Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll - QB Preference (now that PR has officially retired) (merge)

EastStreet

Poll - QB Preference  

208 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current choice for QB

• Roll with Eason
    • Roll with JB
    • Unlock the Swag
    • Sign FA Fitzmagic
    • Sign FA Winston
    • Sign FA Trubisky
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Lance
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Wilson
    • Draft Mack with our 21st pic
    • Trade our 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up earlier in the 2nd to draft Trask
    • Use our 2nd round pick to draft Newman
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Stafford
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Carr
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Wentz
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Darnold
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Tua
    • Mortgage the future biggly, and trade our next three first round picks and next two to three 2nd round picks to get Watson.
    • Other - please list
  2. 2. Would you have preferred Rivers stayed one more year?

3. 3. How much faith and confidence do you have in Ballard to make the right call on QB?

• Blind faith, I have a picture of him in my house that I worship daily
    • Pretty confident
    • Not sure right now
    • Not a lot, but hoping for the best
    • Zero confidence

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2021 at 02:03 AM

14 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Colt fans need to realize if we don’t get Wentz we are basically down to nothing. 

I trust Ballard . Period. If he get Wentz, so be it, if he doesn’t, then he’s decided Wentz isn’t worth it. We aren’t down to nothing. We have a great and wise GM and a good coach, we will be fine. 

16 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Colt fans need to realize if we don’t get Wentz we are basically down to nothing. 

And you need to realize Wentz was benched for his performance which was crap all season

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, csmopar said:

I trust Ballard . Period. If he get Wentz, so be it, if he doesn’t, then he’s decided Wentz isn’t worth it. We aren’t down to nothing. We have a great and wise GM and a good coach, we will be fine. 

Sometimes there just aren’t good options. You can trust Ballard but sometimes he stroked out.

24 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Just gonna say this: pretty much everybody said Peyton Manning couldn’t throw deep, that he lacked strength, yet that didn’t matter much did it?

Mack and 3 1sts

You are correct.

We will see

The lying season is out there......  

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Sometimes there just aren’t good options. You can trust Ballard but sometimes he stroked out.

Stroked out? Huh what does that mean?

there’s always options out there. Just because YOU may not think so doesn’t mean there isn’t any

2 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Schefter I can believe 

He’s not really saying anything of substance. I mean the entire world knows the Eagles are trying to trade Wentz and it could happen any time. 

Just now, colts89 said:

I have a feeling if the Colts get Wentz, it'll be for less than a first and another player or two. Or the bears are giving up that first and a third for real :lol:

Bears are dumb enough to do it

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

there’s always options out there. Just because YOU may not think so doesn’t mean they’re aren’t.

He’s not really saying anything of substance. I mean the entire world knows the Eagles are trying to trade Wentz and it could happen any time. 

No GM is perfect

He has a pretty good draft success rate

55 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Darnold has done nothing to earn that. It has to be a competition. If Darnold wins do be it but in no way should he be handed the keys. Plus there has to be a vet if your having two guys compete.

Darnold regressed a bit last year (Not much to work with)

He HASNT proven that he is a competent starter

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

there’s always options out there. Just because YOU may not think so doesn’t mean there isn’t any

Difference is Schefter is someone we know is official. Billions of people on Twitter can say it could happen but none of it adds up usually 

I think most people don’t realize how bad the Eagles injuries and lack of depth was last year. This is just a look at their OL not including the skill positions

they started the season without their LT and best Guard. They then lost their starting RT and multiple depth lineman. 

to compare it to the Colts it would of been if we lost Nelson Castonzo and Braden Smith. At one point there LT was a former rugby player. 

Wentz started playing hero ball because if he didn’t they didn’t have a chance of winning, when he did it the year before he took the Eagles to the playoffs from pretty much pure will. This year it backfired on him

If you havent, watch the Ballard interview this past week

He seemed very dismissive on the Wentz steps.... It "sounded" like they werent going to do anything immediate .

Who knows if their intererst is merely window shopping or strong interest.....

Just now, Zoltan said:

I think most people don’t realize how bad the Eagles injuries and lack of depth was last year. This is just a look at their OL not including the skill positions

they started the season without their LT and best Guard. They then lost their starting RT and multiple depth lineman. 

to compare it to the Colts it would of been if we lost Nelson Castonzo and Braden Smith. At one point there LT was a former rugby player. 

Wentz started playing hero ball because if he didn’t they didn’t have a chance of winning, when he did it the year before he took the Eagles to the playoffs from pretty much pure will. This year it backfired on him

Like I said already its not his play that bothers me. I for one strongly believe any QB could come in here and immediately succeed 

1 minute ago, MikeCurtis said:

If you havent, watch the Ballard interview this past week

He seemed very dismissive on the Wentz steps.... It "sounded" like they werent going to do anything immediate .

Who knows if their intererst is merely window shopping or strong interest.....

I'm sure he was interested but not as much as media wants you to believe 

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Eagles aren’t getting two ones for Wentz lol. That favorite team had to be the colts.

Thats a JOKE....  right?   I would consider if I got their 2nd THIS year......  

Just now, MikeCurtis said:

Thats a JOKE....  right?   I would consider if I got their 2nd THIS year......  STILL to high

3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

At that point you just start Eason. Trask isn’t mobile.

Maybe.  I'm for counting on Eason. 

I think the issue with Eason is that his mind needs development more than his body.  Trask already has the head for the NFL game.

Just saying that if all we needed last year was Rivers to push it down the field more on occasion, and devote more capital to defense, Trask seems like that player.  I don't think Ballard is looking for the hero QB. 

And Trask is a 21 year old kid.  He's mobile enough. 

This offense is not going to have an off-the-script playmaker at QB. Sorry folks.

Wentz would work perfect in Chicago.  With Nagy likely being on the hot seat, Wentz could open up another back door channel around his coach so that he can play as poorly as possible with no repercussions or the need to take any accountability.  I’m sure his team (agent) is demanding that Foles is shipped out immediately though.  Can’t have that specter hovering over his shoulder again.

Just now, Smoke317 said:

Wentz would work perfect in Chicago.  With Nagy likely being on the hot seat, Wentz could open up another back door channel around his coach so that he can play as poorly as possible with no repercussions or the need to take any accountability.  I’m sure his team (agent) is demanding that Foles is shipped out immediately. Can’t have that specter hovering over his shoulder again.

Any QB in Chicago is setup to fail never having a 4000 yard passer.

I honestly think if they stuck with Trubisky he could have been close. 

Just now, danlhart87 said:

Any QB in Chicago is setup to fail never having a 4000 yard passer.

I honestly think if they stuck with Trubisky he could have been close. 

That is crazy about the 4K passer. Wentz could end that streak.  They should pounce.

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Maybe.  I'm for counting on Eason. 

I think the issue with Eason is that his mind needs development more than his body.  Trask already has the head for the NFL game.

Just saying that if all we needed last year was Rivers to push it down the field more on occasion, and devote more capital to defense, Trask seems like that player.  I don't think Ballard is looking for the hero QB. 

And Trask is a 21 year old kid.  He's mobile enough. 

This offense is not going to have an off-the-script playmaker at QB. Sorry folks.

I dont know

Big risk with Eason the 4th rounder who really is a rookie and another rookie that will probably be there in late second

I know it HAS happened ..... but I wouldnt think you could count on it.... its like a lottery play...

I would think the solution to get is a FA AND Eason, but NOT 2 needing development

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

“Some level” that could be anything from hey, well give ya a 7th to hey, we will sell the farm 

Just now, danlhart87 said:

What are yall thoughts on this 

Sign Trubisky to 1 year deal

Starr Eason in 22 unless Mitch balls out

I still don’t grasp why the bears benched him. They were undefeated 

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

What are yall thoughts on this 

Sign Trubisky to 1 year deal

Starr Eason in 22 unless Mitch balls out

I honestly wouldn’t be shocked to see Eason legitimately beat out guys like Darnold or Trubisky the job.  He’s got a head start in the playbook and in the system.  And his arm talent is much better than both.  I could see Eason winning the job then struggling and we turn the keys over to Trubisky or Darnold.  I wouldn’t give either guy the job without them earning it.

2 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I dont know

Big risk with Eason the 4th rounder who really is a rookie and another rookie that will probably be there in late second

I know it HAS happened ..... but I wouldnt think you could count on it.... its like a lottery play...

I would think the solution to get is a FA AND Eason, but NOT 2 needing development

Trask doesn't really sound developmental.  Josh Allen needed work coming out and developed in one year.  I'm not comparing the two physically or in capability, just saying that I think Trask is almost there, just needs some mechanical work.

Archived