Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll - QB Preference (now that PR has officially retired) (merge)

EastStreet

Poll - QB Preference  

208 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current choice for QB

• Roll with Eason
    • Roll with JB
    • Unlock the Swag
    • Sign FA Fitzmagic
    • Sign FA Winston
    • Sign FA Trubisky
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Lance
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Wilson
    • Draft Mack with our 21st pic
    • Trade our 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up earlier in the 2nd to draft Trask
    • Use our 2nd round pick to draft Newman
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Stafford
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Carr
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Wentz
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Darnold
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Tua
    • Mortgage the future biggly, and trade our next three first round picks and next two to three 2nd round picks to get Watson.
    • Other - please list
  2. 2. Would you have preferred Rivers stayed one more year?

3. 3. How much faith and confidence do you have in Ballard to make the right call on QB?

• Blind faith, I have a picture of him in my house that I worship daily
    • Pretty confident
    • Not sure right now
    • Not a lot, but hoping for the best
    • Zero confidence

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2021 at 02:03 AM

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Tons of people are posting about Wentz to Bears so could be credible 

Trade 21 for Darnold. 

I would offer them a similar deal to Wentz, maybe 2022 3rd that can become a 2nd?

Offer them a young player or 2. The love them some Colts players.

6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Until Ballard actually finds a QB I am always going to question whether he is trying to be  cheap.  I can’t take a 5th QB in 2022 unless it’s the long term answer.

Chloe.....

Your personal Chris Ballard pendulum is going back and forth wildly.   Pro Chris Ballard then Anti Chris Ballard.   Positive CB then Negative CB.   I can almost set my watch to it.   I can’t write much here now...  I’m expecting another reversal from you any minute!    :thmup:

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I know. Like I said I am actually very ok with him competing to start. I just don’t want some mediocre vet that doesn’t advance the future. If that happens eason will be starting by week 3. 

Outside of Watson every vet available has some kind of flaw that might him “mediocre”

1 minute ago, w87r said:

I would offer them a similar deal to Wentz, maybe 2022 3rd that can become a 2nd?

Offer them a young player or 2. The love them some Colts players.

If I was trading for Wentz I could see this years 2nd and next years 3rd and maybe throw in Jack. Other than that not much else. Wentz has to prove it to me and I am sure prove to you guys in here he can be good again.

4 minutes ago, w87r said:

Kirk Cousins may still be an option.?

I don’t know what Minnesota would want, but I would hope so.

Its funny...   you name drop Cousins and it gets three laughing emoji’s in minutes.   But there are no better options.   Everyone here objects to all the possible candidates even though there’s no clear cut obvious choice.  

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@NFLfan would love for the Vikes to get rid of him. He is above average but I would take Carr over him.

Don't know if you've seen my breakdown of Stafford vs Cousins? I posted here in this thread I think. Cousins is better in just about every QB statistical category.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don’t know what Minnesota would want, but I would hope so.

Its funny...   you name drop Cousins and it gets three laughing emoji’s in minutes.   But there are no better options.   Everyone here objects to all the possible candidates even though there’s no clear cut obvious choice.  

I laughed because I thought of @NFLfan, I like Cousins.

23 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

This is what I have been saying and frankly what a lot of eagles fans have been saying the problem in Philadelphia is in the front office and I think it is Howie Roseman he wants too much control and has done terribly with the personnel control he has. He wanted control over the coaching staff picking who to hire and who to fire (At one point he wanted to fire Reich but Doug said no), his picks in the draft have been terrible I mean JJ Arcega-Whiteside the second round. Even players who didn't have a history of being disgruntled became disgruntled (Zach Ertz). Not to mention just signing players to bad contracts. 

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Colts will probably go out and sign a journeyman or Jacoby now before the draft. 

Between those two options, they'd definitely just roll with JB since he's already in the system.

I can't make any predictions. This is the most clouded I've ever felt during an offseason in terms of what will happen. 

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Colts will probably go out and sign a journeyman or Jacoby now before the draft. 

If we miss on Wentz (and looks like Foles), which is fine, my next man up is Trubisky.

Trubisky > Darnold.

Wouldn't impact Eason's development opportunities.  

4 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

This is what I have been saying and frankly what a lot of eagles fans have been saying the problem in Philadelphia is in the front office and I think it is Howie Roseman he wants too much control and has done terribly with the personnel control he has. He wanted control over the coaching staff picking who to hire and who to fire (At one point he wanted to fire Reich but Doug said no), his picks in the draft have been terrible I mean JJ Arcega-Whiteside the second round. Even players who didn't have a history of being disgruntled became disgruntled (Zach Ertz). Not to mention just signing players to bad contracts. 

Yeah.  Usually it seems that when a team fails, both the HC and GM get booted.  Odd that there has never been any chatter about Roseman being on the hot seat, even mildly.  Confusing.

Repost:

In just about every statical category Cousins was better than Stafford. So if so many wanted Stafford they should be jumping at the chance to get Cousins.

Stats comparisons:(career stats)

W/L record:

KC - 51-51-2(so much for being a loser)

MS - 74-90-1

Comp%:

KC - 67%

MS - 62.6%

TD/INT ratio:

KC - 190/84 - 2.26/1

MS - 282/144 - 1.96/1

QB rating:

KC - 97.9

MS - 89.9

INT rate:

KC - 2.3%

MS - 2.3%

Pro Bowls:(doesn't mean much)

KC - 2

MS - 1

Sack%:

KC - 5.5%

MS - 5.8%

TD%:

KC - 5.2%

MS - 4.5%

YPA:

KC - 7.7

MS - 7.7

YPG: (finally something he is better at)

KC - 260.3

MS - 273.4

So you(not nflfan) tell me, if everyone was so pumped about Stafford, why is Cousins not a good option?

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Repost:

In just about every statical category Cousins was better than Stafford. So if so many wanted Stafford they should be jumping at the chance to get Cousins.

Stats comparisons:(career stats)

W/L record:

KC - 51-51-2(so much for being a loser)

MS - 74-90-1

Comp%:

KC - 67%

MS - 62.6%

TD/INT ratio:

KC - 190/84 - 2.26/1

MS - 282/144 - 1.96/1

QB rating:

KC - 97.9

MS - 89.9

INT rate:

KC - 2.3%

MS - 2.3%

Pro Bowls:(doesn't mean much)

KC - 2

MS - 1

Sack%:

KC - 5.5%

MS - 5.8%

TD%:

KC - 5.2%

MS - 4.5%

YPA:

KC - 7.7

MS - 7.7

YPG: (finally something he is better at)

KC - 260.3

MS - 273.4

So you(not nflfan) tell me, if everyone was so pumped about Stafford, why is Cousins not a good option?

I think Cousins is above average and with our team he would do fine IMO. On paper stats and W/L's wise he is better than Carr in reality but by my eye test Carr is slightly better. The thing about Stafford was, he was on crappy teams for most of his career and still put up huge numbers. He had CJ for a while but that organization is terrible. Carr for the most part has been on bad teams as well. Minnesota has been a good all-around team for years, this season surprised me that they didn't make the playoffs.

13 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Between those two options, they'd definitely just roll with JB since he's already in the system.

I can't make any predictions. This is the most clouded I've ever felt during an offseason in terms of what will happen. 

I am probably ok with that because that means Eason will be starting fairly quick lol.

7 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Yeah.  Usually it seems that when a team fails, both the HC and GM get booted.  Odd that there has never been any chatter about Roseman being on the hot seat, even mildly.  Confusing.

And during their search it was stated that they were looking for a young coach that didn't want personnel control.

Honestly I feel bad for Sirianni because I don't think this story ends well for him in Philadelphia with all this uncertainty in the Front Office

Archived