Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Positive COVID test for Colts staff member (4 players held out of practice)

Dogg63

4 hours ago, chad72 said:

After Jarrad Davis and Matthew Stafford of the Lions tested positive, I wondered if any of the Colts players coming out of that Lions game would test positive. Fingers crossed that no positives happen.

Tyquan Lewis and Denico Autry are at the greatest risk. They were in Stafford's face all game long... 

5 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Going to be an interesting few days. I wonder if there's a possibility our game gets moved to Monday or Tuesday? 

i hope not.   At this point, it is still an advantage for the Colts.   Heck they are not moving the Packers/49rs game tonight.  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/05/four-colts-players-miss-practice-thursday-as-covid-19-precaution/

The Colts held a walkthrough practice and conducted virtual meetings Thursday after a team staffer tested positive for COVID-19.

Defensive tackle Sheldon Day, defensive lineman Tyquan Lewis, offensive guard Quenton Nelson and receiver Michael Pittman Jr. were listed as non-participants for “not-injury-related” reasons. Contact tracing determined they were close contacts but are not considered high risk, Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports.

• w87r changed the title to Positive COVID test for Colts staff member (4 players held out of practice)
14 hours ago, zibby43 said:

The NFL needs to stop the post-game hugs, daps, and handshakes between teams.

ACC forbids it.  It’s an easy thing to implement.  

honestly I'm not sure how it was allowed in the first place this season. I feel like it should've at least came up in some dicussions before the year started.....

1 hour ago, ReMeDy said:

Problem is the NFL already has a reputation of being the "no fun league," so that would be funny if dictator Roger Goodell bans all displays of affection. Offenders caught hugging will forfeit draft picks.

Under the circumstances I think you are over reacting. 

3 hours ago, bestQBever said:

honestly I'm not sure how it was allowed in the first place this season. I feel like it should've at least came up in some dicussions before the year started.....

I might be tripping, but I thought it was, first couple games barely anything, then it became common place again.

9 hours ago, Shive said:

Her account is locked down now but:

So apparently the positive test was a watergirl.

Is she Bobby Boucher's daughter? :) 

She spreads the love with good quality H2O. 

On a serious note, is that a HIPAA violation, to reveal who tested positive, without the person's consent?

9 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

Why the hate for the Colts water girl? Anyone know?

From what I can tell, there wasn't any follow-up or context provided. I doubt we'll hear anything more about that, although I expect it to be a question asked in the next media availability of Reich or Ballard.

19 hours ago, zibby43 said:

The NFL needs to stop the post-game hugs, daps, and handshakes between teams.

ACC forbids it.  It’s an easy thing to implement.  

It's odd, because I know they banned jersey swapping, but somehow after-game hugs, daps, etc. are fine?

I heard who ever was in contact with the staffer are not allowed to play Sunday because it’s to late in the week.  The ravens 7 players can get cleared Saturday though because it was earlier .   I saw this in the show Chris sims does there was a clip on YouTube just type in colts ravens Chris sims on YouTube . 

1 hour ago, coming on strong said:

Does this mean if the players were in contact with the staffer they have to go on the COVID list and sit out even if they test negative ? 

No, they weren't considered high risk contacts. That would of caused them to be gone 5 days. As long as they test negative next couple days they can play.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/06/colts-have-all-their-players-back-for-fridays-practice/

According to multiple reports, the Colts have defensive tackle Sheldon Day, defensive lineman Tyquan Lewis, wide receiver Michael Pittman Jr., and guard Quenton Nelson back in the building after a round of negative tests. They were found to be contacts of the infected part, but not the high-risk level of contact that would have required them to miss five days.

1 hour ago, w87r said:

No, they weren't considered high risk contacts. That would of caused them to be gone 5 days. As long as they test negative next couple days they can play.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/06/colts-have-all-their-players-back-for-fridays-practice/

According to multiple reports, the Colts have defensive tackle Sheldon Day, defensive lineman Tyquan Lewis, wide receiver Michael Pittman Jr., and guard Quenton Nelson back in the building after a round of negative tests. They were found to be contacts of the infected part, but not the high-risk level of contact that would have required them to miss five days.

Thank you 

On 11/6/2020 at 8:54 AM, chad72 said:

On a serious note, is that a HIPAA violation, to reveal who tested positive, without the person's consent?

I don't believe so. HIPAA applies to "covered entities," and that include health plans, most healthcare providers, and healthcare clearinghouses.  Wife of Colts DC isn't any of those. And she never really revealed her, in a sense.

Organizations that do not have to follow the government's privacy rule known as the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) include the following-

• Life insurers
  • Employers
  • Workers' compensation carriers
  • Most schools and school districts
  • Many state agencies, including child protective agencies
  • Most law enforcement agencies
  • Many municipal offices
  • Wife of fellow employee...   ;)

Archived