Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jordan Love is going into the draft

Just now, MPStack said:

Are you coming to your senses? 

I still think JB can be an above average QB and isn't as bad as people make him out to be. We have been in every game this season and have had several key injuries. Having said that I am not sold he can lead us to a SB. I actually never was sold on that. We should draft another QB just to see what happens. Love might be better than JB? We need another WR that can make plays down the field though regardless who the QB is.

• Like 1

I don’t think he is quite worth a mid 1st round pick which is where Indy will be drafting. Maybe if they traded back to the mid 20s and got him there while picking up extra high picks in the process. I don’t think he has the same skills as Mahomes or is thought of as highly as Patrick was coming out. 

7 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I don’t think he is quite worth a mid 1st round pick which is where Indy will be drafting. Maybe if they traded back to the mid 20s and got him there while picking up extra high picks in the process. I don’t think he has the same skills as Mahomes or is thought of as highly as Patrick was coming out. 

How much of Mahomes hype was because he had a famous father. Not that he wasn’t good but I am sure that might be part of why he got more attention.

18 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

This is a new highlight video posted yesterday. You can see the Mahomes similarities. It really does leave you wanting to see him on the colts. Colts have bad luck and will probably miss out. 

I know this is a highlight video but it's almost 7 minutes long and every throw with the exception of one at the end were all deep throws.  He needs to make all of the throws in the NFL not just the deep throws.   Hopefully he can but you don't see it here.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I know this is a highlight video but it's almost 7 minutes long and every throw with the exception of one at the end were all deep throws.  He needs to make all of the throws in the NFL not just the deep throws.   Hopefully he can but you don't see it here.  

I can post more. I think I seen some with the intermediate throws. Let me look.

30 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

How much of Mahomes hype was because he had a famous father. Not that he wasn’t good but I am sure that might be part of why he got more attention.

I don’t think Mahomes father was famous.   He may have been an athlete but I don’t think famous would be the right word for him. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I'm pretty sure MOST people had no idea Mahomes father was a MLB pitcher until it was said when he was drafted. The kid had serious arm talent in both baseball and football, and that's what caught the "professionals" attention. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

I'm pretty sure MOST people had no idea Mahomes father was a MLB pitcher until it was said when he was drafted. The kid had serious arm talent in both baseball and football, and that's what caught the "professionals" attention. 

So did Kaepernick :burnout::peek:

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

I posted this the other day. This one shows a much bigger variety of throws. Plus this is against a much bigger school in Michigan State.

Thank you.  This video is much better showing a variety of throws like you said.  He had some wide open misses in this one but I can see why Ballard likes him.  He does remind me of Mahomes too.  The team I'm worried about jumping in front of us is the Patriots assuming Ballard wants a QB.  I can see a run on QB's as usual this year so if Ballard is serious he might have to move up and not take the risk of somebody else doing it.   

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Love the enthusiasm but why would Joe Brady leave LSU to come to Indy. 

More accurate- Love+ Reich+ House= Best Learning situation possible. 

Accuracy isn't really his problem, in fact he's pretty accurate, especially deep. It's the decision making that needs work, and his footwork needs to be fine-tuned. 

As far as that highlight vid, there's several on YouTube showing him making great NFL level throws. I think his Soph film is a better indicator of what you're getting at the NFL level, he had better coaching and better talent around him and he had an amazing year; the talent would only be better in Indy. This is the perfect landing spot for a young QB. All we need is to add a dynamic WR, and maybe a playmaking TE and the line will give him time to develop and utilize all of the weapons. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

the way i remember it is mahomes wasnt all that hyped, there were like two teams that were high on him

analysts were pretty split on both him and watson, some said they were mid first round picks and some thought they were busts 

3 minutes ago, twfish said:

I'm getting a feeling his stock is going to rise tremendously especially post combine. We may not be able to get him staying where we are at. 

If we want him, or Herbert, we can get them. Using our 1st and one of our seconds, we can move up to 4 or 5 (as it stands right now).

Ballard is going to have a big decision to make if there is a DT that falls to us. Does he move up to get a QB or take the stud defensive player. Maybe that becomes easier if we get a DT in FA. Or what if that DE falls to us. This is going to be a really hard decision for him. Those are two stud defensive players we might not ever be in a position to get again. There is also a chance no one wants to trade with us also because they want someone that high.

If he's looked at as a future franchise QB, he'll go top 10 before draft day finishes.  Josh Allen was raw, probably was a bit more physical, but small school QBs are drafted high too.

Love is probably more accurate than Allen.

Teams will know that we are interested.  Ballard is going to probably have to trade up a few spots no matter where our slot is because he has to figure another team will want to trade up ahead of us, so we can't just stand pat.

• Like 1

I love it. I hope it was Ballard that made him declare at least in part. :76evil:

This at least gives us a chance to get him. IMO had he transferred to Oklahoma and played one more year he would have been out of our range next year. 

It's time for Ballard to earn his money now. 

• Like 4

Will they be able to pull the trigger on a guy like Love over Isaiah Simmons or Derrick Brown? Those guys look like game changers on the defensive side. I'd be content either way, but they have to take a WR in the 2nd, gotta have more weapons. I've seen mocks with them taking Swift in the 1st, and idk about that. The dude's a beast, a do it all back, but it's hard to justify when we have needs at QB, DT, and OL among others. 

15 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I think there is more in that Utah State vs Wake Forest game video to glean from where he threw underneath plenty

2019 vs Wake Forest (a game Utah State lost, I think)

2019 vs Fresno State

2018 vs Michigan State

2 hours ago, stitches said:

I love it. I hope it was Ballard that made him declare at least in part. :76evil:

This at least gives us a chance to get him. IMO had he transferred to Oklahoma and played one more year he would have been out of our range next year. 

It's time for Ballard to earn his money now. 

^^^This - after an average statistical season and being from Utah State helps him get to our mid first round range. He also feels that gives him a shot to go to a team with enough talent on its roster to be able to make a difference of a few games. 

7 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Love the enthusiasm but why would Joe Brady leave LSU to come to Indy. 

More accurate- Love+ Reich+ House= Best Learning situation possible. 

Bc being the QB Coach on a NFL team making a lot more money would further his career... 

I know alot if people think Love will have to sit behind JB but I dont think he is that bad. the situation honestly is pretty good for him or any rookie to start i mean a top 5 O line and and topWR in TY plus a possible 1st or 2nd round WR joining him next year not to mention th D is pretty good as well