Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Jets at Colts Post Game Thoughts....

EastStreet

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We won, yet I am still annoyed. Actually kinda angry. The Colts defense is a disaster. A third-string QB is slicing up Indy’s starters. The defense continues to be abysmal, and Eberblus and his soft scheme will experience no consequences. This should have been a 40+ for the Colts and below 14 points for the Jets sort of games. 

Why cant the Colts simply focus and play proper defense despite of being far ahead? I wanted to do to the Jets what the Saints did to us in the 60+ burger game. The Saints still played proper defense ALL the way through. Not this soft stuff from Eberflus.

The Colts make every no name QB look great. 3 TDs for.... Josh Johnson, are you kidding me?!

This game exemplifies everything right AND wrong with the defense.

Big turnovers but no consistency in terms of stopping the pass. 

Josh Johnson and Mike White went 34 of 52 for 412 yards, 4 TDs and 0.

Simply pathetic. 

Downright embarrassing to see that stat line put up on you.

Please terminate Eberflus’ contract and change the scheme. Show some accountability, Irsay. The playmakers will still be there, but the Colts need consistency. Not just the occasional big play on defense.

And don’t give me “garbage time”. They did it the whole 2nd half, and other no named QBs have carved up the Colts as well. We allowed over 450 yards of offense... to the Jets.

Loved the playcalling. Redemption for Frank IMO. Have to keep it up though. Look how good Wentz can be when supported with great running backs.

Not sure what happened at the end there hoping it was just a byproduct of having such a huge lead. Regardless that was kind of embarrassing. Very much in the hunt for a wildcard though.

We need help badly on the back end.

Flus has got to stop playing so loose with the lead.  Drives me NUTS!!

Frank called a great game tonight.  A little too cute, but it worked out okay.

JT and Hines both ran well behind a line that had huge holes all night.

This should have been a blowout game against a bad team.  We let them back in it.  We're not ready for prime time yet.

Great job by the offense and the defense plays a terrible half with prevent defense where the Jets had a shot at an onside kick to potentially tie the game if Okereke doesn't get the interception when they had a 42-10 lead.

Eberflus needs to be fired and Reich needs to be reprimanded.

Other than that, the offense had a great game for 3 quarters until they let off the gas.

I'm just thinking of Matt Eberflus' chances of being our DC next year. Probably low-ish I'd say being honest if this current trend continues. Frightened to death of what Brady would do to our secondary.

Offense found its identity. Great job by Reich, Wentz, the backs and particurly the o-line.

Eberflus needed to have been replaced a while back. He runs the same schemes late in games whenever they have a lead or are close that any and all NFL quarterback have career days against. You're not going far in the playoffs if you plan on just giving all the underneath stuff open every single time..

If I'm the coaching staff I'm not happy. If we had been playing a good QB with a solid team, i.e., Baltimore, we would have had another epic meltdown loss. Thankfully we were playing the Jets. I can't image what Allen and Brady will do to us.

Just now, Zoltan said:

I don't understand but our defense is terrible when playing with a lead, which makes no sense. 

They are WAY too scared of getting beat deep they back off and let teams just slowly drive the ball down the field at will because the Colts have three guys guarding grass while there is a wide open WR underneath.  

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Don’t know if anyone caught smith left with a triceps injury.

The pressure was there tonight from the front the four.  THE.  SECONDARY.  IS.  GARBAGE.

The front  four played great. Even Dayo.

Taylor is so good. It’s so fun to watch him. Nice to see Hines so involved too. I was glad Mack was a healthy scratch.

Just now, RollerColt said:

Surprised Winter Olympics GIF by Team USA

I'm happy. Offense did what it needed to do tonight. I agree with @2006Coltsbestever that the defense looked like it was just trying to avoid injuries. 

That is kind of what it looked like to me, I think because we have blown leads in the past I see why people were complaining. I have even said our Pass D is the worst part of this team but tonight it just looked like we knew were going to win so they just wanted to avoid injury. Not only did we win, we even covered the point spread. There were several in here that were picking the Jets to win and were serious.

Our offensive line is back to their dominant form. The balance on offense was great. I like the 2 RB committee rather than 3. Carson was on fire tonight. Idk what's up w Zach but he can't hang onto the ball this year. That floater to Hines was beautiful. 

Hopefully the injury to Braden is not serious. Pryor is good but the line has looked elite since Braden has been back.

Defense is soft. What else can we say. They're going to give up 24-34 pts every week.

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Don’t know if anyone caught smith left with a triceps injury.

The pressure was there tonight from the front the four.  THE.  SECONDARY.  IS.  GARBAGE.

Smith?    Braden Smith?   Triceps?   

Sigh…..    not good.              :giveup:

Just now, bsteves said:

Our offensive line is back to their dominant form. The balance on offense was great. I like the 2 RB committee rather than 3. Carson was on fire tonight. Idk what's up w Zach but he can't hang onto the ball this year. That floater to Hines was beautiful. 

Hopefully the injury to Braden is not serious. Pryor is good but the line has looked elite since Braden has been back.

Defense is soft. What else can we say. They're going to give up 24-34 pts every week.

I think zach was our leading reciever.

Archived