Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jordan Love is going into the draft

45 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I know alot if people think Love will have to sit behind JB but I dont think he is that bad. the situation honestly is pretty good for him or any rookie to start i mean a top 5 O line and and topWR in TY plus a possible 1st or 2nd round WR joining him next year not to mention th D is pretty good as well 

It wouldn’t surprise me if he won the job in camp. You just have to tread carefully with how much Jacoby is loved by his team mates. Herbert seems really mature and could probably start right away.

I waffle every week on JB.  I get emotional after every game and I probably place to much blame on him this year. Sitting back, I think they will give him one more year. Offensively, I would love to see Smith move to guard and use the cap money to go after a RT.  They need another wr and te that had play making ability. Ebron is gone and I think we really see why Detroit let him go. They need young DT's in a bad way.  Start putting consistent pressure on the qbs and mayb the secondary will not b left so exposed. This team had to many needs to move up in the draft and waste picks. 

On 12/11/2019 at 11:12 AM, DougDew said:

If he's looked at as a future franchise QB, he'll go top 10 before draft day finishes.  Josh Allen was raw, probably was a bit more physical, but small school QBs are drafted high too.

Love is probably more accurate than Allen.

Teams will know that we are interested.  Ballard is going to probably have to trade up a few spots no matter where our slot is because he has to figure another team will want to trade up ahead of us, so we can't just stand pat.

If there is a plus side to this season, it's that we're not that far out from top 10 status now. Obviously a lot to be decided in these last 3 games, but as it stands now(looking at how much Buffalo gave up to make that move) Colts would probably have to give their 1st, a 3rd, and their second 2nd round pick. Atlanta, NYJ, and Arizona all seem like teams to make the move with. 

On 12/11/2019 at 9:53 PM, teagenb_aggie1 said:

If you want a larger sample size of Jordan Love, here is a great video!

He is making quick decisions and laying the ball away from the defender on so many of those downfield throws. I like his nerve to do that.
 It is all between the ears in the NFL.
 Is he Rosen, Mariotta ish? That is the question for draft slotting.

33 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

He is making quick decisions and laying the ball away from the defender on so many of those downfield throws. I like his nerve to do that.
 It is all between the ears in the NFL.
 Is he Rosen, Mariotta ish? That is the question for draft slotting.

If he at all has tendencies of Mariota or Rosen, we need to pass hard on him. I still view him as a raw version of Aaron Rodgers. He will need a good year to sit and learn before making an impact. 

On 12/11/2019 at 6:53 PM, teagenb_aggie1 said:

If you want a larger sample size of Jordan Love, here is a great video!

The first throw he made between two defenders is the type of throw that will make you a starting Quarterback in the NFL. The kid has a rocket arm as well. 

It’s a pipe dream to think Jordan Love will fall out of the second round. Teams are going to look at the upside and talent no matter if he is ready to start or not. Will he go in the top 10? No! Will he go in the 11-19 range? It’s a strong possibly. I don’t think he goes lower than 19 in my opinion. 

22 minutes ago, DownHillRunner said:

The first throw he made between two defenders is the type of throw that will make you a starting Quarterback in the NFL. The kid has a rocket arm as well. 

It’s a pipe dream to think Jordan Love will fall out of the second round. Teams are going to look at the upside and talent no matter if he is ready to start or not. Will he go in the top 10? No! Will he go in the 11-19 range? It’s a strong possibly. I don’t think he goes lower than 19 in my opinion. 

By the time the draft process ends, top 10 wouldn't be out of the question.  Depends how Tua/Herbert/Fromm/Eason rise/fall during process as well.  I think things are looking like Jordan Love as a big riser.  How far remains to be seen.

54 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

If he at all has tendencies of Mariota or Rosen, we need to pass hard on him. I still view him as a raw version of Aaron Rodgers. He will need a good year to sit and learn before making an impact. 

Agree. And i too tried to project what i was seeing to a little bit of AR.
And to think Rogers sat 3 seasons. I would love to see our next QB have Rogers pocket awareness, movement. Rogers has some magic there. lol

On 12/13/2019 at 2:18 PM, DarkHorseColts said:

IDK who #87 is for Utah State, but that catch he made at the 4:00 mark was incredible...

#87 is Caleb Repp. He was a transfer from Utah Utes that played Tight End in High School but switched to Defensive end at Utah. He transferred to Utah State this year and we played him at tight end like he should have been playing all along! He had 455 yards and 4 TD's. He has crazy athleticism and that one hand catch against Boise made Sportscenter #1 that week!

In addition, #80 in the film is Siaosi Mariner and he was also a transfer from Utah that only played this season. He was Love's go to this season and hauled in 874 yards and 8 TDs! He was even injured for a game or two as well. If the colts need a free agent snag TE or late round/free agent WR, I think Caleb Repp and Siaosi Mariner would be great gets for the Colts! Plus, they have playing with Love, so if you get one of them, they already have played with Love at USU.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/3912574/caleb-repp

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4361016/siaosi-mariner

• Like 1