Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll - QB Preference (now that PR has officially retired) (merge)

EastStreet

Poll - QB Preference  

208 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current choice for QB

• Roll with Eason
    • Roll with JB
    • Unlock the Swag
    • Sign FA Fitzmagic
    • Sign FA Winston
    • Sign FA Trubisky
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Lance
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Wilson
    • Draft Mack with our 21st pic
    • Trade our 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up earlier in the 2nd to draft Trask
    • Use our 2nd round pick to draft Newman
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Stafford
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Carr
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Wentz
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Darnold
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Tua
    • Mortgage the future biggly, and trade our next three first round picks and next two to three 2nd round picks to get Watson.
    • Other - please list
  2. 2. Would you have preferred Rivers stayed one more year?

3. 3. How much faith and confidence do you have in Ballard to make the right call on QB?

• Blind faith, I have a picture of him in my house that I worship daily
    • Pretty confident
    • Not sure right now
    • Not a lot, but hoping for the best
    • Zero confidence

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2021 at 02:03 AM

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, w87r said:

For some reason, I feel like this might just be the move. Again, McDaniels was interested in the job, and I don't think it was because off Wentz.

Bill wants to compete immediately and he might feel this is his best chance to do so this year.

Oh the Pats deserve Wentz, I would lmao if the Pats traded 2 1st's for him Happy Danny Glover GIF by Regal

3 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

Where’d that clip come from?

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Oh the Pats deserve Wentz, I would lmao if the Pats traded 2 1st's for him Happy Danny Glover GIF by Regal

I wouldn’t laugh too hard. If there’s any coach that can make a nobody at QB into a star, it’s the hooded one

3 minutes ago, w87r said:

For some reason, I feel like this might just be the move. Again, McDaniels was interested in the job, and I don't think it was because off Wentz.

Bill wants to compete immediately and he might feel this is his best chance to do so this year.

Bill?

4 minutes ago, DougDew said:

As a one year bridge to Eason, sure.  

I agree with @w87r.  I don't want to use a lot of capital on a QB that would keep us from knowing what we have in Eason.  That means no expensive trade or trade up, and probably not taking QB at 21 with the other holes we have.  Foles just seems like the logical choice, especially knowing the system, unlike a Trubisky.

If Ballard & Co. shared your optimism in Eason, they wouldn’t be trying to trade for Stafford and now Wentz.

Just because you and I don’t have a good idea what we have in Eason doesn’t mean that the Colts’ staff also doesn’t.  Ballard tipped his hand a bit on Eason recently - they see him as a potential backup.

3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

What do you guys think of this 

Gilmore contract is relatively cheap($7m range), they might be able to make it work?

Would take some major contract adjusting, but with cap going up to $185m(new report). It is doable.

11 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

If Ballard & Co. shared your optimism in Eason, they wouldn’t be trying to trade for Stafford and now Wentz.

Just because you and I don’t have a good idea what we have in Eason doesn’t mean that the Colts’ staff also doesn’t.  Ballard tipped his hand a bit on Eason recently - they see him as a potential backup.

But those Qbs are in a different class.  They are known quantities.  NFL starters with MVP pedigree.  And with that, it still sounds like Ballard is holding back some powder, not feeling the need to go all in.

Without any game time, I don't think they know.  They see Eason as a potential backup, next year or the year after because the plan is to have a starter in front of him, not because that is his ceiling.  JMO.   

11 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

Hold on.....    they see him as a potential back-up this year.    But that doesn't mean that's all that they see in him.   That doesn't mean they don't think he can be our guy in the long-term.    They're focused on a veteran because this team needs a veteran more than it needs an untested rookie.    Eason might be our back-up going forward.    And maybe someday he might be a starter,  for us,  or some other team.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Hold on.....    they see him as a potential back-up this year.    But that doesn't mean that's all that they see in him.   That doesn't mean they don't think he can be our guy in the long-term.    They're focused on a veteran because this team needs a veteran more than it needs an untested rookie.    Eason might be our back-up going forward.    And maybe someday he might be a starter,  for us,  or some other team.

Diversity Black Girl Magic GIF by Chloe x Halle

14 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

By the way,  here is the ESPN story....    it's not a Premium story,  so everyone can read it.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30847722/philadelphia-eagles-expected-trade-qb-carson-wentz-soon-sources-say

Speaking of this. Anyone peep that stat breakdown within this post?

Low Risk, No Reward

Over the past 10 years, Carson Wentz has two of the six lowest seasons for yards per attempt when throwing at wide receivers. Additionally, in 2020 he was off-target on 24.8% of those pass attempts to WRs, the worst mark among all qualified passers this year.

YPA

Blaine Gabbert (JAX, 2011)5.46

Colt McCoy (CLE, 2011)6.22

Brock Osweiler (HOU, 2016)6.31

Carson Wentz (PHI, 2020)6.32

Blake Bortles (JAX, 2014)6.33

Carson Wentz (PHI, 2016)6.34

will ferrell eww GIF

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

In reality the colts don’t really  have enough assets to try and be competitive in these trades. To many QB needy teams with higher draft picks.

I would call those desperate teams

Nagy and Pace are trying to save their jobs and the rams are trying to bring in fan revenues 

3 minutes ago, w87r said:

Low Risk, No Reward

Over the past 10 years, Carson Wentz has two of the six lowest seasons for yards per attempt when throwing at wide receivers. Additionally, in 2020 he was off-target on 24.8% of those pass attempts to WRs, the worst mark among all qualified passers this year.

YPA

will ferrell eww GIF

That is bad, most of the stat guys in here point to this stat as a telling stat. 

5 minutes ago, w87r said:

Low Risk, No Reward

YPA

will ferrell eww GIF

Will Ferrell Respect GIF

4 minutes ago, w87r said:

Low Risk, No Reward

YPA

will ferrell eww GIF

There’s a reason Wentz is being offered at a discount.   Otherwise the cost would be much, much higher.   I don’t believe Philly is going to get their full asking price.   But I think they will get more than most here are predicting. 

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

There’s a reason Wentz is being offered at a discount.   Otherwise the cost would be much, much higher.   I don’t believe Philly is going to get their full asking price.   But I think they will get more than most here are predicting. 

I guess discount is a subjective term.

I think (2) 1st is no discount for Wentz at this point. I get the general thoughts of a QB in his prime getting traded, it being considered a discount. Just not really in the case of Wentz here. 

If he had taken the Eagles to the SB and won it, maybe, but fact is it was Foles who did that. If he didn't have some of the reports out about his character flaws(I get it, it is just reports), maybe. If he didnt lead the league in INTs and sacks despite only playing in 12 games last year, maybe.

I do agree though, I am sure he will get more than moat think, just hopefully it isn't from the Colts.

I don’t see it. Ballard isn’t a bidder. I’m willing to believe he made an offer, and a fair one at that. But multiple 1s? A blockbuster after a bidding war? 

dean ambrose wwe GIF

I’m sure when the Eagles said “well we have a better offer from another team” Ballard’s response was “Okay. We’ll figure something else out. Thanks,” and that was just that. 

He’s not going to step in a pile of horse crap to wipe dog crap off his shoe. 

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

I guess discount is a subjective term.

I think (2) 1st is no discount for Wentz at this point. I get the general thoughts of a QB in his prime getting traded, it being considered a discount. Just not really in the case of Wentz here. 

If he had taken the Eagles to the SB and won it, maybe, but fact is it was Foles who did that. If he didn't have some of the reports out about his character flaws(I get it, it is just reports), maybe. If he didnt lead the league in INTs and sacks despite only playing in 12 games last year, maybe.

I do agree though, I am sure he will get more than moat think, just hopefully it isn't from the Colts.

Is anyone here predicting what the trade will be 

30 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Both of the QBs they’ve tried to get weren’t 1 or 2 year guys.  They were 4+ year guys.

Archived