Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Take a deep breath y'all. These two teams will be tied next week

NorthernBlue

4 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Yes I hated the conservative play calling, and the garbage non review at the end too, but whatever. The game is over. Let's move on.

Let's not act like Houston just won the division. By all means they should have won this game like 8 times out of 10. Colts are banged up and Houston has the better QB, plus road teams are historically awful on the short Thursday night. 

Houston will probably lose to the Patriots. I trust Reich will come up with a viable game plan to beat Tennessee in 10 days.  By then both teams will be 7-5 and the Colts will be ahead with a better division record (albeit the Texans haven't played as many division games).

I'm gonna do what I did after the Dolphins loss and just stay off the forum for like 5 days, just to avoid the hot takes haha. But before I do, I just want to tip my cap off to Watson and Hopkins. I hate them and their stupid team but I respect em. They're quiet good at that Football thing.

Congrats Texans. You only beat us when we make questionable 4th down decisions anyways. 

Texans have a much easier schedule down the stretch.  Not looking good for a Indy.  Likely will be on the outside looking in.  Botched easy stretch of schedule will cost them a playoff spot. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I don't think the season is over by any means, but it's an uphill battle for sure. Texans have the Pats, sure, but we have 3 of our last 5 on the road. 

My way too early prediction is that we lose one of the away games at Tenn or Jax, and probably to the Saints.

The Tn game is a home game.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Yes I hated the conservative play calling, and the garbage non review at the end too, but whatever. The game is over. Let's move on.

Let's not act like Houston just won the division. By all means they should have won this game like 8 times out of 10. Colts are banged up and Houston has the better QB, plus road teams are historically awful on the short Thursday night. 

Houston will probably lose to the Patriots. I trust Reich will come up with a viable game plan to beat Tennessee in 10 days.  By then both teams will be 7-5 and the Colts will be ahead with a better division record (albeit the Texans haven't played as many division games).

I'm gonna do what I did after the Dolphins loss and just stay off the forum for like 5 days, just to avoid the hot takes haha. But before I do, I just want to tip my cap off to Watson and Hopkins. I hate them and their stupid team but I respect em. They're quiet good at that Football thing.

Congrats Texans. You only beat us when we make questionable 4th down decisions anyways. 

Unfortunately...HOU now controls their own destiny for the AFCS. Colts need to run the table AND have HOU lose twice. That's a tall order for both sides of that coin.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, shastamasta said:

Unfortunately...HOU now controls their own destiny for the AFCS. Colts need to run the table AND have HOU lose twice. That's a tall order for both sides of that coin.

Not true. If the Colts run the table they only need Houston to lose 1 divisional game.

My projection of all teams still fighting for spots, giving Pats and Ravens divisional titles. I've eliminated teams that already have 7 losses, as I'm assuming 10-6 is needed to make the playoffs. To me, this is how Colts make the playoffs.

Colts(6-5) - Titans, at Bucs, at Saints, Panthers, At Jags

Need to win two remaining divisional games, and 2/3 from NFC south. For arguments sake, let's say they do.

Projected 10-6

Houston(7-4) - Pats, Broncos, at Titans, at Bucs, Titans

Loss to Pats, one of the Titans games.

Projected 10-6 (Colts win divisional tiebreaker)

Raiders(6-4) - at Jets, at Chiefs, Titans, Jags, at Chargers, at Broncos

After next Sunday (Dec 1), Raiders or Chiefs will be up to 5 losses. Raiders could be at 6. The Jets are going to be a tough game for teams down the stretch.

Losses to Jets, Chiefs, Titans

Projected 9-7, or 10-6 if they beat the Chiefs.

Chiefs(7-4) - Raiders, at Pats, Broncos, at Bears, Chargers.

This is a tough schedule. Good chance if they lose to the Raiders, they will miss the playoffs.

Losses to Pats, possibly one other.

11-5, or 10-6 if they lose to Raiders.

Bills(7-3) - Broncos, at Cowboys, Ravens, at Steelers, at Patriots, Jets

Sorry, but the Bills are a 9-7 team, even with one of the easiest schedules in the league. They may beat the Broncos and Steelers, but I could see them losing the other four games.

Losses to Cowboys, Ravens, Patriots,

Projected 10-6 at best. More likely to be 9-7.

Steelers(5-5) - at Bengals, Browns, at Cardinals, Bills, at Jets, at Ravens

If the Steelers go 8-8 it will be a miracle. They'll probably lose to the Bengals this week.

Projected 8-8 at best.

Titans(5-5) - Jags, at Colts, at Raiders, Texans, Saints, at Texans

Goodnight Titans with this schedule. If they get in, they will have earned it. At the very least, they'll be a big factor in deciding who gets in and who doesn't.

Lots of possibilities. This team can go 6-10 or 10-6. Titans are the key team in the AFC playoff race.

Projected 8-8

Browns(4-6) - Dolphins, at Steelers, Bengals, at Cardinals, Ravens, at Bengals

I can see them getting to 7-6 and thinking they have a shot. But at that point, they lose 2/3 at the end.

Projected 8-8

Jags(4-6) - at Titans, Bucs, Chargers, at Raiders, at Falcons, Colts

Not happening. They'll be out after this week.

Projected 5-11. Jags are still the Jags.

Bottom line is if the Colts go 10-6, losing only to one of the NFC south teams, they will make the playoffs. If they lose 2 games and go 9-7, they simply aren't consistent enough and don't deserve to get in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

They did just win the division they have a passing game that atleast isn't trash ours is trash gameplan was garbage and I will get backlash for this but Brissett will never be anything more than a good backup.

• Like 1

I really love the way the defense is playing.  A blown coverage away from a win.  They are getting better every week.  It's the offense that's holding us back.  We really need Funchess to come back and be a factor.  A little contribution from Campbell as well.  If that happens we will make it and if we get in anything can happen.  

I have been a JB supporter throughout this year, but I am starting to lose faith in his abilities. The waiting for his guys to get open is a big deal, because in the NFL, if you dont throw it where your WR is going to be open, your window of opportunity is already gone by the time you see it unfold. 

JB doesn't seem to have Anticipation of his WRs coming open. Everything else is at an acceptable level. His Pocket awareness is good enough. Hes hard to bring down. He brings a real definition of the term "Lazer, Rocket arm" to the table. He can scramble. Hes overall safe with the ball. 

All these things dont matter if you're missing your windows of opportunity. JB doesn't trust himself to make that throw. Hes playing scared of the interception, and its hindering his progress. You gotta sling it to see the progression of the play in real time. 

Frank Reich has to know this is happening. I'm not going to say JB cant get better in this area. But I'm losing faith that he can. We will know over the next year and a half. I would be fine with drafting a guy and letting him sit behind JB for a year. Theres no way Ballard is content with the level of QB play when hes constantly evaluating the roster. 

Houston will always give us fits. And it's going to be interesting in a couple years with a proven run game and defense then add a better QB whoever that may be... this team is still going to be in prime position in 2 years. All last night did we tell me the Colts arent ready. The defense has some real play makers on it for once. Kenny Moore is an absolute beast. I was just discussing with my father the thought of having Freeney and Mathis on this defense. Like holy crap. Theres 2 more drafts where we can get more pass rushers. Our potential franchise QB, another stud WR and a RT (Smith needs to go back to G) If anything Ballard is showing he can stack talent. Ballard may be just using Brissett as a 2 year rental. And why not? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, coltsva said:

My projection of all teams still fighting for spots, giving Pats and Ravens divisional titles. I've eliminated teams that already have 7 losses, as I'm assuming 10-6 is needed to make the playoffs. To me, this is how Colts make the playoffs.

Colts(6-5) - Titans, at Bucs, at Saints, Panthers, At Jags

Need to win two remaining divisional games, and 2/3 from NFC south. For arguments sake, let's say they do.

Projected 10-6

Houston(7-4) - Pats, Broncos, at Titans, at Bucs, Titans

Loss to Pats, one of the Titans games.

Projected 10-6 (Colts win divisional tiebreaker)

Raiders(6-4) - at Jets, at Chiefs, Titans, Jags, at Chargers, at Broncos

After next Sunday (Dec 1), Raiders or Chiefs will be up to 5 losses. Raiders could be at 6. The Jets are going to be a tough game for teams down the stretch.

Losses to Jets, Chiefs, Titans

Projected 9-7, or 10-6 if they beat the Chiefs.

Chiefs(7-4) - Raiders, at Pats, Broncos, at Bears, Chargers.

This is a tough schedule. Good chance if they lose to the Raiders, they will miss the playoffs.

Losses to Pats, possibly one other.

11-5, or 10-6 if they lose to Raiders.

Bills(7-3) - Broncos, at Cowboys, Ravens, at Steelers, at Patriots, Jets

Sorry, but the Bills are a 9-7 team, even with one of the easiest schedules in the league. They may beat the Broncos and Steelers, but I could see them losing the other four games.

Losses to Cowboys, Ravens, Patriots,

Projected 10-6 at best. More likely to be 9-7.

Steelers(5-5) - at Bengals, Browns, at Cardinals, Bills, at Jets, at Ravens

If the Steelers go 8-8 it will be a miracle. They'll probably lose to the Bengals this week.

Projected 8-8 at best.

Titans(5-5) - Jags, at Colts, at Raiders, Texans, Saints, at Texans

Goodnight Titans with this schedule. If they get in, they will have earned it. At the very least, they'll be a big factor in deciding who gets in and who doesn't.

Lots of possibilities. This team can go 6-10 or 10-6. Titans are the key team in the AFC playoff race.

Projected 8-8

Browns(4-6) - Dolphins, at Steelers, Bengals, at Cardinals, Ravens, at Bengals

I can see them getting to 7-6 and thinking they have a shot. But at that point, they lose 2/3 at the end.

Projected 8-8

Jags(4-6) - at Titans, Bucs, Chargers, at Raiders, at Falcons, Colts

Not happening. They'll be out after this week.

Projected 5-11. Jags are still the Jags.

Bottom line is if the Colts go 10-6, losing only to one of the NFC south teams, they will make the playoffs. If they lose 2 games and go 9-7, they simply aren't consistent enough and don't deserve to get in.

Have you watched the Bengals, even just highlights? They are not beating the Steelers. That schedule for them is set up nicely.

Raiders arent losing to the Jets.

I get it you want to be as optimistic as possible but, you need to be more realistic also

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jameszeigler834 said:

They did just win the division they have a passing game that atleast isn't trash ours is trash gameplan was garbage and I will get backlash for this but Brissett will never be anything more than a good backup.

1 hour ago, jameszeigler834 said:

We wont even beat titans next week with this trash passing game.

James, do you work for Waste Management? :lol:

9 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Texans have a much easier schedule down the stretch.  Not looking good for a Indy.  Likely will be on the outside looking in.  Botched easy stretch of schedule will cost them a playoff spot. 

No they do not. It is very similar actually. By all mean be vexed by last nights debacle, but don't make stuff up to fuel your disappointment. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

I honestly think this is a 50/50 share of blame. JB isn’t going to be confused for Manning but he isn’t Ryan Leaf either. I’m not even sure who his comparable is at this point because I can’t say I recall watching another QB like this. Saying that, what coordinator is incapable of building schemes to fit their players? A really good one will adapt to what they have and this team has seen JB play enough by now to know what they have. Lack of PA pass while murdering the opposition with the run is mind boggling. Not throwing to Doyle over the short to medium range in the middle of the field was also mind boggling. Trusting that your QB is finally going to connect on a deep pass when your game is on the line near the end is just stupid when he hasn’t shown he can do it all game long. Coaching decisions are borderline terminating type offenses in this league. I just can’t understand their logic this year. 

56 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

I have been a JB supporter throughout this year, but I am starting to lose faith in his abilities. The waiting for his guys to get open is a big deal, because in the NFL, if you dont throw it where your WR is going to be open, your window of opportunity is already gone by the time you see it unfold. 

JB doesn't seem to have Anticipation of his WRs coming open. Everything else is at an acceptable level. His Pocket awareness is good enough. Hes hard to bring down. He brings a real definition of the term "Lazer, Rocket arm" to the table. He can scramble. Hes overall safe with the ball. 

All these things dont matter if you're missing your windows of opportunity. JB doesn't trust himself to make that throw. Hes playing scared of the interception, and its hindering his progress. You gotta sling it to see the progression of the play in real time. 

Frank Reich has to know this is happening. I'm not going to say JB cant get better in this area. But I'm losing faith that he can. We will know over the next year and a half. I would be fine with drafting a guy and letting him sit behind JB for a year. Theres no way Ballard is content with the level of QB play when hes constantly evaluating the roster. 

Houston will always give us fits. And it's going to be interesting in a couple years with a proven run game and defense then add a better QB whoever that may be... this team is still going to be in prime position in 2 years. All last night did we tell me the Colts arent ready. The defense has some real play makers on it for once. Kenny Moore is an absolute beast. I was just discussing with my father the thought of having Freeney and Mathis on this defense. Like holy crap. Theres 2 more drafts where we can get more pass rushers. Our potential franchise QB, another stud WR and a RT (Smith needs to go back to G) If anything Ballard is showing he can stack talent. Ballard may be just using Brissett as a 2 year rental. And why not? 

I have highlighted an area that feels spot on about JB and I agree with most everything you put in here. Nice post. 

the one thing we may differ in is if we can agree that JB is just what he looks like at this point and his ceiling isn’t much above what we are seeing, I’d really like to just take a look at Kelly during live fire and see what, if anything at all, we have with him. You would think at the VERY LEAST, Kelly could sink and dunk equally as well as JB has with the ability to go vertical. Even if you pull the risky vertical away from Kelly and just say dunk and dunk, he gives you the speed from his feet. The possible plus side if you say go play your game, is he able to throw a guy open and can he do that safely enough without being too high risk with the ball? 

im not advocating that Kelly is the answer or anything remotely like that, I’m at the point though that I feel this team is stuck in the mid with JB and we don’t go far with him, regardless if the coaches can build better plans or not because he can’t seem to anticipate his throws deep. Kelly May or may not but let’s look at the kid and either check boxes or know that he is just another qb in this league. Idk 

dang you Luck for pulling out of this team like you did. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NannyMcafee said:

What extremely thoughtful posts by you and Pallo after such a tough loss. 
  Colts FANS!  :1colts:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

I honestly think this is a 50/50 share of blame. JB isn’t going to be confused for Manning but he isn’t Ryan Leaf either. I’m not even sure who his comparable is at this point because I can’t say I recall watching another QB like this. Saying that, what coordinator is incapable of building schemes to fit their players? A really good one will adapt to what they have and this team has seen JB play enough by now to know what they have. Lack of PA pass while murdering the opposition with the run is mind boggling. Not throwing to Doyle over the short to medium range in the middle of the field was also mind boggling. Trusting that your QB is finally going to connect on a deep pass when your game is on the line near the end is just stupid when he hasn’t shown he can do it all game long. Coaching decisions are borderline terminating type offenses in this league. I just can’t understand their logic this year. 

I have highlighted an area that feels spot on about JB and I agree with most everything you put in here. Nice post. 

the one thing we may differ in is if we can agree that JB is just what he looks like at this point and his ceiling isn’t much above what we are seeing, I’d really like to just take a look at Kelly during live fire and see what, if anything at all, we have with him. You would think at the VERY LEAST, Kelly could sink and dunk equally as well as JB has with the ability to go vertical. Even if you pull the risky vertical away from Kelly and just say dunk and dunk, he gives you the speed from his feet. The possible plus side if you say go play your game, is he able to throw a guy open and can he do that safely enough without being too high risk with the ball? 

im not advocating that Kelly is the answer or anything remotely like that, I’m at the point though that I feel this team is stuck in the mid with JB and we don’t go far with him, regardless if the coaches can build better plans or not because he can’t seem to anticipate his throws deep. Kelly May or may not but let’s look at the kid and either check boxes or know that he is just another qb in this league. Idk 

dang you Luck for pulling out of this team like you did. 

I'm not a fan of Andrew's methods either. 

Idk if JB has reached his ceiling or not. I'm willing to see if he can improve by the end of this year. If he doesn't I will personally write him off as not franchise material. He knows the playbook. He knows the team. There wasnt a lot going against his success with this team. But not being able to push it down field in certain games like when you're injured (every year?) Isnt good enough to be this franchise's QB. 

As for Kelly I'd love to see what he can do. He seems to have some real talent at the QB position. I'm afraid unless this team goes 8-8 JB will also take all the snaps next year. 

• Like 2

That was one crazy looking brace JB was wearing.  I think if he was 100% he makes that 1st down at the end of the game as well as his passing game being more accurate.  He and TY weren't 100%.  Lucky if they were 80% and those two are our key playmakers on offense.  And if it wasn't for blown coverage we probably would have won.  Still a long way to go with ten days rest coming up and Funchess returns.  It can still happen.

1 hour ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Have you watched the Bengals, even just highlights? They are not beating the Steelers. That schedule for them is set up nicely.

Raiders arent losing to the Jets.

I get it you want to be as optimistic as possible but, you need to be more realistic also

So by realistic,  I guess you mean

base everything on the favorite winning every game? Doesn’t happen in this league. 

The Steelers are awful, and this will be the Bengals super bowl, so to speak. 

The Jets are getting their act together just in time to screw up their draft order. 

Outside of NE and Baltimore, the AFC is loaded with mediocrity. 

Im not saying all this will happen, but I am saying it’s very possible. 

I don't think Texans are that great, especially with the players that were out yesterday. I think Bill O'brien is really bad and their defense is pretty pathetic this year especially considering JJ wasn't out there. The only bright spots on their team is Watson, Hopkins and maybe their o line, when the day comes when they fire O'brien I will be very sad at the fact that they might become a great team. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

No they do not. It is very similar actually. By all mean be vexed by last nights debacle, but don't make stuff up to fuel your disappointment. 

Colts have New Orleans, Carolina and Jacksonville @ Jax left where they usually struggle.  Not to mention an away divisional game at Tennessee who has been playing better of late and on the Colts heels. 

The only tough game left on the Texans schedule is New England.  Houston usually fares well against other AFC South teams outside of Indy.  Colts likely won’t catch them. 11-5 or 10-6 probably wins the division for Texans.  

53 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

pacolts56 stating a fact this team will not beat titans or anyone else on the remaining schedule with this trash passing game. We have a high school offense.

I get the point of your posts.... there just seems to be trash strewn everywhere. 

And in case you haven’t noticed I spend most of my time on the Forum goofing off and trying to keep it light. :thmup:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

I'm not a fan of Andrew's methods either. 

Idk if JB has reached his ceiling or not. I'm willing to see if he can improve by the end of this year. If he doesn't I will personally write him off as not franchise material. He knows the playbook. He knows the team. There wasnt a lot going against his success with this team. But not being able to push it down field in certain games like when you're injured (every year?) Isnt good enough to be this franchise's QB. 

As for Kelly I'd love to see what he can do. He seems to have some real talent at the QB position. I'm afraid unless this team goes 8-8 JB will also take all the snaps next year. 

All fair. It would be the right thing to do in seeing how well or if it’s the same when DF, PC and TY are all on together but does the team have the luxury to see what JB does with luxury talent vs avg guys? Idk. My only question is regardless of who is in, can he scan the field or is he a 1-2 read QB? 

as for Kelly, I’m afraid you’re right. Going to take a few bad outings and a dive in the standings or an “injury” to see Kelly. I’d sure like to see if Kelly has the ability to look around and be better in progressions than what JB has shown. 

3 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Colts have New Orleans, Carolina and Jacksonville @ Jax left where they usually struggle.  Not to mention an away divisional game at Tennessee who has been playing better of late and on the Colts heels. 

The only tough game left on the Texans schedule is New England.  Houston usually fares well against other AFC South teams outside of Indy.  Colts likely won’t catch them. 11-5 or 10-6 probably wins the division for Texans.  

The TN game is a home game. We already beat them in TN.

• Like 1