Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Ravens Prediction

danlhart87

Ravens are going to be trying to beat the rushing record for consecutive 100 yard games this week. Reich should take advantage of that and heavily defend the run, whether that's stuffing the RBs, or putting a spy on Lamar Jackson, take away their strength and what they want to do this week!

=====================================================================

As a Ravens fan, PLEASE put eight in the box and try to stop the run. Denver tried that, and look what happened. Wait until you see Lamar throw the ball. He's not the passer you saw even last year. You guys have a good running back, and that gives me a little pause. If Oweh and the defensive line get to Wentz, it could be a long night for the Colts.

The one thing I do agree with thing that someone posted on here: If the Colts get the lead and keep it for awhile it could change things a little. If the Ravens get the lead in the first half, that defense will tee off. That's what happened in Denver.

Injuries, penalties, and turnovers could always play a factor, but I just don't see it. In spite of having 15 players on injured reserve, the Ravens are hitting their stride. This will be the first home game since beating the Chiefs in a statement game, and I just don't see a letdown coming at the Bank of Monday night.

Ravens 34

Colts 14

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Raveon said:

=======================================================

The Lions came within two points because most of the Ravens defensive line was out with Covid. Those guys are back now. They played in Denver. Look at that score.

Well, it definitely comes off as whiny when ya start blaming injuries.  Sure took credit for beating up on Denver’s backup QB, though!  :)

1 hour ago, Archer said:

Well, it definitely comes off as whiny when ya start blaming injuries.  Sure took credit for beating up on Denver’s backup QB, though!  :)

It was 17-7 in Denver BEFORE Bridgewater got hurt. 

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Everyone but @EastStreetis taking the Ravens so I will go Colts 22-21, We score a TD as time expires and Frank goes for 2 giving us a heart attack but we get it.

Total hot take on my part. Blindfolded dart throw.

Both teams have better run Ds than pass Ds.

So I'm going to expect more passing overall than running (at least for us). 

And our defense isn't good, but it's likely better than Detroit, KC, and LVR. Our pass D is our weak spot, but even though Jackson is throwing more, passing isn't his strong suit. So hoping for a turnover or two.

1 hour ago, Raveon said:

It was 17-7 in Denver BEFORE Bridgewater got hurt. 

Just a reminder, if you're responding to another post, please use the quote button. That way the poster you're responding to is notified of your response and can continue the discussion. I edited your last post to include it.

3 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

I wonder was he benched because he was injured or was he benched because he fumbled the ball ?

If he wasn't injured, then it was pure stupidity.  At this point, he's a better runner than Mack.  There's no doubt he's a better receiver.

I did love the two back set with Hines and Taylor.  I wish they'd start every drive like that.  Then if the D is using big bodies to stop the run, go right into a no huddle so they can't substitute and use Hines as the 3rd WR.

14 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

If he wasn't injured, then it was pure stupidity.  At this point, he's a better runner than Mack.  There's no doubt he's a better receiver.

I did love the two back set with Hines and Taylor.  I wish they'd start every drive like that.  Then if the D is using big bodies to stop the run, go right into a no huddle so they can't substitute and use Hines as the 3rd WR.

At the point of the game though it was over. They just didn’t want Taylor or Hines injured.

10 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

At the point of the game though it was over. They just didn’t want Taylor or Hines injured.

Yeah, I'm guessing that's why they did it.  But it's pretty obvious he's still not 100%.  I would think they'd go with Wilkins and run the four minute offense.  Minor complaint.

6 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Yeah, I'm guessing that's why they did it.  But it's pretty obvious he's still not 100%.  I would think they'd go with Wilkins and run the four minute offense.  Minor complaint.

I’m surprised Wilkins isn’t the one complaining about touches. He’s healthy and isn’t coming off a serious injury like Mack. He has a better case to be mad IMO.

I was listening to Joel Ericksons podcast a little bit ago. He had some good points about Reich. Not saying I agree with them or disagree with them. He was talking about  how Reich has had to start over every year with a new QB. Has never had any stability. Hasn’t been able to start the season with what he left off with the previous year. Said it’s always in the back of his mind when he thinks of the slow starts under the Reich era. I think he has some valid points here.

4 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

I’m surprised Wilkins isn’t the one complaining about touches. He’s healthy and isn’t coming off a serious injury like Mack. He has a better case to be mad IMO.

I love Mack and I really do hope he gets back to form.  But the Dolphins were potentially still in the game when they put in Mack in the game.  If it weren't for the passes, the Dolphins get the ball back.

Again, it's a minor nit that worked out.  But let's face it, the Dolphins are a good team right now.  Well, maybe that's why they did it.  I'm the first to admit that Reich knows a lot more about the game and the teams potential than I do.

The individual matchups are pretty scary here… 

MPJ, Pascal, Campbell and Dulin/Strachan

vs.

Humphrey, Peters, Smith and Young. 

Some of the best defensive backs we’ll see all year.

Carson will need to target his backs in space. And of course, run the damn ball!

20 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

vs.

Carson will need to target his backs in space. And of course, run the damn ball!

Wentz did mention today having to use the RB more in this game.

Looking at yahoo fantasy stats which can give good insight on offensive and defensive matchups

Colts Offense

1. Wentz is facing the Baltimore defense which is ranked the 11th best defense in the league at this point
  2. Colts RB's are facing the 18th best run defense in the league
  3. Colts WR are facing the 6th best pass defense in the league

Baltimore Offense

1. Jackson is facing a Colts defense that is ranked 21st in DVOA so far in 2021
  2. Ravens RB's are facing a Colts run defense that ranks 5th in rush defense DVOA so far in 2021
  3. Ravens WRs are facing a Colts pass defense that ranks 26th in pass defense DVOA so far in 2021

So from the stats it looks like Wentz will have a hard time passing but the Ravens defense looks vulnerable against the run.

Ravens will have a hard time running against the Colts (5th ranked) but the Colts pass defense is really bad (Ranked 26th in the league).  Look for the Ravens to pass to win.

I never wager on the home team, but I believe it will be another tough, close game between the Ravens and the Colts. Both teams have tons of injuries , which make things hard to predict. 
I thought we would kill the Raiders , lose to KC, kill Detroit , and we should have lost that game, and expected a tight game with Denver. 
So far this year, I’m the “ Mush “ so I’m steering clear of a prediction and hoping for the best. 

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

vs.

Peters is out for the year with a knee injury. 

3 hours ago, Smonroe said:

I didn't think would use 2 back sets this year and it is exciting to see it happening!!  More please!

Archived