Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Jaguars Game Day, September 13, 2020

NFLfan

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

What is up with the illegal formations?

Folks not getting it right.  one time left a guard uncovered (must have eligible receiver on the LOS). The other time, the TE covered the guard, but a WR split out was also on the Line of scrimmage, and should have been back about a yard.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Just got done looking at PFF's top cornerbacks for the 2023 season.  Really coming around to adding LCB L'Jarius Sneed (Chiefs) in free agency.  Sneed finished off 2023 ranked 17th but he had help from Trent McDuffie who is another top slot cornerback that ranked 2nd only behind our very own Kenny Moore II.  McDuffie ended up finishing 14th whereas Moore ranked 10th best overall cornerback.  Bottom line if Sneed walks am hoping for the Colts to open up and pay him.  Guessing a 4-year 70M (17.5M APY) deal.   Looking at a bigger future picture we extend Kenny Moore until end of 2026 and hopefully can go after Lions Brian Branch to replace Moore in 2027.  In 2023, rookie Branch won the starting job as a slot corner and finished 12th best corner overall.  He was excellent in coverage allowed second-lowest target EPA -7.8 among rookies even being targeted second-most (30 targets).  Experience as safety showcased his run-stopping ability as he led all rookie defenders in run stop EPA -2.5 in the slot.  Coverage scores 76, pass rush score 72 and tackle score 81 with an overall 80 Slot score ranking 4th behind Trent McDuffie (2nd) another rookie and Kenny Moore (1st).
    • were they winning before Pat Mahomes arrived?  That’s what you mean right?    You do realize Chris Ballard was the director of operations when they were scouting Mahomes right? Brett Veach was the one to push it, and Ballard’s mentor John Dorsey was the gm that was ultimately responsible. Ballard was one that agreed with Veach on mahomes prior to his accepting the position here. So yes, Ballard was part of an organization that was setting up the future of Chiefs Super Bowl runs. Travis Kelce, Tyreek Hill, Marcus Peters, Chris Jones… all drafted with Ballard heavily involved.  We do know we have a qb. Anthony Richardson is better for this offense than any qb (lord knows we tried plenty) in the last three seasons. His and the colts success depends on his health and continued growth. 
    • See my above Post, it helps Hurts too, Philly is a well ran organization. KC and SF might be the only 2 that are ran better. I think the Colts are well ran, we just haven't had our Very Good or Great QB since Luck retired. Rivers was on the good level when we got him but old unfortunately. He gave us a punchers chance, 2020 season was fun. Minshew is above average = he far from stinks and plays good at times. He can even get a team to the playoffs (proved a lot to me this season) but we are not winning a SB with him and everyone knows it.
    • Yeah I actually had Hurts at #5 but put Purdy there based on he came a hair away from winning a SB. 49ers IMO have the best roster in football though, that helps him much like it helped Foles when he played for Philly. Philly was loaded with talent on their Lines.
    • I typed in Hurts but deleted it and put Purdy in  . We agree though on my concept. We need AR to get into that top 5ish because the QBs in the AFC are very good to great. Herbert may be great now with Harbaugh there? Stroud is Top 10.
  • Members