zibby43

I'll add....

Current NFL Ranks

Passer Rating allowed - 32nd, dead last at 152.3

Completion Rate allowed - 32nd, dead last at 78.3

Passing AVG allowed - 30th at 11.0

Rushing AVG allowed - 29th at 5.2

Defense Efficiency - 29th

Note - one game, two teams are not included. Assuming neither will beat our bad.

stinky poo poo defense

2 minutes ago, open window said:

Fortunately, it’s just one game against a great QB and a great set of receivers.

I agree, but this was supposed to be a great defense that carried over the vast majority of its personnel.  

Great defenses would ideally keep a very good QB from a career day in week 1.  

We're good with these type records unfortunately over the years.

Off the top of my head I remember Brees, Brandon Marshall and Maurice Jones Drew, and some scrub RB on the Texans years ago having career days on us.

Granted we were talking QB's, but we've seen over the years when the Colts are bad, they can be REALLY bad... Lol

7 hours ago, zibby43 said:

I agree, but this was supposed to be a great defense that carried over the vast majority of its personnel.  

Great defenses would ideally keep a very good QB from a career day in week 1.  

I don't know if that is true.  I don't know if I have heard people say this was supposed to be a great defense.  Lots of question marks for edge rushers and many folks disagreed with not keeping Houston or Autry (or both).  I have also heard grumblings about the linebackers and of course the thin secondary.  

Now there has been some excitement out the potential of the defense, but when you are starting a rookie and are counting on him being your best edge rusher I think most would expect some time before the defense is great.

That doesn't mean they weren't bad overall.  But did you think this was supposed to be a great defense?

1 hour ago, lollygagger8 said:

I do think the Seahawks are better than anticipated, but the Colts are worse than anticipated. 

Hope they get it turned around sooner than later. 

The Seahawks won a playoff game last year, after finishing 12-4 in that killer division (which they won), they have a super coach and a HoF QB still in his prime. They're exactly as anticipated.

The Colts however were worse than they'll be at any time this season. When you have the injury-filled offseason we had, the players missing practice because of fears of the needle, and a new QB suffering minor trauma from 2020, you're going to get a crappy product.

That game unfolded exactly as it should have.

Now, we have to brace our minds for Los Angeles, that may be a worse beating even if we 'play better'. I don't think they're going to hold the brakes when they're up multiple scores, like Seattle did. We're going to have to eat that beating then come out smoking in week 3.

10 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I'll add....

Current NFL Ranks

Passer Rating allowed - 32nd, dead last at 152.3

Completion Rate allowed - 32nd, dead last at 78.3

Passing AVG allowed - 30th at 11.0

Rushing AVG allowed - 29th at 5.2

Defense Efficiency - 29th

Note - one game, two teams are not included. Assuming neither will beat our bad.

stinky poo poo defense

Stinky poo poo....LOL

Given that they made Garden Minshew look like Russel Wilson in week one last year- we're just going to have to be patient and see what happens. I can look at the schedule and get pretty concerned that this season is going to be a total wash (as of now, the Colts can be predicted to beat the Jags and Texans!), but they have to play this thing out, and injuries are going to change this landscape as we go.

Yep, there have been lots of mediocre and downright bad qb's we have made look like probowlers over the last 30 years or more this is nothing. This is history repeating itself over and over and over. The real problem is WHY? Remember when we lost to the jets in Darnolds rookie season. One of the most pathetic displays of defensive strategy in the history of the nfl. Then last year we tried it again against rookie Burrow of the Bengals and we needed a miracle interception to save the game. These are not the same coaches over these past 30 years, it's different coaching staffs employing the same useless vanilla strategy at critical moments in a game, yielding the same results. In the past 48 seasons we have played good pass defense 4 times,87,95,05,and maybe you can count18. That's it folks. Many gm's and coaches have employed over these past 48 years and none of them have been very successful finding players or schemes that work. I don't know why!!!

13 hours ago, Numba1Colt said:

is blackmon going to turn into bob sanders near the end of the season?

who takes the place of freeney and mathis? 

answers 

As good as Bob was, he missed a lot of games.

I could see Blackman missing less time in his career and being as productive, when he’s in there.

As far as Freeney and Mathis; those are pretty big shoes to fill. But getting Turay and Dayo back could make a difference.

The point is, the same players (less Sanders) gave up those yards. The tendency of fans is to get rid of the players, based on a single performance instead of getting them to just play better.

Archived