Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll - QB Preference (now that PR has officially retired) (merge)

EastStreet

Poll - QB Preference  

208 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current choice for QB

• Roll with Eason
    • Roll with JB
    • Unlock the Swag
    • Sign FA Fitzmagic
    • Sign FA Winston
    • Sign FA Trubisky
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Lance
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Wilson
    • Draft Mack with our 21st pic
    • Trade our 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up earlier in the 2nd to draft Trask
    • Use our 2nd round pick to draft Newman
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Stafford
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Carr
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Wentz
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Darnold
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Tua
    • Mortgage the future biggly, and trade our next three first round picks and next two to three 2nd round picks to get Watson.
    • Other - please list
  2. 2. Would you have preferred Rivers stayed one more year?

3. 3. How much faith and confidence do you have in Ballard to make the right call on QB?

• Blind faith, I have a picture of him in my house that I worship daily
    • Pretty confident
    • Not sure right now
    • Not a lot, but hoping for the best
    • Zero confidence

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2021 at 02:03 AM

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If that is true Ballard wants Wentz really bad. The twos are no big deal because we most likely trade back into the second with a late one. We actually would end up with a higher to then what we originally had.

What a gamble though. That could leave us with no CB if Rhodes signs elsehere. We could bring walker back and not miss much with Okereke.

Eaglss going t turn into the jets with former colt players.

Eagles will never do it, they want two 1's from everything I have read.

21 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Wow....   if true, more than I thought Ballard would give up.  We'll find out next week. 

Not to concerned with the players, as I've pretty much been calling for Doyle's trade/release since December.

RYS is 1 of the "scrubs" @danlhart87 has been tired of seeing included in trade talks.

Oke, didn't play very well last year either. 

I would have an easier time supporting this move over a 1st +, for sure. Still not really wanting him though.

I do wonder if Ertz might be included in such a deal though?

Eagles would save $8m on Ertz get a cheaper TE in Doyle and 2 young cheap salaries to help with their cap situation.

All 3 of these players would still be less cap hit, than Ertz savings.

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not sure but didn't the Bears offer them two 1's? I thought I read that somewhere, maybe I didn't. With 41 pages of posts maybe I am wrong.

You mave indeed read that.   Doesn’t mean the report is true.   I’d be very skeptical of reports that claim to have insider knowledge like that.   Lots of stuff gets thrown around this time of year.

Just saying. 

6 minutes ago, w87r said:

Not to concerned with the players, as I've pretty much been calling for Doyle's trade/release since December.

RYS is 1 of the "scrubs" @danlhart87 has been tired of seeing.

Oke, didn't play very well last year either. 

I would have an easier time supporting this move over a 1st +, for sure. Still not really wanting him though.

I do wonder if Ertz might be included in such a deal though?

Eagles would save $8m on Ertz get a cheaper TE in Doyle and 2 young cheap salaries to help with their cap situation.

All 3 of these players would still be less cap hit, than Ertz savings.

Yes.  Exactly what I expressed on the previous page.  While Wentz carries risks and is not my favorite scenario, the value of this trade would make this a no brainer good trade for us.  

Wentz is basically on a two year deal for us.  If he stinks, its not like he stifles the progress of the team-build.

RYS can be replaced with a 3rd round corner, and OKE a 4th round ILB.  Or either by a mid value vet FA. 

Just now, DougDew said:

Yes.  Exactly what I expressed on the previous page.  While Wentz carries risks and is not my favorite scenario, the value of this trade would make this a no brainer good trade for us.  

Wentz is basically on a two year deal for us.  If he stinks, its not like he stifles the progress of the team-build.

RYS can be replaced with a 3rd round corner, and OKE a 4th round ILB.  Or either by a mid value vet FA. 

If we do it and get him without trading a 1 its a success 

I would not be surprised that Bobby O and/or RYS are included in whatever QB deal the Colts make

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Colts Twitter will go nuts if this is true lol. They are already laughing at it. 

This does seem out of the norm of something Ballard would do. But remembering that they have Gannon and nick in Phili so might make sense.

Isn’t Michael there too

5 minutes ago, DougDew said:

We can also try and bring Walker back too.

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

If we do it and get him without trading a 1 its a success 

It will probably end up essentially being a 1st though.

Like I said before, if we do this, the chance of Ballard trading back from #21 increases. I guess depending who falls but deal would probably be something like this:

Colts trade:

Colts rec:

Early 2021 2nd

2021 3rd or 4th(depending how far into the 2nd)

2022 2nd.

So the (2) seconds would kinda offset a little, although most likely a few slots higher(definitely this year) than they would've been other wise, plus an extra mid round pick.

But who knows maybe Ballard could turn #21 into 2021 2nd and 2022 1st depending who is on the board?

5 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Doug...   I think you’ve been in a toll for several days now.   Lots of good posts.   And I was with you on this post until the last paragraph.

I don’t think you use pick 34 on a corner, and if he doesn’t work out, think he can be replaced with a 3rd round corner which would be mid-80’s. 

And I don’t think you use pick 87 on a LB like Okereke and think he can be replaced with a 4th rounder which this year would be around the mid-120’s.  

Yiu might get lucky, but I think that’s all it would be. 

Just now, w87r said:

It will probably end up essentially being a 1st though.

Like I said before, if we do this, the chance of Ballard trading back from #21 increases. I guess depending who falls but deal would probably be something like this:

Colts trade:

Colts rec:

Early 2021 2nd

2021 3rd or 4th(depending how far into the 2nd)

2022 2nd.

So the (2) seconds would kinda offset a little, although most likely a few slots higher(definitely this year) than they would've been other wise, plus an extra mid round pick.

But who knows maybe Ballard could turn #21 into 2021 2nd and 2022 1st depending who is on the board?

I am not sure about a trade back with the need at OT

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

I am not sure about a trade back with the need at OT

All depends on who is there really. Ballard will want to replenish those picks.

If one of the top tackles is sitting there, he probably would not move down. I said depending on who is there though. Overall I think chances(trade back) increase though.

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don’t think you use pick 34 on a corner, and if he doesn’t work out, think he can be replaced with a 3rd round corner which would be mid-80’s. 

And I don’t think you use pick 87 on a LB like Okereke and think he can be replaced with a 4th rounder which this year would be around the mid-120’s.  

Isn't that what he said?

17 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Archived