Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sanu to the Pats

runthepost

38 minutes ago, MPStack said:

What’s not to like, when you’re defense is giving up 4 points a game? 

Help the old guy out for that 7th Lombardi. 

That stat is skewed in my opinion because of the offenses they've played so far.  Not to take anything away from their very talented defense, but I don't think they're as good as the numbers indicate.  They've been beating up on garbage teams

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

That stat is skewed in my opinion because of the offenses they've played so far.  Not to take anything away from their very talented defense, but I don't think they're as good as the numbers indicate.  They've been beating up on garbage teams

I’m not optimistic anyone can stop the Hoodie this season, but.....

i want to believe santa GIF by Sean Solomon

• Like 2

Sanu is the WR I was hoping we would trade for.  It figures he would go to the Pats.  Bellicheck is great at always working the phones for talent.  Well Chris,  here's hoping you don't sit on your hands and watch the trade deadline pass us by.   We are contenders you know!   A lot of teams are going to be putting good players in play.  I would hope you could trade for at least one to help us with our run this year and for the future.  

2 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

You can only play who the NFL schedules for you.

3 hours ago, runthepost said:

Atlanta got a second round pick for their number 3 receiver 

Here's video of BB smirking while finalizing the deal with Dimitroff for Sanu during the 4th quarter of the jets game-

LOL, j/k.  This was actually when BB exploited the rules in the 4th quarter to run off a bunch of time in the game without doing much of anything. He had his punt team first take a delay of game, (declined) then after clock starts again, waits, then takes a false start also declined), and the clock starts once again (each with new play clock too).  But the above is funnier.  And expect the competition committee to visit this BB trick over the winter.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

You can only play who the NFL schedules for you.

Here's video of BB finalizing the deal with Dimitroff for Sanu during the 4th quarter of the jets game-

LOL, j/k.  This was actually when BB exploited the rules in the 4th quarter to run off a bunch of time in the game without doing much of anything. He had his punt team first take a delay of game, (declined) then after clock starts again, waits, then takes a false start also declined), and the clock starts once again (each with new play clock too).  But the above is funnier.  And expect the competition committee to visit this BB trick over the winter.

It's funny and sad at the same time, that he and his cohorts can be so much smarter than the rest of the league combined.

• Like 2

Good job Falcons, sending one of your better players off to the team that scarred your franchise for life after the Super Bowl. Giving them a Lombardi Trophy AND this? Generous franchise.

Seriously, if I was a GM, one way I'd run my team is "don't give good players to the Patriots for next to nothing."

3 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

While true Superman, I actually crunched the numbers.  Those teams (all together) average 14.9 points the Pats D has given up: 6.5 points a game.. they are dominating the bad teams more than anyone else and let’s be honest their overall average is lower because they faced the Pats D. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

While true Superman, I actually crunched the numbers.  Those teams (all together) average 14.9 points the Pats D has given up: 6.5 points a game.. they are dominating the bad teams more than anyone else and let’s be honest their overall average is lower because they faced the Pats D. 

A team scoring 14.9 points would be 4th worst in the league, so holding an average of the 4th worst offense in the league to 7 points a game isn't a huge deal, if you ask me.  With that said, I'm not saying the Pats D is bad.  I'm just saying I don't think they're quite as good as the numbers indicate because of the bad offenses they've been playing.  The next few weeks will be interesting to see how the Pats D responds to some better offenses.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Doesn't matter.. It's the scheme that matters. It's the uniform that hold the powers. Good on ya Patriots :thmup:... happy for you!

So basketball season started yesterday..

The first 20 seconds of the video is what Belichick and co. do to players when joining the Patriots.

9 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Antonio Brown and Josh Gordon say-

" How come it didn't work on us? "

Well for a time last year it looked like it was going to happen with Gordon. Brady tried very hard to get it to work with Brown.

Fun fact: Gordon got a ring with the Patriots for last season, and should the Patriots win the Super Bowl this year, he would get a second while Antonio Brown would get one. For Gordon, quite impressive considering he was suspended from the NFL at the end of the season, didn't play in the postseason, and will miss the remainder of this season.

On 10/22/2019 at 6:54 AM, MPStack said:

Help the old guy out for that 7th Lombardi. 

When I heard that Emperor Palpatine [Bill Belichick] acquired Sanu, I sighed, shook my head, & said out loud: Come on, must NE win every Super Bowl? This is getting absurd now. Enough is enough. Everybody tells me when this dynasty is gone, I will miss it. No, not really. haha

Funny, sarcastic line though MPS. I have to give you props for making me chuckle pretty darn good. Bravo. 

47 minutes ago, Dark_Superman said:

Every year there's an NFL team that is willing to give up one of their best talents to the Patriots. I guess the other 30 teams in the NFL love seeing them win.

That's an excellent point. Why would the Dirty Birds basically come to the conclusion, what the hades, our season is over, let's make NE who kicked our caboose in the SB awhile back even better with 1 of our best WR weapons. Come again? Arthur Blank. Why did you green light this move? A misguided, early Christmas gift? SMH. 

You slay the dragon; You never strengthen an adversary man. A really strange roster move indeed DS. 

On 10/22/2019 at 2:41 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If I was Matt Ryan I would want out of Atlanta.

Well said CBE. Well said. After HC Dan Quinn gets fired/let go, why would a 2nd tier QB like Ryan wanna stick around for the rebuild? Okay, I understand he's handsomely compensated & Atlanta is a great city to live & raise a family in, but Matt's never gonna win a ring there & he's not getting any younger. 

Yeah, I'm with ya man. I'd wanna go to a contender team or a decent one anyway say Chicago with it's solid defense maybe. 

• Like 1

One final point on Matt Ryan & my belief that he should force his way out of Atlanta: 

I think he'd fit nicely in Buffalo too. Yeah, I know. Traditionally, dome QBs don't play well in snow & the Bills play in very frigid & windy conditions. Point taken. However, the Bills D is legit & because Matt Ryan has nice touch/ball placement on his throws, this addition could work. 

Plus, to be honest, I feel bad for Buffalo fans who deserve hope as a franchise & I wanna see that historic club cheer for something beyond Frank Gore & Jim Kelly. If any team deserves a break & a boatload of goodwill to come their way, Buffalo is it. 

On 10/22/2019 at 10:59 AM, Four2itus said:

I could give a *.

haha So, why don't tell me how you really feel? Just joking! Well placed bluntness is very effective. 

You know as a little kid when the teacher is upset & says "Care to share with the rest of the class F2us?" I almost wish I was there to hear your reply. LOL! 

12 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

No.  Have you watched them at all this season?

Yes, that's why I said it, but I haven't watched a lot of games. 

It seems to me that when they need a critical first down, Ryan looks to Sanu, who usually makes the play.  Jones is the better receiver, but I haven't seen him make many critical catches lately.  Again,  I haven't followed ATL very closely to really have a good pool of games to judge.