Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Week 8 Practice/Injury Report (Titans2)

EastStreet

Getting this one going earlier like last week.

Using ESPN as a guide to get us going prior to the reports later tomorrow afternoon.

• Colts
    • Starters - Questionable
      • WR Hilton (quad)
      • RT Smith (foot/thumb)
      • CB Ya-Sin (ankle)
    • Depth - Questionable
      • RB Wilkins (still a mystery)
      • CB Keyes (hamstring)
      • DE Turay (groin)
    • Comments
      • It was reported that the Colts were optimistic both Hilton and Smith would be back for the Titans game.
      • If both TY and Smith, plus RYS come back, might be the first week we've had all of our starters..... kinda... (we're now missing Blackmon)
  • Titans
    • Starters - Questionable
      • WR/PR/KR Chester Rogers (groin, out last week)
      • LT Taylor Lewan (concussion protocol, out last week)
      • SS Amani Hooker (groin)
    • Depth - Questionable
      • LT2/RT2 Kendall Lamm (injured ankle while subbing for Lewan)
      • RILB Monty Rice (groin)
    • Comments 
      • Biggest story is that TN was down to their 3rd string LT last week. I would guess Lewan should clear concussion protocol this week.
      • They've lost some CBs due to injury. Fulton went on IR after W5, and Farley after W6. Jenkins is still there, with Molden getting increased snaps and Mabin inserted. 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

I wonder if Pryor could play LT. That could really save us money next season. 

I know the Eagles experimented with him at LT last year when Dillard was put on IR, sounds like it didn't go well. Although they also thought he was more of a RG vs Tackle.

Side note how good has that trade been for the Colts swapping a 6th for a 7th rounder and getting a guy who can start at RT.

Just now, Zoltan said:

I know the Eagles experimented with him at LT last year when Dillard was put on IR, sounds like it didn't go well. Although they also thought he was more of a RG vs Tackle.

Side note how good has that trade been for the Colts swapping a 6th for a 7th rounder and getting a guy who can start at RT.

fisher had his best game against bosa no sacks .  fisher has been getting slightly better every week and he will continue to as he gets healthier .

Just now, coming on strong said:

fisher had his best game against bosa no sacks .  fisher has been getting slightly better every week and he will continue to as he gets healthier .

Oh I firmly believe Fisher is going to continue to get better throughout the season and even though some are gonna hate this we will probably resign him this offseason.

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

I was talking more about next season. If Pryor could play LT saves  money on Fisher. But it does seem Pryor is more suited for RT. Not sure he is a good enough athlete for LT. But that is just my guess since we haven’t seen him play.

6 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

I think Julio's week will likely be DNP-LP-FP. He's been dealing with the hamstring, but I expect him to be ready.

Rogers, like him, but I think Reynolds would sub in just fine for him. His loss at PR/KR is probably bigger than his loss at slot WR (assuming Julio plays). If Julio doesn't play, losing Roger would hurt more.

Hooker not being able to go would be huge.

Aside from Hooker, their LT situation could become a big issue. Lewan is still going through concussion protocol, but FP is likely an indicator that things are getting better. Lamm is their swing T, and his FP (ankle) is also trending well. Hart, who came in for Lamm last week played OK, or actually good for a PS/3rd string guy. If somehow Lewan doesn't go, could be interesting. 

7 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

I was talking more about next season. If Pryor could play LT saves  money on Fisher. But it does seem Pryor is more suited for RT. Not sure he is a good enough athlete for LT. But that is just my guess since we haven’t seen him play.

szn, why do you keep suggesting we flip flop lineman on opposite sides? we agree on most things but I'm not sure if you are aware how hard it is to do that. we were absolutely spoiled with Reitz, and then we let Haeg walk. We don't have a swing tackle right now. They really are not all that common, especially one that can play at a level that would justify letting fish walk to do it. Fish will keep getting better too unless he suffers an injury. All data supports this thought, people scale up over time when returning to form, even if it isn't ever back to 100%. You gotta think he came back pretty early ya know? 

1 minute ago, AustinnKaine said:

szn, why do you keep suggesting we flip flop lineman on opposite sides? we agree on most things but I'm not sure if you are aware how hard it is to do that. we were absolutely spoiled with Reitz, and then we let Haeg walk. We don't have a swing tackle right now. They really are not all that common, especially one that can play at a level that would justify letting fish walk to do it. Fish will keep getting better too unless he suffers an injury. All data supports this thought, people scale up over time when returning to form, even if it isn't ever back to 100%. You gotta think he came back pretty early ya know? 

I am not saying he would be good at it. Just wondering if he could. I realize it isn’t easy. Just thinking of if it did work that saves some money. Like I said in the post I don’t think he is athletic and quick enough for the left side. Fisher will probably be back. He did ok against bosa and seems to be getting a little better each time.

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I am not saying he would be good at it. Just wondering if he could. I realize it isn’t easy. Just thinking of if it did work that saves some money. Like I said in the post I don’t think he is athletic and quick enough for the left side. Fisher will probably be back. He did ok against bosa and seems to be getting a little better each time.

this is what I'll say, if Smith comes back and stays healthy I wouldn't mind them trying. Pryor has been pretty impressive imo.  But I really don't like it, unless he is going to remain a swing tackle and continue to get snaps on both sides ya know? I just think we should get a decent young LT later in  this draft that be a solid guy to come in when needed. Kinda like pinter. 

edited: to clarify

also doesn't fries have experience moving around on the line? maybe he is the guy they are devloping for what we are talking about. 

2 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

this is what I'll say, if Smith comes back and stays healthy I wouldn't mind them trying. Pryor has been pretty impressive imo.  But I really don't like it, unless he is going to remain a swing tackle and continue to get snaps on both sides ya know? I just think we should get a decent young LT later in  this draft that be a solid guy to come in when needed. Kinda like pinter. 

also doesn't fries have experiencing moving around on the line? maybe he is the guy they are devloping for what we are talking about. 

I think if the colts want depth ideally you bring back Fisher and Pryor is your swing tackle.  I so think ifs important to know if Pryor can play the left side because you never know if Fisher would go down for a extended period of time. You don’t want to find that out when it’s  to late.  But we probably won’t find that out this season if Fisher stays healthy.

I think TY will play in this one, he knows this is for the season. We are about to teach Tennessee how to play Indy style of football. We got this. The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)- best avatar ever except the one @EastStreethad with him in a Colts jersey. As Aaron said relax, Wentz has got this, here comes his signature win, then we will steamroll the Jets and Jags after that.

19 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

also doesn't fries have experience moving around on the line? maybe he is the guy they are devloping for what we are talking about. 

I think personally that Fisher was rushed back too soon. Not sure he'll get a lot better either. He'll have his hands full this weekend if they move Landry outside of him. I know folks have said he'd doing well run blocking, but honestly can't give him huge credit. He's helped a lot, and has been helped a lot (TEs, Pinter, etc). Also, many have said he was a bit overrated in the first place.

That said, if he continues to struggle, there's just no reason not to try and shuffle the deck a bit and try some other folks out, or at least rotate. Not sure if this week is good timing if Smith is coming back. If anything, I'd let Smith return to RT and try Pryor out at LT for a few reps. I'd prefer Smith's 1st game back at least be focused on what he's used too. If he does well in his first game back at RT, then maybe switch things up. but you'd also have some evidence at what Pryor might be capable of. 

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think TY will play in this one, he knows this is for the season. We are about to teach Tennessee how to play Indy style of football. We got this. The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)- best avatar ever except the one @EastStreethad with him in a Colts jersey. As Aaron said relax, Wentz has got this, here comes his signature win, then we will steamroll the Jets and Jags after that.

If TY is LP tomorrow, that will be a great sign. If he's DNP, IDK.... 

He doesn't need to practice, but you have to think he can LP if he's close.

If he's back though, I like his chances of having a good game. Need him healthy big time, and this is a big time game.

If he's not back, I really hope Coutee is getting a ton of reps with Wentz.

23 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If you have any special requests (avatar wise), let me know. I'll be funnin' around later this week for a buddy again.

37 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I think personally that Fisher was rushed back too soon. Not sure he'll get a lot better either. He'll have his hands full this weekend if they move Landry outside of him. I know folks have said he'd doing well run blocking, but honestly can't give him huge credit. He's helped a lot, and has been helped a lot (TEs, Pinter, etc). Also, many have said he was a bit overrated in the first place.

That said, if he continues to struggle, there's just no reason not to try and shuffle the deck a bit and try some other folks out, or at least rotate. Not sure if this week is good timing if Smith is coming back. If anything, I'd let Smith return to RT and try Pryor out at LT for a few reps. I'd prefer Smith's 1st game back at least be focused on what he's used too. If he does well in his first game back at RT, then maybe switch things up. but you'd also have some evidence at what Pryor might be capable of. 

you think fish is doing that bad that you wanna let pryor get game snaps? 

13 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

you think fish is doing that bad that you wanna let pryor get game snaps? 

He has been very bad in pass pro every game, including last week. Plenty of vids/tweets out there of him getting boat raced and just beat. I'd absolutely let Pryor get some reps, especially if we're at a point we need to pass. Pryor has done very well since stepping in. No sacks, and good grades, and has went against some decent comp.

And before last week, his grade was 6th best at T in the league. Not sure where it is now, but that's pretty darn good. And if you want him to be your swing guy down the road, you need to know he can play LT if needed. And I just can't see him doing much worse in pass pro. If he's not good, you can always pull him and stop the experiment. It's not like an all or nothing move.

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

If you have any special requests (avatar wise), let me know. I'll be funnin' around later this week for a buddy again.

Homer in a Leonard jersey would be the funniest thing ever. I know I am nerd when it comes to crap like this haha . I am glad you a part of this site, guys like you and @NewColtsFan and @Wentzszn keep things flowing like a well oiled machine. I am grateful for people like @jvan1973 and @Gramz too, when I was new they treated me like a vet in here. I am not going to name everyone but there are least 20 other people in here that are awesome. I hope @Jared CisnerosBraves win the WS, it is 1-1 right now. Best of 5 now. @NFLfan has been a great friend and great person go captain Kirk Captain Kirk Sigh GIF by Star Trek, @HOZERwas my side kick on the baseball thread doing play by play when the Cubs were bad butts,@Jay Kirk - thanks for the baseball threads and @Mylesand @PrincetonTigerwith all of his Gifs lmao . I need to stop because I am sounding like Magic with his dream team speech haha . @Mel Kiper's Hairfor having that fine hair time and time again talking about the ladies lol. @PuntersArePeopleToofor being the young gun that knows his stuff.

Last but not least @Nadine and @Superman and @RockThatBlueholding the fort down in here. One more thing @Gavinwe all miss you brother, you loved the Colts, Pacers, and Hakeem Olajuwon with that great D and foot work. 

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Homer in a Leonard jersey would be the funniest thing ever. I know I am nerd when it comes to crap like this haha . I am glad you a part of this site, guys like you and @NewColtsFan and @Wentzszn keep things flowing like a well oiled machine. I am grateful for people like @jvan1973 and @Gramz too, when I was new they treated me like a vet in here. I am not going to name everyone but there are least 20 other people in here that are awesome. I hope @Jared CisnerosBraves win the WS, it is 1-1 right now. Best of 5 now. @NFLfan has been a great friend and great person go captain Kirk Captain Kirk Sigh GIF by Star Trek, @HOZERwas my side kick on the baseball thread doing play by play when the Cubs were bad butts,@Jay Kirk - thanks for the baseball threads and @Mylesand @PrincetonTigerwith all of his Gifs lmao . I need to stop because I am sounding like Magic with his dream team speech haha . @Mel Kiper's Hairfor having that fine hair time and time again talking about the ladies lol. @PuntersArePeopleToofor being the young gun that knows his stuff.

Last but not least @Nadine and @Superman and @RockThatBlueholding the fort down in here. One more thing @Gavinwe all miss you brother, you loved the Colts, Pacers, and Hakeem Olajuwon with that great D and foot work. 

Wow that was nice salute to a lot of folks. You're a good dude, dude.... 

I was already working on something for a bud, and made some quick changes for you. Mostly making it kid friendly lol... 

PS @2006Coltsbestever click on the image to make it bigger... 

Sorry if I missed something mods, didn't intend to be NSFW...

5s4ifc.jpg

In case you don't know.... I'm a huge Leonard fan. He's my fav on D along with KP. I criticize when warranted though just like I do with Q.

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

I was already working on something for a bud, and made some quick changes for you. Mostly making it kid friendly lol... 

5s4ifc.jpg

In case you don't know.... I'm a huge Leonard fan. He's my fav on D along with KP. I criticize when warranted though just like I do with Q.

Digging the Irsay tattoo. :rock:

10 hours ago, EastStreet said:

@throwing BBZ wazzup ?

4 hours ago, EastStreet said:

5s4ifc.jpg

Thanks @EastStreet, that is so funny. The tattoos are hilarious. The big guy has a Leonard jersey on. This game coming up is for the season IMO. As far as my post above, sometimes it has be done telling people how you appreciate them, the world doesn't do that enough. I left out several other people I like in here too but didn't want my post to be a mile long lmao 

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Thanks @EastStreet, that is so funny. The tattoos are hilarious. The big guy has a Leonard jersey on. This game coming up is for the season IMO. As far as my post above, sometimes it has be done telling people how you appreciate them, the world doesn't do that enough. I left out several other people I like in here too but didn't want my post to be a mile long lmao 

It was a mile long lol... 

But I also called out you, for being a 

DUDE,

DUDE... lol.

Hope you enjoyed the peanut punch part. I tried to pixel out the NSFW stuff. My buddy and you (and I) are huge Leonard fans. I made him a huge Maniac banner last year. Covid year, but that's OK. Hoping we'll get back to our normal tailgating thing next year. If I had to pick 3 Colts players to go island fishing with, Leonard, Q, and Wentz. Leonard though would be my first. I'd give him my Abel or Ross. Q might dance too much to Cardib.....

Archived