Indianapolis Colts
pacolts56

Official Crow Eating Thread

I will eat crow on the defense...they finally stepped it up big time. Very happy to see it. Only one game...so hopefully they can keep it up.

But why do we need a thread like this? Was there a thread after the OAK game? 

Besides, I doubt anyone was predicting the Colts would win a game like that (at least not based on anything that has happened so far this season). That's the beauty of football...any given Sunday.

This game to me reminds me of the 2014 Denver playoff game, nobody thought we could go in there and knock off Denver, but we did

• Like 3

This win is unreal but that is Colts football. That stop by Houston on 4th down was just priceless. Our O.Line is the best. TY is a top 5 WR in the league, Jacoby is just poised and just proved to me he can lead this team. Mack is a workhorse. Vinny was perfect and sealed the game too. 

Darius will be back after the BYE as well. 

• Like 4

Just now, shastamasta said:

I will eat crow on the defense...they finally stepped it up big time. Very happy to see it. Only one game...so hopefully they can keep it up.

Besides, I doubt anyone was predicting the Colts would win a game like that (at least not based on anything that has happened so far this season). That's the beauty of football...any given Sunday.

Yes there was such a thread after the Oakland game. And after all the whining and negativity the last week, this thread is more than warranted

• Like 3

I had the Colts by three. Great game plan by Reich! Every time they showed Mahomes on the bench, I just kept thinking; stay there. Stay right there!

• Like 1

Just now, shastamasta said:

People make threads like this to make themselves feel like they are better fan.   Let people enjoy it. It’s okay to be a pessimistic fan and optimistic fan. Aslong as we support the team and root for them. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This win is unreal but that is Colts football. That stop by Houston on 4th down was just priceless. Our O.Line is the best. TY is a top 5 WR in the league, Jacoby is just poised and just proved to me he can lead this team. Mack is a workhorse. Vinny was perfect and sealed the game too. 

Think about this, we did this with missing at least 3 starters on Defense. Moore got banged up early too. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

And they should come back home with all the confidence in the world. 

Not to wish loss on anyone, I hope our division opponents all lose next week and we take a firm division lead after a W against the Texans in two weeks. 

• Like 2

The only sad thing is Turay is done for the season. Looked like the same injury fountain had. Game was almost offer.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

The only sad thing is Turay is done for the season. Looked like the same injury fountain had. Game was almost offer.

Have they released the injury yet? I’m thinking he snapped his ankle or fibula 

I don't think I posted on any prediction threads, and I thought we could make it ugly, but I did not at all expect a win. I'm so pleasantly surprised, especially by the defense and Eberflus (he's still my boy).

As for our offense, or at least the running game, they flat out imposed their will. That OL and Mack are slayers. And Wilkins is a legitimate backup who I hope continues to get carries.

Really sad for Turay though. I just hope that it's something that he can rehab/recover from next year. He was a huge part of our pass rush on the edge and guys will have to step up. I'm not a huge fan of Banogu but he has a chance to shine now.

Just now, Kenzicocapontas said:

I'm absolutely heartbroken for Turay... that leg looked broken. 

It looked like a compound too, you could see blood soaking thru on the one angle 

10 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I am here to eat crow.  Lol. That was one of the best defensive performances I have ever seen from this team.

Just the way we like it eh Chloe?  When I saw Mahomes limp off the field not once but twice I was dancing like a madman all over my living room

Colts fans get used to this, this is what New Colts Football looks like!

*raises hand* yeah, yeah, yeah....I admit it...I thought we'd get stomped. So glad to be wrong! I'm shocked out tag tag secondary played so well and it was nice to see the pass rush return! Go Colts!

18 minutes ago, pacolts56 said:

Cmon doomsayers....no reservations required...  :highfive2:

I did make a post in another thread that said what if we lose to the raiders and beat the chiefs.

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, CR91 said:

That was basically how peyton would get beat. Run the ball and win TOP

Was thinking the same thing. We Colts fans saw this same game plan used against us probably hundreds of times the last 20 years or so. 

• Like 3

Frank is a hell of a coach, he knows what he is doing. He is miles better than Chuck. This is the best win we have had since beating the Broncos in 2014 playoffs at Milehigh. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I did not have any faith in winning this game but WHO could've guessed our defense would do THAT to the MVP.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mr.Debonair said:

People make threads like this to make themselves feel like they are better fan.   Let people enjoy it. It’s okay to be a pessimistic fan and optimistic fan. Aslong as we support the team and root for them. 

No its not okay to be a pessimistic fan, if being a pessimist means you % on the team incessantly. 

Saying they are gonna get blown out is not rooting for them.

Do you have a hater in your life? Do you feel like they are rooting for you?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Lucky Colts Fan said:

No it's not.

This win shows how pointless it is to be one.

That’s your opinion. Not everyone has to be the sunshine and lollipops fan

• Like 1

Collinsworth was so bad at calling the game. He kept saying Reich was going to go for it on fourth down in dumb places.

• Like 2

Just now, GoatBeard said:

No its not okay to be a pessimistic fan, if being a pessimist means you % on the team incessantly. 

Saying they are gonna get blown out is not rooting for them.

Do you have a hater in your life? Do you feel like they are rooting for you?

Coming off the loss against the Raiders and the 2nd half against the Falcons, there were plenty reasons to doubt this team

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kenzicocapontas said:

I'm absolutely heartbroken for Turay... that leg looked broken. 

He had a career game tonight. So sad since the game was almost over.

I'll take a serving of crow.  No, I didn't think the world was coming to an end, but yes, I did think that we were going to get beat.  I'll take a drumstick.

I said this was the game where we'd learn about the character guys and leaders Ballard has drafted and signed. Box checked!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Collinsworth was so bad at calling the game. He kept saying Reich was going to go for it on fourth down in dumb places.

I love Frank, wouldn't want anyone else. We needed him after Chuck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I suck.....i have been really negative all week after the Raiders game.  I'm 1st up to apologize.  One of the greatest wins in Colts history when u consider what they were up against 

I noticed the amount of negative posts to the point that i mentally put your name with some of the other negative posters.

You are back in the circle of trust.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr.Debonair said:

That’s your opinion. Not everyone has to be the sunshine and lollipops fan

Which fan do you think the team appreciates more?

The pessimistic one that is ready to fire and replace everyone after one bad game,

OR the optimistic fan that supports the team during the good times AND the bad?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

I did not have any faith in winning this game but WHO could've guessed our defense would do THAT to the MVP.

Whatever Wilson, Odum, and Willis had for dinner they need to eat that again. Okereke was robbed of a INT.

• Like 1

Just now, strt182 said:

Colts lost to the raiders cus they took that week to game plan for the chiefs LOL

I’ll take it!  

Nice win on top of the Titans and Jags losing and Texans winning. I think the Texans play KC next.