Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Ravens Prediction

danlhart87

Well, I am 4-0 so far this year in predictions so I'll try to go 5-0. I remember back to last years game against the ravens when we outgained them by 200 yards but managed to lose by 2 touchdowns because we could not contain the young dynamic,uber athletic, dominant qb Lamar Jackson at critical and crucial moments in the game. So I have to predict more of the same this year also. A ravens win, though in reality the Colts probably are 10-14 points better.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, RollerColt said:

The individual matchups are pretty scary here… 

MPJ, Pascal, Campbell and Dulin/Strachan

vs.

Humphrey, Peters, Smith and Young. 

Some of the best defensive backs we’ll see all year.

Carson will need to target his backs in space. And of course, run the damn ball!

Peters is out for the season

Something that has been fun listening to Wentz in pressers  is learning just how smart of a football IQ he has. He talks so much about schemes and stuff. Manning was always good at this. Luck was just not good at it  in pressers. Wentz is reminding of how rivers would talk so much about the game of football in pressers. I really like it.

7 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

This being a Monday night game this is a huge stage for Wentz to prove doubters wrong. To show he is back in front of the nation. 

If he plays well in this one and we get the win, it would be huge because the next game we play is Houston at home. We will most likely win that one, depending on injuries I give us an 80% chance of beating Houston. If we can get to 3-3 it is basically a new season with 11 to play.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If he plays well in this one and we get the win, it would be huge because the next game we play is Houston at home. We will most likely win that one, depending on injuries I give us an 80% chance of beating Houston. If we can get to 3-3 it is basically a new season with 11 to play.

If we get to 3-3, then we likely become AFCS favs, and will continue to get healthier and better. 2-4 we'd still be long shots for the playoffs.

22 hours ago, Chucklez said:

Haha, dude this aint just a bold prediction, this is outright madness. Wentz outrushes one of the greatest running QB's in NFL history at this point in his career, and on 2 gimpy ankles at that? 

Pass me some of what you are smoking sir, because it must be pretty dang strong!

Even though the Colts lost last year to the Ravens, the Colts had held them to just 18 yards, in the first half. Eighteen.

One key for me is contain. Houston and Autry were great at containing the bootleg (at least for a half). If Paye is healthy, he and Mohammad can be decent at containing Jackson. He’s going to get his yards but so are the Colts. (Baltimore has had issues tackling this year.)

If Leonard is not 100%, they might use Moore to “spy” Jackson. I like the Colts chances.

On 10/7/2021 at 9:25 AM, TimetobringDfence! said:

23-20 COLTS 

Paye returns and the DL sets an edge and contains LJ8. Colts secondary comes up huge with two INTs... 

Offense shocks everyone and plays better than last week. 

BOLD PREDICTION OF THE YEAR

Wentz out rushes Lamar on MNF.

I bet you could get a good betting line for Wentz outrushing Jackson. Sadly, it is not going to happen barring a freak injury.

23 minutes ago, philba101 said:

I bet you could get a good betting line for Wentz outrushing Jackson. Sadly, it is not going to happen barring a freak injury.

I was just watching some highlights from ravens eagles last year. Wentz had a couple nice runs but no way he out runs Jackson. Wentz got killed in that game and had WR dropping wide open TD passes and passes all over the field.  But he brought them back from like 30-14 deficit in the fourth and had a chance at the end only losing by 2. They missed the two point conversion to tie it.

15 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

We need another 2019 KC game on defense and for the offense to score TD not FG like in that game.

We blitzed like crazy in that game and actually hurt Mahomes. I don't think I had ever seen the Colts blitz that much in a game in all my years as a fan, and have not seen that since.

2 hours ago, philba101 said:

We blitzed like crazy in that game and actually hurt Mahomes. I don't think I had ever seen the Colts blitz that much in a game in all my years as a fan, and have not seen that since.

We blitz like crazy because the Chiefs were missing receivers 1-3 that game. I think we doubled Kelce too

Colts 27 Ravens 17. Ravens aren't the same team from last year. Matthew Judon signed with the Patriots. Marcus Peters is out for the year.  Villanueva is a step above Julien Davenport. I expect the Colts to perform well on Monday.

There will be hope. It’ll be like the Rams game. We’ll find a way to lose. Lamar will have his way with our defense notably in the 2nd half like in the past. Harbaugh is a great HC and our defense does poorly with 2nd half adjustments. I think we’ll come out of the first half better than most expect. 

27- 16 Ravens 

On 10/7/2021 at 7:25 AM, coltsfeva said:

Colts score go ahead touchdown with an 

“Ally-Oop” to Moe Alli-Cox with 6 seconds left. 
Colts 24

Ravens 17
   By the way, Jeffery Goreman coined the term Ally-Oop, as it pertains to the Colts

Love me some Goreman and Jake Query. Hope Query becomes KB's permanent side kick on the morning show. 

On 10/7/2021 at 9:55 AM, coming on strong said:

I disagree Lamar had a terrible game last time we played them 170 yards passing 0 touchdowns. We almost shut them out in the first half . Rivers and turnovers blew the game . 

Last year colts and this year is 2 different teams 

5 minutes ago, Freenyfan102 said:

Remember the saints game were they just kicked the heck out of us. Its going to be like that 

We had Curtis Painter at QB then lmao so no it isn't. I think we win this game as long as Wentz doesn't get injured during the game. We could've beat the Rams but Wentz got injured and Eason came in, Rams only beat us by 3 and they are arguably the best team in football.

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We had Curtis Painter at QB then lmao so no it isn't. I think we win this game as long as Wentz doesn't get injured during the game. We could've beat the Rams but Wentz got injured and Eason came in, Rams only beat us by 3 and they are arguably the best team in football.

It was Jacoby in 2019.

9 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Maybe he was but that 2019 game was so embarrasing. Brees had like 90% completion. I hope tonight isn’t another one of those. At least we have a better QB.

Brees had 1 incompletion that game and I think it was a dropped pass. 29-30 307 yards 4 TDs. Brees had the same number of incompletions as the Colts had touchdowns that game.

Archived