Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Revised season record prediction?

Patrick Miller

14 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Well unfortunately I don't see any major changes or any flip switching going on the rest of the season so I think we will be lucky to win five games. 5-12. What say you?

Wentz heals, big Q shakes it off, the OL and DL finally live up to their hype, Colts end up 14-3, number 1 seed in AFC and beat down Tom Brady and the Bucs in the Super Bowl, 62-7. 

This place is awesome sometimes after losses. I had a great time reading about all the people cliff jumping last night. This team is still going to win some games. I predict 10-7 barely missing a wildcard spot mainly because it seems we are injury ravaged this year. Come on people take a step back from the ledge lol its 3 games against very good teams.

4 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

This place is awesome sometimes after losses. I had a great time reading about all the people cliff jumping last night. This team is still going to win some games. I predict 10-7 barely missing a wildcard spot mainly because it seems we are injury ravaged this year. Come on people take a step back from the ledge lol its 3 games against very good teams.

Vegas sets the O/U on wins at 6.5 right now, so you could make some money if they win 10 games. The issue is the team is banged up and they have a late bye week. It’s also the main players that are injured. You can get by swapping 2’s and 3’s for practice squad players, but the way this roster is constructed, the guys they’re losing makes the roster very average at best, very quickly. Who knows if Wentz will ever be fully healthy and to be honest, I don’t have much confidence in the coaching on this team. There is maybe 5 games left they’ll be favored in. If Jake Eason has to start for a prolonged period of time, that number possibly becomes 2 or 3.

1 minute ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

Vegas sets the O/U on wins at 6.5 right now, so you could make some money if they win 10 games. The issue is the team is banged up and they have a late bye week. It’s also the main players that are injured. You can get by swapping 2’s and 3’s for practice squad players, but the way this roster is constructed, the guys they’re losing makes the roster very average at best, very quickly. Who knows if Wentz will ever be fully healthy and to be honest, I don’t have much confidence in the coaching on this team. There is maybe 5 games left they’ll be favored in. If Jake Eason has to start for a prolonged period of time, that number possibly becomes 2 or 3.

Jacob Eason wont be starting unless Frank gets fired or Hundley gets injured

7 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Jacob Eason wont be starting unless Frank gets fired or Hundley gets injured

If that’s the case, then going into the season with him and Ehlinger as backup QB’s behind Wentz is a catastrophic failure on Ballards part. I mean I still believe they mishandled the backup spot. But if Wentz gets hurt and Hundley becomes the next man up, good luck. 

1 minute ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

If that’s the case, then going into the season with him and Ehlinger as backup QB’s behind Wentz is a catastrophic failure on Ballards part. I mean I still believe they mishandled the backup spot. But if Wentz gets hurt and Hundley becomes the next man up, good luck. 

There is a bit of an unsourced rumor that Ballard and Frank are not exactly on the same page about Eason. I think whats very clear is Frank does not want Eason starting any football games. So unless his hand is forced I dont see it this year. 

31 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

This is a very poor excuse. If you can't beat any team who's better than you, then you're just a bad to average-at-best team. Plain and simple. After the Jets lost to the Broncos yesterday, Robert Saleh made a similar excuse to the media that he lost to three very good teams to excuse his 0-3 start, citing their defenses as a reason they lost (they faced the Panthers, Pats, and Broncos). Sounded horrible coming from a coach. I'd be utterly embarrassed (or even more so at Reich), if he used the "3 very good teams" excuse to justify why we lost. 

At least they are the Jets, we are the Colts with a much better roster and you are making that excuse. Stop it.

I'll revise my prediction to 8-9 though, and that's generous. At this point, the injuries are piling up, we are making certain players inactive we should play such as Mack and Strachan, and the players who are healthy aren't good enough to win consistently with. This year could be over in 1-2 weeks already. Maybe we beat the Dolphins, but I don't see us beating both the Dolphins and Ravens. That'll be a 1-4/0-5 start while the Titans face the winless Jets next week and coast to 3-1. Honestly, this year, we are probably more on the Texans and Jags level than the Titans.

44 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Let's go with what we KNOW, here, and not with our fanboy-feels...

The only thing missing from our Oline from last year is Anthony Castonzo. We got Eric Fischer to take his place and on a career level, I think Fischer is AC's equal. SO, when the Oline gets healthy (and starts gelling - hopefully soon) we could reasonably expect a top 10 unit. :thmup:

In week 3 Wentz several times had 4+ seconds to throw the ball and found no open targets. Wentz' play isn't going to change much even with an improved Oline, because the receivers are either incapable of getting open or Reich can't scheme them open. Even with our struggling passing offense Reich continues to call 30+ pass plays every game while either ignoring the run or using his fabled run up the middle trick - no one sees it coming, I promise. :goodluck:

Add to that when our RBs do get hot he STILL ignores them. How is this going to change? Our WR and RB problems have been problems for all of Reich tenure here.

We let our two top edge rushers walk during the off season and half our sack-production along with them. Instead we're relying on Turay, Lewis, Banogu, Muhammed and Paye to pick up their production. Turay, Lewis and Banogu are ALL underperformers and Muhammed is okay-ish, I guess. These first 3 games have shown we have ZERO pressure on opposing QBs - how is it we're magically going to change that? Keep relying on guys who again and again prove they don't have what it takes?

This lack of pressure feeds into our problems with the secondary. They give up big play after big play even with the defense supposedly designed to prevent it? How is that going to change? It was a problem last year against strong teams, why should it not continue this year, when nothing is being done to address the issues?

I haven't fully decided if it's bad players, bad coaching or a combination of both. Right now I feel like it's mostly coaching, I just don't believe Reich is capable of admitting this.

So, looking at our remaining schedule which games are we going to win/lose?

Dolphins - Up in the air right now in my opinion. If we don't see improvement from week 3 it's a loss.

Ravens - Loss

Texans, home - We have to win this or /riot

49'ers - Loss

Titans - Well, the Titans played down to our level in week 3, if they do so again we might win.

Jets - Win

Jags, home - Win

Bills - Loss

Buccaneers - Loss

@Texans - Win

Patriots - Loss

Cardinals - Loss

Raiders - Loss

@Jags - Loss, yes loss.

That's 6 wins for us if the 50/50 games goes our way. 6-11 season. I know a lot will disagree, but which of these games can you confidently say we're going to win, right now?

9 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Let's go with what we KNOW, here, and not with our fanboy-feels...

The only thing missing from our Oline from last year is Anthony Castonzo. We got Eric Fischer to take his place and on a career level, I think Fischer is AC's equal. SO, when the Oline gets healthy (and starts gelling - hopefully soon) we could reasonably expect a top 10 unit. :thmup:

In week 3 Wentz several times had 4+ seconds to throw the ball and found no open targets. Wentz' play isn't going to change much even with an improved Oline, because the receivers are either incapable of getting open or Reich can't scheme them open. Even with our struggling passing offense Reich continues to call 30+ pass plays every game while either ignoring the run or using his fabled run up the middle trick - no one sees it coming, I promise. :goodluck:

Add to that when our RBs do get hot he STILL ignores them. How is this going to change? Our WR and RB problems have been problems for all of Reich tenure here.

We let our two top edge rushers walk during the off season and half our sack-production along with them. Instead we're relying on Turay, Lewis, Banogu, Muhammed and Paye to pick up their production. Turay, Lewis and Banogu are ALL underperformers and Muhammed is okay-ish, I guess. These first 3 games have shown we have ZERO pressure on opposing QBs - how is it we're magically going to change that? Keep relying on guys who again and again prove they don't have what it takes?

This lack of pressure feeds into our problems with the secondary. They give up big play after big play even with the defense supposedly designed to prevent it? How is that going to change? It was a problem last year against strong teams, why should it not continue this year, when nothing is being done to address the issues?

I haven't fully decided if it's bad players, bad coaching or a combination of both. Right now I feel like it's mostly coaching, I just don't believe Reich is capable of admitting this.

So, looking at our remaining schedule which games are we going to win/lose?

Dolphins - Up in the air right now in my opinion. If we don't see improvement from week 3 it's a loss.

Ravens - Loss

Texans, home - We have to win this or /riot

49'ers - Loss

Titans - Well, the Titans played down to our level in week 3, if they do so again we might win.

Jets - Win

Jags, home - Win

Bills - Loss

Buccaneers - Loss

@Texans - Win

Patriots - Loss

Cardinals - Loss

Raiders - Loss

@Jags - Loss, yes loss.

That's 6 wins for us if the 50/50 games goes our way. 6-11 season. I know a lot will disagree, but which of these games can you confidently say we're going to win, right now?

Thats a heck of a large post about stuff you think and feel after leading off with "Lets go with what we know, not fanboy feels"

42 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Pretty sure I initially said, 9-8 and no playoffs.

Now I’d say 5-12. 

Peyton said on a whim the Raiders will go 6-11 and admits he has lost his touch with gambling on MNF while talking with Pat McAfee. I am going with that Raiders record Peyton predicted.

13 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Thats a heck of a large post about stuff you think and feel after leading off with "Lets go with what we know, not fanboy feels"

Actually it builds off the current situation.

• Our Oline hasn't lost anything compared to last year and should step up soon-ish.
  • Our WRs aren't producing anything above average, like last year.
  • Our RBs (and best playmaker, Hines) get ignored.
  • Our DEs haven't proven anything for 2-3 years and continue not to.
  • Our secondary doesn't do what's it's designed to do, like last year.

What is your projection based on other than hopes, dreams and fairytales?

Just now, Solid84 said:

Actually it builds off the current situation.

• Our Oline hasn't lost anything compared to last year and should step up soon-ish.
  • Our WRs aren't producing anything above average, like last year.
  • Our RBs (and best playmaker, Hines) get ignored.
  • Our DEs haven't proven anything for 2-3 years and continue not to.
  • Our secondary doesn't do what's it's designed to do.

What is your projection based on other than hopes, dreams and fairytales?

- We are ravaged with injury, those players can heal. 

-Our Oline has been absolute crap not allowing Wentz to do * the first two games. Then obviously he was injured at the Titans. This as you stated can improve, and improve the offense drastically if they return to form.

-Hines had 11 touches yesterday for 80 yards and a TD. I admit Franks playcalling has been bad but he can learn and get better

-This team as a whole can learn and improve from adversity and get better as the season progresses, its not always doom and gloom,

-The 3 teams we lost to are very good teams, im willing to wager the Titans and Rams are for sure playoff bound. The Seahawks might be as well, the toughest division in football might be their undoing. 

-It doesnt hurt to be optimistic theres definitely 10 games we could win, 2 vs Jags, 2 vs Texans, Jets, Raiders, Patriots. Thats 7

1 minute ago, Nesjan3 said:

- We are ravaged with injury, those players can heal. 

-Our Oline has been absolute crap not allowing Wentz to do * the first two games. Then obviously he was injured at the Titans. This as you stated can improve, and improve the offense drastically if they return to form.

-Hines had 11 touches yesterday for 80 yards and a TD. I admit Franks playcalling has been bad but he can learn and get better

-This team as a whole can learn and improve from adversity and get better as the season progresses, its not always doom and gloom,

-The 3 teams we lost to are very good teams, im willing to wager the Titans and Rams are for sure playoff bound. The Seahawks might be as well, the toughest division in football might be their undoing. 

-It doesnt hurt to be optimistic theres definitely 10 games we could win, 2 vs Jags, 2 vs Texans, Jets, Raiders, Patriots. Thats 7

• Braden Smith is injured and is needed back badly if we want the Oline to improve. Wentz has played okay to good in week 1 and 2 with next to no back-up from anyone on the team. But here's the thing, we had several plays against the Titans were he had plenty of time but no one was open. A healthy Oline and Wentz isn't magically going to get WRs open and Reich's coaching has historically not been able to change that, so why now? Getting Kwity back and Leonard fit again is going to help the defense, but Kwity hasn't put it together yet through 2½ games and all of a sudden he has to cover for both Autry and Houston - how?
  • This is what our entire season hangs on. Our Oline were elite last year but that didn't magically make our WRs or TEs produce anything above average. Nothing has changed in that matter compared to last year and Reich has, again, historically proven unable to change anything about it.
  • Hines is our best playmaker, but because Reich insists on this "running back by commity" crap our guys get switched out even if they are having a good day. Add to that Reich seemingly completely forgets about the run game from time to time other than to run Hines up the middle. Why would he change that now?
  • Definitely not. I agree. But the fans, media and even the team itself has been having high expectations for some time now, yet they never come out guns blazing ready to go. They beat up on bad teams but rarely step up and show they wanna be one of the big boys.
  • Yes they are. But did we not expect to get to the playoffs this year? Is it not reasonable to expect we at least win some of these games? If we wanna be the best we have to beat the best.
  • No it doesn't when it based on something realistic. I mean, the Jets could feel optimistic and believe they will win the Super Bowl, but do you think anyone but a Jets fanboy would really believe that?

6 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

I'll just watch and have a good time regardless. 

I watch every game and cheer for our guys every week. Doesn't mean I have to sit back and tell everyone "it's not so bad", because these last 3 games have been terrible to watch.

Kind of tough to predict pending on health.  If Brett or Eason play probably 3 wins max lol.  If the team gets healthy they can still maybe win 8 but that won't be good enough.  I imagine even bad defenses salivate at the though of playing the Colts offense with a banged up OL, QB, and mediocre WR core.  Just stack the box and stop Taylor.  Frank will take him out when he's doing well anyways.   

I really thought both IU and the Colts were going to be formidable opponents this year.  Still early but there's not really many positive signs. 

Super Troopers Oops GIF by Searchlight Pictures

50 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Not directly no. But if you post anything criticizing the Colts several people will come along poo pooing you without giving any substantiated reason why you shouldn't. 

That’s changing. Some of the “Usual Suspects” are either MIA or starting to realize the Colts are just not that good across the board as a team. It is what it is. 

Seahawks (1-2) L

Rams (3-0) L

at Titans (2-1) L

at Dolphins (1-2) W or else!

at Ravens (2-1) L Monday Night

Texans (1-2) W

at 49'ers (2-1) L

Titans (2-1) W improbable but could

Jets (0-3) W

Jaguars (0-3) W and a 5-5 record at the mid-point

at Bills (2-1) L

Bucs (2-1) L

at Texans (1-2) W

BYE

Patriots (1-2) W

at Cardinals (3-0) L

Raiders (3-0) L

at Jaguars (0-3) W

8-9 Record and miss the playoffs

(Prediction:  if we finish with 5 wins or less, there's gonna be some housecleaning, and not just of assistants.  Things being as they are, there's probably going to be some changes within the assistants anyway.)

2 hours ago, Solid84 said:

Not directly no. But if you post anything criticizing the Colts several people will come along poo pooing you without giving any substantiated reason why you shouldn't. 

I get it....but It seems like it's more those who are non stop criticizing. It sometimes comes across as negativity vomiting. Especially when it's those who don't come around until stuff goes bad, and then they do their thing. 

5 hours ago, csmopar said:

Yep yep. Then all bandwagoners would be required to have as their profile picture a Scarlet Letter of sorts

Some say 0-3... I say 3-0. (gotta take injuries into account this year bro) What is math really? Just numbers.

Change of subject.... I just bought my Paris Campbell jersey... I plan on wearing it to the superbowl this year.... Which of course the colts will be playing in. 

Archived