Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll - QB Preference (now that PR has officially retired) (merge)

EastStreet

Poll - QB Preference  

208 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current choice for QB

• Roll with Eason
    • Roll with JB
    • Unlock the Swag
    • Sign FA Fitzmagic
    • Sign FA Winston
    • Sign FA Trubisky
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Lance
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Wilson
    • Draft Mack with our 21st pic
    • Trade our 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up earlier in the 2nd to draft Trask
    • Use our 2nd round pick to draft Newman
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Stafford
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Carr
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Wentz
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Darnold
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Tua
    • Mortgage the future biggly, and trade our next three first round picks and next two to three 2nd round picks to get Watson.
    • Other - please list
  2. 2. Would you have preferred Rivers stayed one more year?

3. 3. How much faith and confidence do you have in Ballard to make the right call on QB?

• Blind faith, I have a picture of him in my house that I worship daily
    • Pretty confident
    • Not sure right now
    • Not a lot, but hoping for the best
    • Zero confidence

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2021 at 02:03 AM

5 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Yes sir 

Have you actually watched both play, or read the evaluations?

4 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

That depends on several different scenarios. Several teams QB issues could change over the coming months. 

Would you like to wager a decent sum of money. 

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

Just sign Mitch Trubisky to 1 year then have Eason start 22 or trade up for Lance 

Trubisky could receive offer(s) for more than 1 year. He has the same foot speed as Deshaun, and a bigger arm...and he hasn't had a torn ACL(as Deshaun has).

So here’s another fly in the soup, news broke today that Trevor Lawrence is hurt, he’ll throw next week or two for teams and then have shoulder surgery on a torn labrum, (same injury Luck had), and they “expect” him to be back in time for normal camps... does that end up changing things up

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

So here’s another fly in the soup, news broke today that Trevor Lawrence is hurt, he’ll throw next week or two for teams and then have shoulder surgery on a torn labrum, (same injury Luck had), and they “expect” him to be back in time for normal camps... does that end up changing things up

I don’t think so because I think it’s on his non throwing shoulder.

Just saw this. Bears and colts have around the same first round draft pick. Bears do have Foles though to make the deal a little unique. Both teams have a relationship with the current eagles GM.

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

It's his non throwing shoulder, so shouldn't effect TL as much as Luck.

But definitely a cause for concern.

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Just saw this. Bears and colts have around the same first round draft pick. Bears do have Foles though to make the deal a little unique. Both teams have a relationship with the current eagles GM.

It is funny because earlier I was watching PTI and Wilbon is a huge Bears fan and he was saying please no, send him to Indy haha . I feel the same way, send him to Chicago lmao 

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I can not see Ballard parting with our 1st rd pick this year unless we get a pick back or swap 2nds this year.  With only two teams I think this happens this weekend.  

8 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If we give up a 1st for that broken overrated individual, we best at least make the Super Bowl otherwise, fire Ballard and Reich both if he flames out

14 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

You would think they would prefer him out of conference but who knows. 

59 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Have you actually watched both play, or read the evaluations?

Would you like to wager a decent sum of money. 

I don't bet lol

10 minutes ago, csmopar said:

If we give up a 1st for that broken overrated individual, we best at least make the Super Bowl otherwise, fire Ballard and Reich both if he flames out

Ballard no but Reich yes

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we want to trade for Wentz, we might as well just bring JB back instead lol. JB would be much cheaper and the team looks him as a leader and not a head case. I am not a fan of this at all. TY Hilton has to be shaking his head right now. Shoot for Derek Carr, Carr is much better than Wentz!

There are several options better than Wentz 

Just now, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

Dak isn't getting that anywhere, especially coming off an injury!

Cowboys will most likely tag him 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we want to trade for Wentz, we might as well just bring JB back instead lol. JB would be much cheaper and the team looks him as a leader and not a head case. I am not a fan of this at all. TY Hilton has to be shaking his head right now. Shoot for Derek Carr, Carr is much better than Wentz!

As you know, I don't want Wentz, and I'm a fan somewhat of Carr....

That said...Wentz at least gives you a chance to excel if he can return to form. I'll take that hope over JB.

TY definitely doesn't want a return to JB if he's worried about offensive production. 

Just now, EastStreet said:

As you know, I don't want Wentz, and I'm a fan somewhat of Carr....

That said...Wentz at least gives you a chance to excel if he can return to form. I'll take that hope over JB.

TY definitely doesn't want a return to JB if he's worried about offensive production. 

I hope Wentz gets traded to the Bears and we trade for Carr. That would be ideal. 

Just now, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

I am starting to think the scary realty is we may have JB back next year, and he and Eason battle it out! :( 

I would still take that over Wentz 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I hope Wentz gets traded to the Bears and we trade for Carr. That would be ideal. 

Yes to Wentz and it depends what they want for Carr

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Care and Wentz both Suck. Someone call Curtis Painter

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I hope Wentz goes to Chicago too. I'd get behind him if that's who we pick though. If it didn't work out, I'd be calling for Reich's job though lol... 

I'd like Carr, but don't want to pay a fortune in draft capital for him either. 

Just now, EastStreet said:

I hope Wentz goes to Chicago too. I'd get behind him if that's who we pick though. If it didn't work out, I'd be calling for Reich's job though lol... 

Carr would cost entirely too much. If we are losing draft capital do it for a rookie.

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

If we don’t get Wentz it’s clear Ballard will never give what is required to trade for a vet. He might as well give up and try to move up in the draft or start Eason. The QB market is hot and your not going to get a good one that is proven by being cheap or expecting a good deal. Just not happening.

Blame the stupid Rams giving up 2 1s for Stafford 

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

If we don’t get Wentz it’s clear Ballard will never give what is required to trade for a vet. He might as well give up and try to move up in the draft or start Eason. The QB market is hot and your not going to get a good one that is proven by being cheap or expecting a good deal. Just not happening.

If he doesn't trade for Wentz he is very smart :thmup:

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Then we aren’t getting a very good vet. The market is what it is. Can’t be cheap and expect some team is going to give us a deal because they feel sorry for us.

1 minute ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

Agree unless you could get Carr without a lot of draft capitol or players?

Ehh Raiders want a first for him I bet

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

It’s not about being cheap, it’s about being smart.

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Then we aren’t getting a very good vet. The market is what it is. Can’t be cheap and expect some team is going to give us a deal because they feel sorry for us.

Tell you what, I have a 1984 Corvette for trade. It’s high mileage, beat to crap, but you know it’s capable of getting around. You have two tickets for two new cars, a Camaro and and. Mustang, but for 1/5 of the sticker price. However one of the two or both may actually be lemons. Let’s trade two, shinny new cars for that 1984 corvette. I mean, you just can’t take the risk of one of those or both of those being lemons, so let’s go with the sure thing. And oh, by the way, there’s a 30,000 dollar loan you’ll take over payments on as well.

how does that deal sound?

Dakich asked some question about how you judge underperforming QBs like Tannehill.  Ballard said they scout everyone A to Z and go mostly with how they had the players graded coming out.  

If they were high on Darnold coming out, for instance, that would probably carry more weight than his performance to date in a dysfunctional organization.

Archived