Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll - QB Preference (now that PR has officially retired) (merge)

EastStreet

Poll - QB Preference  

208 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current choice for QB

• Roll with Eason
    • Roll with JB
    • Unlock the Swag
    • Sign FA Fitzmagic
    • Sign FA Winston
    • Sign FA Trubisky
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Lance
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Wilson
    • Draft Mack with our 21st pic
    • Trade our 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up earlier in the 2nd to draft Trask
    • Use our 2nd round pick to draft Newman
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Stafford
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Carr
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Wentz
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Darnold
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Tua
    • Mortgage the future biggly, and trade our next three first round picks and next two to three 2nd round picks to get Watson.
    • Other - please list
  2. 2. Would you have preferred Rivers stayed one more year?

3. 3. How much faith and confidence do you have in Ballard to make the right call on QB?

• Blind faith, I have a picture of him in my house that I worship daily
    • Pretty confident
    • Not sure right now
    • Not a lot, but hoping for the best
    • Zero confidence

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2021 at 02:03 AM

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Some of you would rather have mediocre in someone like fitz or jimmy G then the high upside of Wentz. I don’t get it. The truth is we aren’t going to be able to get hifh enough most likely in the draft to our bid teams. So that is kind of a fantasy. If we don’t get Wentz it’s looking more and more like this will be Eason and someone brought in to compete with. We are kind of running out of options.

BTW i don't want either of the above 

The only FA I'm ok with 1 year is Trubisky 

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like someone mentioned yesterday with Darnold. Ballard mentioned how they can go back and read their scouting reports. If they go back and he has a positive one from the colts in 2018 it’s a possibility but he should only be brought in to compete with Eason.

Darnold is already an NFL starter.  Ballard is not sure Eason is even a backup.  They can compete but it will take a miracle for Eason to take the job.  Especially after we trade for Darnold.

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

Darnold is already an NFL starter.  Ballard is not sure Eason is even a backup.  They can compete but it will take a miracle for Eason to take the job.  Especially after we trade for Darnold.

I would be fine with this next year 

QB1 Darnold 

QB2 Eason

Just now, danlhart87 said:

I would be fine with this next year 

QB1 Darnold 

QB2 Eason

Me too.  And Ballard said our window is "cracking".  What better way to open it than with a 23 yr. old Darnold who finally receives good coaching and lands on a team with a young and strong roster.  

8 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

DArnold hasn’t proven anything in 3 years. If he is better and his experience shows then he will win the job. In know way has he done anything to be handed the starting job.

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Darnold has done nothing to earn that. It has to be a competition. If Darnold wins do be it but in no way should he be handed the keys. Plus there has to be a vet if your having two guys compete.

He would be the starter opening day if traded for. Ballard said he doesn't even know if Eason would be backup yet.

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Darnold has done nothing to earn that. It has to be a competition. If Darnold wins do be it but in no way should he be handed the keys. Plus there has to be a vet if your having two guys compete.

There is a very big difference in Wentz and Darnold and its their contract. Wentz you better hope plays well cause it complicates things if he flames out. Darnold if bad really doesn't effect that much and focus on Eason .

15 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

DArnold hasn’t proven anything in 3 years. If he is better and his experience shows then he will win the job. In know way has he done anything to be handed the starting job.

Nobody that would be drafted or traded for has proven anything.   

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Nobody that would be drafted or traded for has proven anything.   

That isn’t true. Wentz was on pace to win mvp. He had one bad season. Even the injury concerns are silly. He has played in 90% of his games. That doesn’t count this year where he was benched. 

Just now, danlhart87 said:

He would cost at least a 2nd 

Value of QBs skyrocketed after Rams trade

If Ballard won’t part with a first for Stafford it Wentz he sure in the he’ll isn’t giving up second for Darnold.

32 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I don't hate Wentz

Its his contract I don't like 

Darnold would be much cheaper

Gives Colts room to focus on other FAs

Yes the closer to the Draft we get the more desperate people will get. Get him for 21 now!

On Wentz' contract, who much of that are you paying?

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

That isn’t true. Wentz was on pace to win mvp. He had one bad season. Even the injury concerns are silly. He has played in 90% of his games. That doesn’t count this year where he was benched. 

It's not his play that worries people. Its his contract.

I expect him to be better in Indy but there's no way I want that contract 

Just now, jskinnz said:

On Wentz' contract, who much of that are you paying?

All of it

If Ballard won’t part with a first for Stafford it Wentz he sure in the he’ll isn’t giving up second for Darnold.

Then he isn't getting him 

2 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

Where do you draft Trask?

Excellent stats for College

Excellent mid and short accuracy and touch 

Said to have an average arm, said to be a statue....

I'm not against Trask, 

Is he still around at our pick at round 2?

Do you draft another developmental QB to put on the roster? Do we give up on Eason?

Who starts in Sept?

Neither are probably anywhere close to being ready to suit up

(That means we ALSO have to bring in a vet.)

Asking for a friend....

Just gonna say this: pretty much everybody said Peyton Manning couldn’t throw deep, that he lacked strength, yet that didn’t matter much did it?

Going to be interesting to see if this guy is right.

Mack and 3 1sts

9 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

How do you know he wouldn't part with a 1st. for Stafford?  He very well could have been willing to but when the price was more than that he dropped out.  Very possible.  You pay a 1st for Buckner.  You pay a 1st for Stafford. 

Just now, richard pallo said:

How do you know he wouldn't part with a 1st. for Stafford?  He very well could have been willing to but when the price was more than that he dropped out.  Very possible.  You pay a 1st for Buckner.  You pay a 1st for Stafford. 

It was reported he didn't but who can believe anyone 

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

The amount of people going just moved up in the draft makes me laugh. Like it’s so easy to do. Like there isn’t teams with better draft capital that also want to do that.

I'm curious of something 

Let's pretend Bears get Wentz

Who are the top 3 candidates you want 

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

I'm curious of something 

Let's pretend Bears get Wentz

Who are the top 3 candidates you want 

There are none. They are all garbage or unrealistic like Carr and Watson. Sooner colt fans realize that the better. Trading up in the draft is almost slim to none too. 

I am ok with starting Eason or bringing another young guy to compete.

Colt fans need to realize if we don’t get Wentz we are basically down to nothing. 

Stop overreacting 

There are none. They are all garbage or unrealistic like Carr and Watson. Sooner colt fans realize that the better. Trading up in the draft is almost slim to none too.

By all means give up 

@Chloe6124

I don't mean to offend you it just seems everytime Colts don't go the route you want you get so doom and gloom.

Keep your head up 

So the bears are still negotiating. I love how these guys make it sound like something is done.

https://twitter.com/brobnfl/status/1358143980047904771?s=21

You can't believe everything on Twitter 

I heard some NFL evaluator say that Darnold may not be ready to just plug in and start.  He’s been one of the worst QB’s in the league every year since he’s been drafted.  Remember he was seeing ghosts???  Said it may be better to get him and let him sit and work on his game for a little while.  Rebuild up his mechanics and confidence. Just throwing him out there could be the final nail in his 1st round bust coffin if the struggles early in a new system.  

1 minute ago, Smoke317 said:

I heard some NFL evaluator say that Darnold may not be ready to just plug in and start.  He’s been one of the worst QB’s in the league every year since he’s been drafted.  Remember he was seeing ghosts???  Said it may be better to get him and let him sit and work on his game for a little while.  Rebuild up his mechanics and confidence. Just throwing him out there could be the final nail in his 1st round bust coffin if the struggles early in a new system.  

Most teams aren't gonna trade picks for him just to sit him. If we did that it would be stupid cause that's what they are doing with Eason. 

2 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

I heard that too. Said if a team brought him in to sit a year it might help him.

I would be perfectly fine going out and see if you can get Merriota either as Easons backup or bring him in to compete with Eason. Gives us a vet but if Eason is ready then it’s a bonus for us. Reich probably could design a offense around Marcus to make us competitive.

I think at best in 2021 Eason will be the backup 

3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

@Smoke317

What are yours 

All draft. Fields. Wilson. & Lance. In that order of preference.  I’d be ok with bringing in Foles or Jacoby on cheap 2 year deal to mentor or bridge any of those 3 options.  Either go the Lamar (half season bridge) or Mahomes (full season bridge).  I’m not in favor of giving up a first for any of the available retreads.  Not even Carr.  Definitely not Darnold or Wentz.  I’m only trading firsts for the 3 draft eligible QB’s I listed. 

Archived