Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Take a deep breath y'all. These two teams will be tied next week

NorthernBlue

17 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

All fair. It would be the right thing to do in seeing how well or if it’s the same when DF, PC and TY are all on together but does the team have the luxury to see what JB does with luxury talent vs avg guys? Idk. My only question is regardless of who is in, can he scan the field or is he a 1-2 read QB? 

as for Kelly, I’m afraid you’re right. Going to take a few bad outings and a dive in the standings or an “injury” to see Kelly. I’d sure like to see if Kelly has the ability to look around and be better in progressions than what JB has shown. 

The thing is every year there are injuries. It's awesome if he is successful with a fully strengthened WR group. But you need to be good enough to go without. This team has other options that he just doesn't seem to look at. 

Just like a guy who passes way too much, not passing enough really hinders you. JB never found a rhythm all game long because we never pass or he never passes. 

It is a bit frustrating. I'm hoping if we officially get eliminated from the playoffs that they throw CK in and we can see what we have against "real" nfl talent. If he balls out the last 2-3 games of the season, at that point, an argument can be made that he deserves to compete against JB for starting QB. CK has the talent of a first round QB in the draft. He scared everyone off with his behavior. 

Either way, this team is in a good position. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, coltsva said:

Bottom line is if the Colts go 10-6, losing only to one of the NFC south teams, they will make the playoffs. If they lose 2 games and go 9-7, they simply aren't consistent enough and don't deserve to get in.

This. ^

Furthermore, when Luck retired in August, if someone told us we would end up going 10-6 and not lose any games by more than 7 points, I think we would be thrilled.  We quickly forget how often this team was blown out during the Pagano/Grigson era.   

The truth is that the fan base is going through withdrawal pains.  The addiction was having an elite QB for 20 years.  It got us one Super Bowl title.

Einstein stated that insanity was born from doing the same thing over again and expecting different results.  Lofty offensive stats by Colt players won many fantasy leagues, but they didn't lead to sustained success in the post season. Ballard and Reich are building this team the right way - we just have to get used to having a complete team for a change instead of expecting an elite QB to carry the team.

With the toxic atmosphere on this forum, there has been a sharp drop in insightful posts and I haven't posted as much.  I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to break down your projections on teams in the playoff hunt.   It was appreciated.        

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, BigQungus said:

No we didn't. Head to head we split it, meaning it goes to division games now. if Houston loses to Tennessee at least once, and we beat the Jaguars, then we'll have the tiebreaker

All that means is TN is back in the picture If they beat Houston. I guess If we can find a way to beat them next week that could help. With the colts luck Houston will probably beat NE.

On 11/22/2019 at 3:52 PM, Chloe6124 said:

All that means is TN is back in the picture If they beat Houston. I guess If we can find a way to beat them next week that could help. With the colts luck Houston will probably beat NE.

No it doesn't, it means that we didn't lose the tiebreaker, so we aren't done. Tennessee isn't a threat and won't be in the picture if we beat them next week

On 11/22/2019 at 5:38 AM, Mr.Debonair said:

Have you watched the Bengals, even just highlights? They are not beating the Steelers. That schedule for them is set up nicely.

Raiders arent losing to the Jets.

I get it you want to be as optimistic as possible but, you need to be more realistic also

Steelers almost lost.  Raiders got destroyed. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think we are better off not making the playoffs. We aren’t winning a SB anyway. It will give us a much better draft position. 

with our lack of receivers i am not sure if we win any more this season, unless we can really dominate on the ground or our defense can shut them down

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think we are better off not making the playoffs. We aren’t winning a SB anyway. It will give us a much better draft position. 

Are we really starting this again? I'm sure glad the 2011 Giants didn't think this way the year they went 9-7 and beat the Patriots n the Super Bowl.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/22/2019 at 3:17 PM, MarylandTerrapin said:

This. ^

Furthermore, when Luck retired in August, if someone told us we would end up going 10-6 and not lose any games by more than 7 points, I think we would be thrilled.  We quickly forget how often this team was blown out during the Pagano/Grigson era.   

The truth is that the fan base is going through withdrawal pains.  The addiction was having an elite QB for 20 years.  It got us one Super Bowl title.

Einstein stated that insanity was born from doing the same thing over again and expecting different results.  Lofty offensive stats by Colt players won many fantasy leagues, but they didn't lead to sustained success in the post season. Ballard and Reich are building this team the right way - we just have to get used to having a complete team for a change instead of expecting an elite QB to carry the team.

With the toxic atmosphere on this forum, there has been a sharp drop in insightful posts and I haven't posted as much.  I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to break down your projections on teams in the playoff hunt.   It was appreciated.        

It wasn’t about relying on the quarterback. It was about the quarterback NEEDING to be relied on, especially in the postseason. Manning had a running game till about midway into the 2007 season but never again after and Luck never had one until last year. Add that into the fact that Manning had a good defense only a handful of times and Luck didn’t until last year, you get why there was only one Super Bowl win between both of them.

Elite QB’s are the only ones playing and winning Super Bowl’s for the most part so you still very much need one. They get you wins in the regular season that you wouldn’t win with a mid or low tier QB which can mean the difference between having homefield advantage vs. being a wildcard team. Yes, there’s the Foles and Flacco exceptions but otherwise, it’s been all top-tier QBs playing in and winning the Super Bowl.

At the end of the day, a team needs to have a top-tier QB to have a shot each and every year. Otherwise, you’re heavily relying on the rest of your roster to be great from top to bottom to win a championship. And history has shown that this happens very rarely.

• Like 1

I was just thinking that whoever wins against the chiefs and raiders it helps the colts. Anyone know who has the tiebreak with KC and Oakland if they split games. We are actually in good shape if Oakland wins the division or if KC wins that game.  Oakland has the formula to beat them with that oline and run game. We just need to beat TN. We aren’t in that bad of shape if we do. Hodges starting at Qb will be interesting to see if he gives the Steelers a spark . We very easily could be back in that 6th seed after Sunday. Matter of fact if the Texans lose we are back in the division lead because we will have a better division record for the moment with the Texans.

9 minutes ago, DownHillRunner said:

More like "hold your breath" Our RB1 WR1 are out of the lineup. Our WR2 hasn't seen the field since week 3. 

Don’t forget Campbell only playing what 5 games. The amount games lost to injury is ridiculous. We survived the defensive injuries really well. We need to work on our offense how and hope next year guys stay healthy.