They don't have the offense to keep up like a Lamar or Tom can.

We will see, but I think a lot of that "Great D" is fluff against non quality opponents.  Even if you try to add the Bills, I think people have caught up with the Bills mostly bc they are one dimensional.   I haven't seen too many defenses keep us off the scoreboard and we've played some good defensive squads this year. 

1 minute ago, krunk said:

I will give Bellichick his credit in terms of the experience of himself and his staff, but I think a lot of their numbers are a bit overblown somewhat looking at the opponents on the schedule.   Our record is 7-6 but I honestly think that's about what kind of team they really are marbles to marbles.  Looking at them defensively I don't see a lot of high powered offenses they've played on their schedule so that helps the numbers a bit.  I really think they are about 7-6 type squad maybe less. 

As long as we win this game, we will be in great shape and there isn't one person in here, on ESPN, or on planet Mars that can't respect us at that point and say that isn't a signature win.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

My boss gifted me his tickets to the Patriots-Colts game yesterday. Section 209 Row 4 Baby!!!

That's amazing!  have fun!!  And i hope that streak continues

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Great stuff, this you can add to your collection, The top 3 games I have ever went too are the:

1. 2009 Pats at Colts = 4th and 2

2. 2004 Playoff game vs Denver, we blew them out

3. 1999 vs Dallas and Emmitt, Troy, and Deion - we won that. Irvin was injured.

I hope you bring the Mojo as you are 3-0 in games attended :thmup:

Just now, Fluke_33 said:

I know I know.  I was just teasing.   And i live in Patriots land.  I hear it all the time.  They don't think we have a chance.

I had to break out the Homer on that one haha . They really don't have a clue, which is funny. They think they are as great as they were when they had Tom. They are good but nowhere near that scary.

I look at the last 20 seasons which I guess would equal recent history? 2002-2021 season which includes this season and we have a top 3 franchise = overall wins/SB wins, the 1 SB win makes the other wins worth their value in win shares. Top 4 franchises since 2002 are 

1. Pats - belly flop GIF- I guess people can say they cheated but they won 6 SB's with Tom and BB.

2. Steelers = Boo, won roughly the same amount of games as us but won 2 SB's!

3. Do you go Colts or Giants here? Giants won 2 SB's and we won 1 but we won a ton more games since 2002.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I look at the last 20 seasons which I guess would equal recent history? 2002-2021 season which includes this season and we have a top 3 franchise = overall wins/SB wins, the 1 SB win makes the other wins worth their value in win shares. Top 4 franchises since 2002 are 

1. Pats - belly flop GIF- I guess people can say they cheated but they won 6 SB's with Tom and BB.

2. Steelers = Boo, won roughly the same amount of games as us but won 2 SB's!

3. Do you go Colts or Giants here? Giants won 2 SB's and we won 1 but we won a ton more games since 2002.

Actually had a brain fart, Bucs have won 2 SB's as well haha . 2002 and 2020, I guess that would be a top 5. 

The Pats are a very good team.   You don't win 7 games in a row if you are not.   That includes wins over the Browns, Chargers, Titans and Bills.   I don't think they are the best team in the league, but they are well coached and Mac is playing well.   Completing over 70% of his passes is impressive for a rookie or a vet.  

I got this as a 50/50 game going in.   

48 minutes ago, Myles said:

The Pats are a very good team.   You don't win 7 games in a row if you are not.   That includes wins over the Browns, Chargers, Titans and Bills.   I don't think they are the best team in the league, but they are well coached and Mac is playing well.   Completing over 70% of his passes is impressive for a rookie or a vet.  

7 in a row is tough but they beat the Titans without Henry, Brown, and Jones. Why couldn't of we had that luck. We would've too had that been the case. Beating the Browns is nothing special and if I remember right they had a lot of injuries too. I give them the Bills win but the weather conditions gave Allen a low% to throw, the Bills run game stinks. When we beat them, Allen had very little wind conditions. The rest of the teams they have beat have stunk. The good teams they have beat are the on'e's I listed and look at why. Their SOS is rated in the bottom 5. We started out with 5 of the toughest games, yes even Seattle was good at the beginning. That put us in a hole. Look at how Miami is playing too (we beat them), they have won 5 in row and beat the Pats on opening day.

The 1st 5 games we had, it was like the NFL was trying to ruin our season from the get go and everyone knows it. Go back and look at our posts, most were saying we would be lucky to go 1-4 in that stretch before the season started. 

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

27-20 Pats. I've said before until we beat a good team on even terms I'm betting against the Colts. I'm just not confident we can close these games yet.

Cool, after we win Saturday you can post something positive :)

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The 1st 5 games we had, it was like the NFL was trying to ruin our season from the get go and everyone knows it. Go back and look at our posts, most were saying we would be lucky to go 1-4 in that stretch before the season started. 

Cool, after we win Saturday you can post something positive :)

If you want to be a contender you have to beat other contenders. We haven't beaten a contender (on even terms) this season meaning we aren't contenders. I'm not saying we are far off though. Every single game we have lost we have played our opponents close and we beat bad teams comfortably. But we're not a contender this year until we start beating the good teams. During the next two weeks we have two more shots at doing this this season. So, either we show people what we want to be or we are a 50/50 team going no where this season.

This constant bickering is getting old. If you haven't seen me post something positive you haven't been paying attention. :facepalm:

On 12/15/2021 at 9:39 AM, smittywerb said:

24-17 Patriots

On 12/15/2021 at 9:56 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

Pats 28

Colts 13

On 12/15/2021 at 10:02 AM, NFLUp said:

Patriots 27

Colts 17.

To hold the Colts under 20 points.....on the road.......would be incredible. I don't think they can do it. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

7 in a row is tough but they beat the Titans without Henry, Brown, and Jones. Why couldn't of we had that luck. We would've too had that been the case. Beating the Browns is nothing special and if I remember right they had a lot of injuries too. I give them the Bills win but the weather conditions gave Allen a low% to throw, the Bills run game stinks. 

Their SOS is rated in the bottom 5

The Colts wins are nothing to brag about either:

Dolphins

Texans

49rs

Jets

Jags

Bills

Texans

From what I have searched, the Pats and Colts SOS is almost equal.   

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/afcsosag.html

I should clarify.  I'm not trying to be a buzzkill.  Just calling it as I see it.  The Colts have to win a big game like this before I can trust that they will.

There losses:

Seahawks

Rams

Titans 

Ravens

Titans

Buccaneers

5 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Zak Keefer on the radio this morning jinxing Colts saying he won’t be surprised if Colts win convincingly.

If we protect the football, no stupid penalties, and no hero ball by Wentz we could win convincingly. Should have won convincingly against titans, bucs, and ravens but we let them off the hook 

49 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

If you want to be a contender you have to beat other contenders. We haven't beaten a contender (on even terms) this season meaning we aren't contenders. I'm not saying we are far off though. Every single game we have lost we have played our opponents close and we beat bad teams comfortably. But we're not a contender this year until we start beating the good teams. During the next two weeks we have two more shots at doing this this season. So, either we show people what we want to be or we are a 50/50 team going no where this season.

This constant bickering is getting old. If you haven't seen me post something positive you haven't been paying attention. :facepalm:

Beating the Bills on Buffalo doesn’t show you anything?     

The Dolphins in Miami?

The 49ers in San Francisco?

Even terms?   What does that mean? 

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Beating the Bills on Buffalo doesn’t show you anything?     

The Dolphins in Miami?

The 49ers in San Francisco?

Even terms?   What does that mean? 

It doesn't show anything more than the Pats beating the Bills. Go watch our game against them again. Look how many balls their receivers dropped because of the rain. If we had played in a dome this game would have been very different. Not saying we definitely would have lost, but it wouldn't have been anything like a 41-15 game.

The Dolphins... Really?

49'ers aren't really a top tier team - just like us. BUT, it's really the same story as the Bills game, we had the weather in our favor and we had some good turnovers. We are built for bad weather games because of our run game.

5 hours ago, chad72 said:

This is Great!

I hope you see an incredible game with us getting the W.  :td:

1 hour ago, Four2itus said:

To hold the Colts under 20 points.....on the road.......would be incredible. I don't think they can do it. 

man idk, I just think it’s about to disappointment.  I’ve seen this story too many times this year.  All of bills teams play smart and don’t turn the ball over.  

I have a feeling we’re going to become one dimensional.  Bills going to stop the run a couple of times and Reich is going to go into passing mode.

3 hours ago, Myles said:

You are exactly right, BB and Pats love the run and Dink-n-Dunk game.  If you stop that, force Mac to throw deep, you can win.  If not, they will control the game and you lose (see Bills 2021`)....   :bossy:

Archived