Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll - QB Preference (now that PR has officially retired) (merge)

EastStreet

Poll - QB Preference  

208 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current choice for QB

• Roll with Eason
    • Roll with JB
    • Unlock the Swag
    • Sign FA Fitzmagic
    • Sign FA Winston
    • Sign FA Trubisky
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Lance
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Wilson
    • Draft Mack with our 21st pic
    • Trade our 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up earlier in the 2nd to draft Trask
    • Use our 2nd round pick to draft Newman
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Stafford
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Carr
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Wentz
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Darnold
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Tua
    • Mortgage the future biggly, and trade our next three first round picks and next two to three 2nd round picks to get Watson.
    • Other - please list
  2. 2. Would you have preferred Rivers stayed one more year?

3. 3. How much faith and confidence do you have in Ballard to make the right call on QB?

• Blind faith, I have a picture of him in my house that I worship daily
    • Pretty confident
    • Not sure right now
    • Not a lot, but hoping for the best
    • Zero confidence

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2021 at 02:03 AM

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Hmm now this gets interesting.  Never said it was a player from the colts or bears. Could be from the eagles. Colts were rumored as wanting him.

Figured that was where you were going with that question

No reason for the Colts to trade for Ertz. Chances are the Eagles just release him anyway, they cant keep him because of cap issues. Would cost them $12m this year and they have Goeddert(Sp?)

Is any team going to want to trade for his $8m+ contract. More likely teams would just want to sign him to a new deal after he ia cut.

1 minute ago, w87r said:

No reason for the Colts to trade for Ertz. Chances are the Eagles just release him anyway, they cant keep him because of cap issues. Would cost them $12m this year and they have Goeddert(Sp?)

Is any team going to want to trade for his $8m+ contract. More likely teams would jiat want to sign him to a new deal after he ia cut.

Yeah most likely. But if he is just kind of a throw in a trade maybe.

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Is any team going to want to trade for his $8m+ contract. More likely teams would jiat want to sign him to a new deal after he ia cut.

By trading for him you assure yourself of getting him.  No competition.

11 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

By trading for him you assure yourself of getting him.  No competition.

At $8m+ I'm good with not having him. Not to worried about competition, if he wants to ay woth Frank. His wife plays in Chicago too, so Indy is close, now maybe that helps tie him to the Bears with Wentz?

His trade value has to be around a 4th or 5th round pick. Hardly worth giving up (2) 1st for(w/ Wentz).

To add on, that would be $34m straight on the cap.

Disclaimer, I don't want Wentz to begin with, so thought of (2) first makes me a little nauseous.

Just now, w87r said:

At $8m+ I'm good with not having him. Not to worried about competition, if he wants to ay woth Frank. His wife plays im Chicago to, so Indy is close, now maybe that helps tie him to the Bears with Wentz.

His trade value has to be around a 4th or 5th round pick. Hardly worth giving up (2) 1st for(w/ Wentz).

To add on, that would be $34m straight on the cap.

Disclaimer, I don't want Wentz to begin with, so thought of (2) first makes me a little nauseous.

Didn’t we already talk about the easy trip up 65 or flightthis way nick GIF by Nickelodeon

12 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If we got Wentz and Ertz that gives fills two empty spots. Ertz would probably just ask to be cut but if it’s the colts he could probably go along with that.

I think Ertz would be willing to stay, he seemed more frustrated with the Eagles FO. so a change of scenery would make him happy.

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I thought Doyle made 2nd team one year with Luck?

Nope

He is 2 x Pro Bowler though.

1 minute ago, Zoltan said:

I think Ertz would be willing to stay, he seemed more frustrated with the Eagles FO. so a change of scenery would make him happy.

Can't afford him.

Walk away and save draft capital!

Just sign Fitzpatrick to a 1-year team friendly veteran deal, sign a LT, draft a WR in round 1, and draft Trask in the 2nd round. Then we are still a contender to win our division in 2021.

Let Fitz be the veteran presence in the room and groom the eventual franchise QB like he did with Tua in Miami. Whoever is better between Trask and Eason gets the clipboard, and the loser of the competition goes to the practice squad.

In 2022, either Trask or Eason takes over the job.

Just now, DougDew said:

Three way trade.  We end up with Foles and Ertz and give up a 3.  We restructure/extend Ertz.  

Still don't like it

Just now, DougDew said:

Three way trade.  We end up with Foles and Ertz and give up a 3.  We restructure/extend Ertz.  

Do you want Foles?

4 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Still don't like it

Do you want Foles?

As a one year bridge to Eason, sure.  

I agree with @w87r.  I don't want to use a lot of capital on a QB that would keep us from knowing what we have in Eason.  That means no expensive trade or trade up, and probably not taking QB at 21 with the other holes we have.  Foles just seems like the logical choice, especially knowing the system, unlike a Trubisky.

57 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

If we draft a QB in the top 2 rounds the Eason pick was wasted 

Either the team needs to go with seat warmer/mentor and Eason or DP and a mentor

not a DP and Eason and no mentor

Couple of thoughts...   if we draft a QB in the first few rounds, it doesn’t necessarily mean the pick is wasted.   Eason can still be in line to be the backup.  

Also...  if you’re going to waste a pick, a 4th round quarterback is the one to do it.   It’s the cost of doing business.  As you know, QB is the hardest position to get right.   At least we won’t be a team that spent a first one year, only to find out he’s not the guy so you have to spend another first a year or two later.   I’d hate to be that team. 

6 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

For some reason, I feel like this might just be the move. Again, McDaniels was interested in the job, and I don't think it was because off Wentz.

Bill wants to compete immediately and he might feel this is his best chance to do so this year.

Archived