Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LucasOilStadium

Colts Vs. Dolphins Game Day Thread

Geez...doomsday around here.  Y'all just need to give the coaches a chance to regroup.  Give them a chance.

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Leonard,  Willis,  and quite a few others.   The talent is fine.   The fact we are starting Brian Hoyer is the issue.  

Leonard.....way over rated.  What I am saying is that we have a lot of 2nd round picks.  None of them have developed into what I would call an above average player as of yet.

Just now, LuckyHorseShoe§ said:

Hoyer should recognize those blitzes. That one is on him

Look to me like it was on Mack, but what do I know.

The Colts lack of speed at WR is quite evident so far.  The Dolphins are loading the box and rushing 5 often.  They don't respect the deep threat at all.

1 minute ago, bestQBever said:

still playing like a 7 win team i see

If we lose this game...the colts will probably end up a 6 win team

At the very least, they did a decent job of changing field position on that possession.  No points, but they started at their own 3 and now the Dolphins are starting at their own 5.  I'm sure Miami was hoping to start with better field position than that if they didn't pick up that 4th down try.

Just now, Btown_Colt said:

Mack's run blocking has been awful the last few weeks. 

Just now, HungarianColtsFan said:

Well, has he ever tried it from 59 yyards?

Why not try to pick up some yards and give him a shot? 

Just now, Btown_Colt said:

Hoyer should recognize the potential blitz and direct Mack to watch that guy. Mack wasn’t blameless, but Hoyer is too experienced to miss that stuff.

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Leonard.....way over rated.  What I am saying is that we have a lot of 2nd round picks.  None of them have developed into what I would call an above average player as of yet.

Yeah,   rookie all pro .  Way over rated.   gtho

1 minute ago, mahagga73 said:

They have zero confidence in Vinny.  

59 yard fg?  They wouldn't have tried that in his prime

Just now, bluebombers87 said:

Well at least we flipped the field position

Well it’s not like they had a prob moving the ball

1 minute ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Why not try to pick up some yards and give him a shot? 

What do you think they were trying to do on 3rd down?

Just now, jvan1973 said:

59 yard fg?  They wouldn't have tried that in his prime

He didn’t even try something to pick up easy yardage and attempt something shorter

Hey Darius Leonard. How about you put a stick on somebody two yards short of a first down instead of swiping for a fumble and getting trucked for that first down.

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Yeah,   rookie all pro .  Way over rated.   gtho

Hmmmmm.  So granted Fittzy and Hoyer r below average qbs.  Yet the Dolphins r winning. What does that say bout the talent that Ballard has assembled?

1 minute ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Geez...doomsday around here.  Y'all just need to give the coaches a chance to regroup.  Give them a chance.

We really shouldn’t have to be thinking regroup over a team like the dolphins. This is a bad showing AGAIN this season and this is probably the worst team in the nfl too who has traded away some playmakers for picks. And we are losing to them. This is just poor preparation imho. 

Just now, Mr.Debonair said:

He didn’t even try something to pick up easy yardage and attempt something shorter

They tried a 10 yard pass. It was broken up. There is a defense out there too you know?

Just now, jvan1973 said:

What do you think they were trying to do on 3rd down?

Then you run a draw or a quick pass

not a deep shot like that. 

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

Hmmmmm.  So granted Fittzy and Hoyer r below average qbs.  Yet the Dolphins r winning. What does that say bout the talent that Ballard has assembled?

It's the second quarter. 

Just now, bluebombers87 said:

They tried a 10 yard pass. It was broken up. There is a defense out there too you know?

Pass was longer than 10 but okay 

11 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

My lack of faith in Hoyer. I mean is have always thought he was awful

He IS awful.   Plan C at best.  And here we are, starting "plan C".

3 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

They have zero confidence in Vinny.  

I don't have zero confidence, but nothing is a sure thing like it used to be.  The guy can drill a 50+ yarder or he can shank a PAT.  Every attempt could be vary anywhere between those two extremes.

Just now, Mr.Debonair said:

Then you run a draw or a quick pass

not a deep shot like that. 

That was far from a deep shot.   Good lord

Just now, Roger said:

He IS awful.   Plan C at best.  And here we are, starting "plan C".

Well, that's generally what happens when Plan A and Plan B become unavailable.  That is the whole point of having a Plan C.