Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll - QB Preference (now that PR has officially retired) (merge)

EastStreet

Poll - QB Preference  

208 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current choice for QB

• Roll with Eason
    • Roll with JB
    • Unlock the Swag
    • Sign FA Fitzmagic
    • Sign FA Winston
    • Sign FA Trubisky
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Lance
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Wilson
    • Draft Mack with our 21st pic
    • Trade our 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up earlier in the 2nd to draft Trask
    • Use our 2nd round pick to draft Newman
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Stafford
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Carr
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Wentz
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Darnold
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Tua
    • Mortgage the future biggly, and trade our next three first round picks and next two to three 2nd round picks to get Watson.
    • Other - please list
  2. 2. Would you have preferred Rivers stayed one more year?

3. 3. How much faith and confidence do you have in Ballard to make the right call on QB?

• Blind faith, I have a picture of him in my house that I worship daily
    • Pretty confident
    • Not sure right now
    • Not a lot, but hoping for the best
    • Zero confidence

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2021 at 02:03 AM

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not true. Wentz has really only had two poor seasons from what i can see. His rookie year was kind of mediocre. And last year was bad. Usually if the team around him is decent he doesnt throw more than 7 picks and hes around 20 or more TD. If he could at a minimum get back to 2018 thats a step in the right direction. No he doesnt have to return to mvp form right out the gate. Thats not true 

3 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

I have confidence in Ballard but all i have to say is if the Eagles dont compensate us for taking the contract and somehow we end up giving up assets, my opinion of Ballard might change a bit, I dont think it will happen though.

The Eagles like most teams know Colts are desperate. The key for Ballard is not to panic. 

15 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

The Eagles like most teams know Colts are desperate. The key for Ballard is not to panic. 

If Ballard is nonchalant/doesn't panic, Wentz will be a Bear. And that might be okay ultimately- I'm not as high on him as maybe some are. 

The Goff deal involved another first that was compensation to dump a contract. The Colts shouldn't be using a first to buy a bad contract. That's not the precedent, so it'd be bad (real bad) if either Pace or Ballard go using multiple high picks here to acquire Wentz and his contract.

I'm starting to see a pattern emerge that's NBA-esq, and I don't think it'll trickle down in total, but because the QB market is inflated, these guys have lot's of power and are going to increasingly just decide they want to take their contract to another team. 

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

This what it looks like the Bears are offering. Was right it would involve Foles going back to Phili. Colts don’t really have a wildcard to add to a trade like that. Will see if this happens.

id have to geuss the Eagles are behind this, attempting to create a market and drive up the price for Wentz. Its unlikely the Eagles will get compensation for Wentz because of the contract

13 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

This what it looks like the Bears are offering. Was right it would involve Foles going back to Phili. Colts don’t really have a wildcard to add to a trade like that. Will see if this happens.

Yeah, Ballard said that our window is not open, just cracked.  I didn't see him being able to/wanting to outbid the Bears.

That would eliminate Foles as an option too.  And Philly gets their bridge QB to Hurts (or maybe a draft pick, doubtful)

I think Wentz has as much chance of failing as Trubisky has in succeeding.  With that dynamic, I'll invest low capital in Tru rather than high capital in Wentz.

We will see if they are right. These insiders sometimes don’t know everything. The SF guys were wrong too. If we don’t get him we are quickly getting to the trash heap and it’s the draft or Eason.

The one good thing is it eliminates the Bears from drafting a QB. Colts don’t have anyone to add to the trade like the Bears do with Foles. Bears have about the same first round pick but adding Foles sweetens the pot for them. I don’t think Ballard would have a problem adding a future third. We just don’t have the wildcard like they do.

20 minutes ago, The Fish said:

If Ballard is nonchalant/doesn't panic, Wentz will be a Bear. And that might be okay ultimately- I'm not as high on him as maybe some are. 

I would agree with this

Its clear to me that he sets a value to the Colts for any potential free agent, Possible, Trade, and even draft position

He walks into negotiation discussions with this number..... If he see the negotiation, exceeding what he is willing to pay, he just stops right there... he doesnt panic.....   He walks away.....

CB (And Reich) are principled folks.....  I respect that

This is why our salary cap is always well managed.

This is why we should continue to get better every year

We may NOT get the QB of the future .....this year.....  Hopefully we find a QB that can be good enough to keep the trend going

If we dont get one of my personal popular choices, I will live, and still be a Colts fan

AND....

As long as they dont sling a pile of political crap at me......  I will be a COLTS (and NFL fan) for the future.....

20 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I'm starting to see a pattern emerge that's NBA-esq, and I don't think it'll trickle down in total, but because the QB market is inflated, these guys have lot's of power and are going to increasingly just decide they want to take their contract to another team. 

Yes, there is a certain cultural shift going on that is treating these QBs like LeBron.  The savior for their team.  Just the concept of the QB carousel, dumping one QB hoping that the next is the guy, speaks to this, IMO.

Hope that Ballard is less impulsive.  It looks that way.

From SI.com about Trask:

But, what teams could be an ideal fit for the Florida quarterback?

Indianapolis Colts

The Colts may be the best fit for Trask for multiple reasons. With veteran quarterback Philip Rivers officially announcing his intentions to retire, the need at quarterback for Indianapolis has shot up to the very top. Behind Rivers is Jacoby Brissett and Jacob Eason.

While the Colts at one point believed in Brissett enough to give him a contract extension worth $30M over two years, the experiment has clearly failed, and Brissett is set to become a free agent this March. The Colts' need for a quarterback is just as much as any team in the league.

Currently, Indianapolis owns the No. 21 and 54 picks in the draft, the first and second round, respectively. At pick 21, Trask presents intriguing value. At this point in the draft, a number of quarterbacks, including Lawrence, Fields, Wilson, Trey Lance and possibly Jones will have already been selected. Trask would likely be the best of the rest, and ripe for the taking for the Colts.

As a fit, Trask makes sense for Indianapolis too. Its offense ran by offensive coordinator Nick Sirianni featured a quarterback in Rivers that historically has never been mobile, a pure pocket passer similar to Trask in that way.

With plenty of weapons on offense, including at running back, Trask won't be tasked with being the guy to carry an offense, similar to how he was used at Florida with the weapons that team fielded. Ball control will be the No. 1 reason why Trask could do well in Indy.

The rest of the team is already good, basically, and Trask would simply need to be a game manager, something he is quite good at being.

19 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We will see if they are right. These insiders sometimes don’t know everything. The SF guys were wrong too. If we don’t get him we are quickly getting to the trash heap and it’s the draft or Eason.

The one good thing is it eliminates the Bears from drafting a QB. Colts don’t have anyone to add to the trade like the Bears do with Foles. Bears have about the same first round pick but adding Foles sweetens the pot for them. I don’t think Ballard would have a problem adding a future third. We just don’t have the wildcard like they do.

I would bet you your lunch that those on Twitter don’t have the first clue to what exactly has been offered. It’s all speculation 

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

From SI.com about Trask:

Indianapolis Colts

The Colts may be the best fit for Trask for multiple reasons. With veteran quarterback Philip Rivers officially announcing his intentions to retire, the need at quarterback for Indianapolis has shot up to the very top. Behind Rivers is Jacoby Brissett and Jacob Eason.

While the Colts at one point believed in Brissett enough to give him a contract extension worth $30M over two years, the experiment has clearly failed, and Brissett is set to become a free agent this March. The Colts' need for a quarterback is just as much as any team in the league.

Currently, Indianapolis owns the No. 21 and 54 picks in the draft, the first and second round, respectively. At pick 21, Trask presents intriguing value. At this point in the draft, a number of quarterbacks, including Lawrence, Fields, Wilson, Trey Lance and possibly Jones will have already been selected. Trask would likely be the best of the rest, and ripe for the taking for the Colts.

As a fit, Trask makes sense for Indianapolis too. Its offense ran by offensive coordinator Nick Sirianni featured a quarterback in Rivers that historically has never been mobile, a pure pocket passer similar to Trask in that way.

With plenty of weapons on offense, including at running back, Trask won't be tasked with being the guy to carry an offense, similar to how he was used at Florida with the weapons that team fielded. Ball control will be the No. 1 reason why Trask could do well in Indy.

The rest of the team is already good, basically, and Trask would simply need to be a game manager, something he is quite good at being.

I’ll admit, I’ve been warming up to the idea of Trask. 

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

I would bet you your lunch that those on Twitter don’t have the first clue to what exactly has been offered. It’s all speculation 

I’ll admit, I’ve been warming up to the idea of Trask. 

I think he falls short of being the immediate savior kind of guy.  But if you wanted Rivers back, but someone younger, stronger, more mobile, and durable; Trask sounds like that QB.

11 minutes ago, DougDew said:

From SI.com about Trask:

Indianapolis Colts

WOAH!! THE BEST OF THE REST! A GAME MANAGER!

I'm sold. And given the odds that 6 (lol) QB's are going to go in the first round and all work out..

Whew. 

Every time I mull over the options, I keep wanting a steak and realizing it's just McDonalds everywhere. 

Where do you draft Trask?

Excellent stats for College

Excellent mid and short accuracy and touch 

Said to have an average arm, said to be a statue....

I'm not against Trask, 

Is he still around at our pick at round 2?

Do you draft another developmental QB to put on the roster? Do we give up on Eason?

Who starts in Sept?

Neither are probably anywhere close to being ready to suit up

(That means we ALSO have to bring in a vet.)

Asking for a friend....

42 minutes ago, DougDew said:

From SI.com about Trask:

Indianapolis Colts

Trask has bust written all over him

He's gonna be this years Anthony Gordon

5 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I think once the two teams reach an agreement it will be very hard to keep it under wraps for a long period of time.  I suppose it could happen but if the Eagles get a big haul they might want it to get out there and take the buzz. 

Right now the rumor is a single first round draft pick.    Wentz for a one.   I think the two GMs can sit on that for a while. 

https://www.1075thefan.com/blogs/fan-morning-show/would-you-be-comfortable-enough-with-jacoby-brissett-at-quarterback-in-2021/

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Right now the rumor is a single first round draft pick.    Wentz for a one.   I think the two GMs can sit on that for a while. 

I'm hoping Chi Town gets stupid and offers more 

Just now, richard pallo said:

If true most of the board will be happy.  Reich probably very disappointed.  So now Darnold is the most likely and that's fine with me.  Carr and Cousins are real long shots I believe especially considering the price.  

I would gladly trade 21 for Darnold 

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

If true most of the board will be happy.  Reich probably very disappointed.  So now Darnold is the most likely and that's fine with me.  Carr and Cousins are real long shots I believe especially considering the price.  

A little preview 

Some of you would rather have mediocre in someone like fitz or jimmy G then the high upside of Wentz. I don’t get it. The truth is we aren’t going to be able to get hifh enough most likely in the draft to our bid teams. So that is kind of a fantasy. If we don’t get Wentz it’s looking more and more like this will be Eason and someone brought in to compete with. We are kind of running out of options.

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Some of you would rather have mediocre in someone like fitz or jimmy G then the high upside of Wentz. I don’t get it. The truth is we aren’t going to be able to get hifh enough most likely in the draft to our bid teams. So that is kind of a fantasy. If we don’t get Wentz it’s looking more and more like this will be Eason and someone brought in to compete with. We are kind of running out of options.

I don't hate Wentz

Its his contract I don't like 

Darnold would be much cheaper

Gives Colts room to focus on other FAs

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

I would too if the Bears get Wentz.  I would move on it if I were Ballard.  Darnold's price can only go up as time passes.  

Yes the closer to the Draft we get the more desperate people will get. Get him for 21 now!

Archived