Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 8 Reich Grievance MEGA THREAD (merge)

basketballsteve

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was maybe Reich's worst called game.   He has been bad many times but never this bad.   Taylor was running great and Reich only rushes him 16 times in 4 quarters and 2 overtime possessions.  3rd and 3 with 2 downs to get those 3 yards.   No Taylor.   2 long passes.  1st and 1 at the goal line.   Run Taylor?   Nope pass, Granson trick play, pass and then a TD on 4th down.  Get into overtime, run Taylor?   Nope just keep passing the ball.   No defending Reich.   What a *.  

He did get his Hines up the gut run in again.   

Look, I agreed to wipe the slate clean one last time and try this with him again after the last two weeks. Then today happens. I’m trying, but

Bored Hey Arnold GIF

Seeing the exact same rotten football that made me bail on him to begin with got me thinking those two games were the exception and not the rule like they should have been. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Reich didn't throw INT's what a silly thread the simpsons homer GIF

that's true, but Reich also failed to utilize his best player for most of the game.  For most of the game, Henry was being held in check.  He still got 28 carries.  Taylor averaged over 6 ypc and we were down to only 3 healthy but exhausted WRs..Taylor gets the ball 10 times.  That is absolutely ridiculous.

Frank should've went for 2 when we scored to make 30-31, that is my only complaint about him but had we not got the 2 there would've been 3 different threads saying Frank sucks he needs to be fired lmao . I wouldve went for it because I don't trust our defense. I love Leonard and Buck but the others are MEH - as the younger generation says haha 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Frank should've went for 2 when we scored to make 30-31, that is my only complaint about him but had we not got the 2 there would've been 3 different threads saying Frank sucks he needs to be fired lmao . I wouldve went for it because I don't trust our defense. I love Leonard and Buck but the others are MEH - as the younger generation says haha 

If he would have went for 2 it would have been a double reverse using Mo and Granson and would lose 10 yards on the play.   Taylor would have been on the bench.  

Horrible OT offensive game planning! I thought for sure that we would pound the rock with Taylor when we made it to OT. But nope, we just keep passing the ball over & over with only 1 legit WR left on the field. Inexcusable not to feed the ball to Taylor to end out the game!! This loss falls squarely on Reich and I seriously hope Irsay rips him a new 1 and demands the play calling duties be handed over to the OC!

I don't see he called a horrible game, Wentz threw 2 INT's that were dumb how is that his fault?

51-17. Total new level of dumb. 

Screen near your own goal line.

3 yards needed for a first down, and you know you're going to go for it.... You don't run it once... 

I don't see how he called a horrible game, Wentz threw 2 INT's that were dumb how is that his fault?

Horrible is a bit of hyperbole, but Taylor only had only 10 carries but over 60 yards.  THAT'S how Frank called a bad game..  Tennessee's OC knew to keep feeding Henry even though the Colts were holding him in check for most of the game.

Archived