Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sanu to the Pats

runthepost

On 10/22/2019 at 10:46 AM, coltsva said:

It's funny and sad at the same time, that he and his cohorts can be so much smarter than the rest of the league combined.

I was almost expect him to follow those up and send in another player without one leaving and then get a twelve men on the field penalty next!! LOL

The funny thing is so many teams with a small lead late in a game but still to much time on clock could have pulled this stunt legally to run the clock down dramatically.  Nobody thought of it.

BB did, that was 'situational football' they had practiced.  Except the Pats never need to use it.  LOL.

Riverboat Ron (who peruses the rule book quite religiously, I think on is on his desk)) was surprised that he had never though of doing that.  But he did offer that at some point the refs might have had recourse to flag for unsportsmanlike conduct at some point.  I think that might be the punishment for a new rule to prevent this the rest of this year while they prepare a rule for next year.

My next Q from this, is there a penalty a D with no T.O. left can take (like being up slightly late in a game) where they can change personnel groups to better match the other driving  team and the clock starts up once ball is placed? Or something similar?

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 7:33 AM, 21isSuperman said:

That stat is skewed in my opinion because of the offenses they've played so far.  Not to take anything away from their very talented defense, but I don't think they're as good as the numbers indicate.  They've been beating up on garbage teams

It might be skewed because of WHO they played but it isn't skewed about how they played. Opposing qbs have a passer rating of 35......now just for reference you get a 39 for spiking the ball. Think about that. 18 ints to 1 td. That is insane!! Basically their opponents should just run the ball every play or take a knee rather than try to throw on this defense. It's not even close but the best historically by a long way.

24 minutes ago, dgambill said:

It might be skewed because of WHO they played but it isn't skewed about how they played. Opposing qbs have a passer rating of 35......now just for reference you get a 39 for spiking the ball. Think about that. 18 ints to 1 td. That is insane!! Basically their opponents should just run the ball every play or take a knee rather than try to throw on this defense. It's not even close but the best historically by a long way.

I think who they played has everything to do with how they played.  Poor or inexperienced QB's tend to throw ints.  That makes their defense look better than they are.  Bad teams lack sufficient talent and make mistakes.  Easy division as usual and soft schedule with an old QB feeling his age.  Not impressed really.  

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

Opposing QBs include Josh Rosen, Luke Falk, and Colt McCoy, who have a combined 2019 stat line of 123/209 (58.9% completion), 1 TD, 9 INT, 0 wins, and 6 losses.  Again, not trying to say the Pats D is bad, but it isn't that hard for a defense to play well against those guys.

10 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Opposing QBs include Josh Rosen, Luke Falk, and Colt McCoy, who have a combined 2019 stat line of 123/209 (58.9% completion), 1 TD, 9 INT, 0 wins, and 6 losses.  Again, not trying to say the Pats D is bad, but it isn't that hard for a defense to play well against those guys.

Josh Rosen replaces Fitz AFTER  he threw 3 INT and it was the 4th quarter so he shouldn’t even be in that group.. lol 

also Falk did BETTER than Darnold 

Falk 12/22 98 yards 1 INT

Darnold  11/32 86 yards 4 INT

We know Darnold not that bad since he diced up the Cowboys.. 

but I get your point, the posters point was that yes they are bad but they were made look worse by the Pats D.. I think Darnold proved that.