Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll - QB Preference (now that PR has officially retired) (merge)

EastStreet

Poll - QB Preference  

208 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current choice for QB

• Roll with Eason
    • Roll with JB
    • Unlock the Swag
    • Sign FA Fitzmagic
    • Sign FA Winston
    • Sign FA Trubisky
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Lance
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Wilson
    • Draft Mack with our 21st pic
    • Trade our 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up earlier in the 2nd to draft Trask
    • Use our 2nd round pick to draft Newman
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Stafford
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Carr
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Wentz
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Darnold
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Tua
    • Mortgage the future biggly, and trade our next three first round picks and next two to three 2nd round picks to get Watson.
    • Other - please list
  2. 2. Would you have preferred Rivers stayed one more year?

3. 3. How much faith and confidence do you have in Ballard to make the right call on QB?

• Blind faith, I have a picture of him in my house that I worship daily
    • Pretty confident
    • Not sure right now
    • Not a lot, but hoping for the best
    • Zero confidence

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2021 at 02:03 AM

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Pelt said:

Yeah, if that Josh Wilson tweet is to be trusted at all, I'm not down with the 'Matthew Stafford package' for Wentz.

That's a hard pass...

Not here. That’s a hang up, throw the phone into the White River, change your name and disappear type of pass

Just now, danlhart87 said:

This is gonna lead to this 

BREAKING NEWS

Wentz traded to Bears for 3 1s 

God I would die laughing 

Just now, danlhart87 said:

This is gonna lead to this 

BREAKING NEWS

Wentz traded to Bears for 3 1s 

3 1s and Mack!

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Not here. That’s a hang up, throw the phone into the White River, change your name and disappear type of pass

God I would die laughing 

3 1s and Mack!

Wow, I just said "hard pass". You went there with the White River level pass! lmao

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Ballard very well might not be willing to give up a lot because he really does like Eason. His backup plan might be bringing in a vet to compete with Eason. Or bringing Jacoby back and having them fight it out. 

I would be ok with Mitch Trubisky 

Just now, luv_pony_express said:

At least Stafford ended the season starting for the Lions.

If any team gives up 2 firsts for a benched QB who was rated 31st in the league last year, they deserve whatever mess their future becomes.

They drove the price up like crazy. Raiders will want like 3 1s and Texans 5

8 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

They drove the price up like crazy. Raiders will want like 3 1s and Texans 5

Yeah Ballard is in a hard place. 

Fans want him to sign an all pro QB or give up some serious draft capital for a QB. 

He can't win over everyone because of the split in opinions.

No matter what happens this forum is going to be on fire. 

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Colt fans need to realize if we don’t get Wentz we are basically down to nothing. 

I thought you've posted about being fine with letting Eason roll?

So of that is the case, what's the problem? We keep draft capital, able to add additional help elsewhere and get an evaluation of Eason.

Kill 3 birds with 1 stone

1 hour ago, Smoke317 said:

I heard some NFL evaluator say that Darnold may not be ready to just plug in and start.  He’s been one of the worst QB’s in the league every year since he’s been drafted.  Remember he was seeing ghosts???  Said it may be better to get him and let him sit and work on his game for a little while.  Rebuild up his mechanics and confidence. Just throwing him out there could be the final nail in his 1st round bust coffin if the struggles early in a new system.  

to be fair, Im pretty sure Manning saw ghost while playing the Patriots at times to.

He might not of used those terms but more like seems like they had 12 guys out there.

41 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Maybe.  At least Trask is the biggest body guy of the QBs.  Gordon was a short stick-man.

I was more comparing hype vs tangibles, I remember some people in the forum saying we had to take Gordon early in the second round and that he was a sure fit....

Then he went undrafted

1 minute ago, w87r said:

I though you've poster about being fine with letting Eason roll?

So of that is the case, what's the problem? We keep draft capital, able to add additional help elsewhere and get an evaluation of Eason.

to be fair, Im pretty sure Manning saw ghost while playing the Patriots at times to.

He might not of used those terms but more like seems like they had 12 guys out there.

comedy central agree GIF by Broad City

1 minute ago, w87r said:

No doubt.  A ghost named Ty Law that that held the heck out of his receivers.  But Peyton never admitted that he saw the ghosts.  It’s the admission that’s hurtful to a QB’s reputation.  Makes people think you’re crazy. :lol:

5 minutes ago, w87r said:

Yep. I meant trade or FA wise. It would be kind of exciting seeing Eason play.

If it gets down to it, basing my opinion on the lackluster free agent QBs and very costly trade possibilities, I'd rather re-sign Brissett for something more reasonable and have a battle with Eason while continuing with the strengthening/fortifying of the rest of the roster through the draft and possibly free-agency.

(Just thinking out loud here) Now having said that, I know how hard it would be with free-agency given the current QB situation. The first motivator for them is money, but they also want to produce and win for future contract considerations. What receiver would want to come to Indy if they don't have the QB to help them produce those type of contract beneficial numbers? 

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Do the Bears not have all 7 draft picks this year.

The only thing I know about that guy is that he is followed by one of my local News Anchors who got his start in sports

1 minute ago, Pelt said:

If it gets down to it, basing my opinion on the lackluster free agent QBs and very costly trade possibilities, I'd rather re-sign Brissett for something more reasonable and have a battle with Eason while continuing with the strengthening/fortifying of the rest of the roster through the draft and possibly free-agency.

(Just thinking out loud here) Now having said that, I know how hard it would be with free-agency given the current QB situation. The first motivator for them is money, but they also want to produce and win for future contract considerations. What receiver would want to come to Indy if they don't have the QB to help them produce those type of contract beneficial numbers? 

That is the way I feel

I wish we knew who the team it was where the coach/staff member noticed Eason throwing before a game and asked who he was?  Did we have any joint practices this year or would it have had to been an opponent from the season?  I wonder if Eason could be part of a package in a potential trade up?

1 minute ago, Smoke317 said:

I wish we knew who the team it was where the coach noticed Eason throwing before a game and asked who he was?  Did we have any joint practices this year or would it have had to been an opponent from the season?  I wonder if Eason could be part of a package in a potential trade up?

It was a game. We didn’t have any joint practices. But yes your right he could be involved.  

8 minutes ago, Pelt said:

This is my thought as well. Maybe Ballard liked Eason that much that is why he isn’t willing to give up more in a tradd.

29 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Ballard very well might not be willing to give up a lot because he really does like Eason. His backup plan might be bringing in a vet to compete with Eason. Or bringing Jacoby back and having them fight it out. 

So basically, everything everyone else on here has already said ? That and considering all of our options, all three of those are probably likely. 

Archived