Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll - QB Preference (now that PR has officially retired) (merge)

EastStreet

Poll - QB Preference  

208 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current choice for QB

• Roll with Eason
    • Roll with JB
    • Unlock the Swag
    • Sign FA Fitzmagic
    • Sign FA Winston
    • Sign FA Trubisky
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Lance
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Wilson
    • Draft Mack with our 21st pic
    • Trade our 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up earlier in the 2nd to draft Trask
    • Use our 2nd round pick to draft Newman
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Stafford
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Carr
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Wentz
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Darnold
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Tua
    • Mortgage the future biggly, and trade our next three first round picks and next two to three 2nd round picks to get Watson.
    • Other - please list
  2. 2. Would you have preferred Rivers stayed one more year?

3. 3. How much faith and confidence do you have in Ballard to make the right call on QB?

• Blind faith, I have a picture of him in my house that I worship daily
    • Pretty confident
    • Not sure right now
    • Not a lot, but hoping for the best
    • Zero confidence

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2021 at 02:03 AM

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, w87r said:

I guess discount is a subjective term.

I think (2) 1st is no discount for Wentz at this point. I get the general thoughts of a QB in his prime getting traded, it being considered a discount. Just not really in the case of Wentz here. 

If he had taken the Eagles to the SB and won it, maybe, but fact is it was Foles who did that. If he didn't have some of the reports out about his character flaws(I get it, it is just reports), maybe. If he didnt lead the league in INTs and sacks despite only playing in 12 games last year, maybe.

I do agree though, I am sure he will get more than moat think, just hopefully it isn't from the Colts.

I think Philly is asking for two 1’s.   I don’t see then getting two 1’s.   It’s not impossible, I just think unlikely.

I think my ceiling for an offer would be a 1 & 3 in ‘21 and a 2 in ‘22.    But I’m not sure Ballard will be willing to go that high. 

Just now, luv_pony_express said:

Both of the QBs they’ve tried to get weren’t 1 or 2 year guys.  They were 4+ year guys.

Maybe?

Stafford only had 2 years left on deal

Wentz has no guarantees after second yr.

Left options open.

I probably agree with your assessment there, but both have had options to move on, say if Eason showed he was ready.

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

I think Philly is asking for two 1’s.   I don’t see then getting two 1’s.   It’s not impossible, I just think unlikely.

I think my ceiling for an offer would be a 1 & 3 in ‘21 and a 2 in ‘22.    But I’m not sure Ballard will be willing to go that high. 

Some team will be dumb enough 

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

If it was me, no way would I give two 1's for Wentz. The thing that scares me is, is the friendship Reich has with Sirianni and Wentz. I hope that doesn't influence Ballard into doing a trade for Wentz.

3 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

Both of the QBs they’ve tried to get weren’t 1 or 2 year guys.  They were 4+ year guys.

I know.   But that doesn’t mean that establishes a ceiling on Eason.  

Look, the timing has been terrible for the kid.   He needed practice reps and game experience last year and it all got wiped out by Covid.  The team needs a veteran NOW.   The team can’t gamble on Eason yet, not with knowing so little about him.  So they hope to find out he can be the backup this year.  Maybe,  yes?   Maybe,  no?    But it’s way too early to know about Eason.  That’s all I’m saying. 

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Look, the timing has been terrible for the kid.   He needed practice reps and game experience last year and it all got wiped out by Covid.  The team needs a veteran NOW.   The team can’t gamble on Eason yet, not with knowing so little about him.  So they hope to find out he can be the backup this year.  Maybe,  yes?   Maybe,  no?    But it’s way too early to know about Eason.  That’s all I’m saying. 

Thank U GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Im not even comfortable offering #21 for him,  but that's just me.

I'm not even interested in him at all, tbh. I would support whatever happens though.

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t know what colts fans want. Every single person as far as QB they laugh at.  If this Wentz thing happens trust Reich and Ballard.

You want to trust Ballard even though he has a small stroke every now and then, and Reich does too?    Hmmm??

:sarcasm:

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t know what colts fans want. Every single person as far as QB they laugh at.  If this Wentz thing happens trust Reich and Ballard.

I have already stated what I want. I want Watson or Luck to come back but that won't happen. So I am on record saying trade for Carr or draft for Trey Lance and have Eason and Lance battle for the starting position. QB's like Wentz, Trubisky, Darnold, Foles aren't getting us nowhere IMO, it would be a waste of time getting those guys. At least Carr would keep us relevant (playoff relevance) and Lance and Eason are real young.

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I agree.  I’m not writing him off by any means.  I’m just pushing back against the suggestion that he’s a realistic option anytime soon — or that he’s a total unknown.  He’s a total unknown to us, but not the coaches and FO.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have already stated what I want. I want Watson or Luck to come back but that won't happen. So I am on record saying trade for Carr or draft for Trey Lance and have Eason and Lance battle for the starting position. QB's like Wentz, Trubisky, Darnold, Foles aren't getting us nowhere IMO, it would be a waste of time getting those guys. At least Carr would keep us relevant (playoff relevance) and Lance and Eason are real young.

I think I’m more in line with you to be honest. The FAs just don’t seem to be worth the asking price, and that includes Stafford.

13 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think most of us don’t want a has been, broken benched whatever QB & would rather shoot for the long term and try to stop the revolving door at QB we have had since 2017

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I prefer a vet over an unproven Draft eligible QB like Lance who has one year of FCS starting experience 

I understand, but they have to get experience at some point. For a guy like Lance, he needs to have a strong desire to learn and have self awareness. If he doesn’t have those traits, pass on him.

We all start out inexperienced. 

2 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Well if this happens. I would suspect Ballard trades back from #21 picks up extra 2nd next year and an early 2nd and additional pick this year.

3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

That would offset some of the cap issues with Wentz’s contract I presume? 

I don’t see them agreeing to that.

Wentz - $25.4

Doyle - $4.35

RYS - $270k

Oke - $630k

$20m difference

3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I understand, but they have to get experience at some point. For a guy like Lance, he needs to have a strong desire to learn and have self awareness. If he doesn’t have those traits, pass on him.

We all start out inexperienced. 

Alabama, Clemson, Florida, Ohio State > NDSU

Who was the last QB to come out of NDSU

Carson Wentz

17 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Yes.  Its what I was saying during the Stafford discussions.  We have some young defensive players that should be available, and should be desirable to a team that needs a roster boost.  We can replace them.

Sirianni knows the players.  Could give us an insider advantage over the DaBears.

Doyle clears space for Ertz.  MAC takes Doyle's role as chain mover.

With the talk of giving up pick 21 and other picks, I am not a fan of even giving up pick 21 for Wentz. 

But this move I could get behind.

If that is true Ballard wants Wentz really bad. The twos are no big deal because we most likely trade back into the second with a late one. We actually would end up with a higher to then what we originally had.

What a gamble though. That could leave us with no CB if Rhodes signs elsehere. We could bring walker back and not miss much with Okereke.

Eaglss going t turn into the jets with former colt players.

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If that is true Ballard wants Wentz really bad. The twos are no big deal because we most likely trade back into the second with a late one. We actually would end up with a higher to then what we originally had.

What a gamble though. That could leave us with no CB if Rhodes signs elsehere. We could bring walker back and not miss much with Okereke.

Eaglss going t turn into the jets with former colt players.

The 2s are the big deal.  RYS, OKE, and Doyle are not.

Acquiring cheap players helps Philly stay competitive while they cut others to get under the cap,  if they can move Ertz too.

Archived