Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Official Crow Eating Thread

pacolts56

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Happy to chime in here.    I don’t think I made any negative comments about this game other than giving us an L when the schedule came out in April.

Today,  I told my wife the Colts were the nationally televised game and I thought we might lose...   bad....

Mahomes was scary good until he got hurt.

But we were really inspired.   We won the game at the Line Of Scrimmage.   We dominated.   Really proud of everyone.    Sorry to lose Turay,  but we will have to find a way... 

Really enjoyable game....

Congrats to everyone. 

Now, that you mention it. It was quite a change of pace to see Cris Collinsworth praising our QB, our franchise, & our D tonight. When every football fan is watching SNF, it's nice to see INDY dominate for all eyes to see & not collapse. I get so sick & tired of Cris blowing smoke up New England's or Dallas's derriere 24/7. I find it hilarious when the establishment must go off script & give INDY some props. It kills them & that's why I love it. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Very happy. Tremendous heart by this team all-around. Proud of these guys, and lets enjoy the bye week! I'll eat my crow :)

You have nothing to apologize for Jared. You stand by your assertions & take your lumps when you have no other choice. ArrowHead is a tough stadium to win in. INDY surprised a lot of us tonight. 

3 hours ago, King Colt said:

That game threw most everyone off. Them I watched them beat the Bears today. 

I'm glad you brought up that game. That roughing the passer call on QB Chase Daniel in the 2nd half  with 11:24 left in the 4th quarter was such nonsense today. I think the roughing the passer call was on Trent Brown. I couldn't believe it. Worst penalty I have seen in recent weeks. I could see why Jon Gruden was so upset over that ridiculous 15 yard infraction. Let the defense play refs come on man...

Correction: The flag was on Maurice Hurst #73 against QB  Chase Daniels not Trent Brown. Sorry about that. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, stitches said:

I'd have a serving of what you guys and gals are having... looks quite delicious. 

I actually picked the Colts to win tonight but hardly nobody else did. Nothing to feel bad about. As Colts fans we can all enjoy the win regardless. We were 11.5 points underdogs in Vegas so it was one of the biggest upsets of all-time :thmup:. We just need to beat Houston now and win the division lmao  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I actually picked the Colts to win tonight but hardly nobody else did. Nothing to feel bad about. As Colts fans we can all enjoy the win regardless. We were 11.5 points underdogs in Vegas so it was one of the biggest upsets of all-time :thmup:. We just need to beat Houston now and win the division lmao  

I didn't pick anyone but I'd be lying if I said I expected anything but a blowout loss. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

I didn't pick anyone but I'd be lying if I said I expected anything but a blowout loss. 

I had us winning 31-30 on the before game prediction thread. The way they played against the Lions last week kind of made me think they were due for a loss. I am not going to sit here and act like a genius because I know it was a huge upset and they have the best QB since Peyton IMO. Having said that I just had that COLTS feeling haha . Crazy but true.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I had us winning 31-30 on the before game prediction thread. The way they played against the Lions last week kind of made me think they were due for a loss. I am not going to sit here and act like a genius because I know it was a huge upset and they have the best QB since Peyton IMO. Having said that I just had that COLTS feeling haha . Crazy but true.

It's the Colts signature move for a while now, lose the easy games, win the hard ones. Oh and always beat the Titans.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

I thought ignorance was meant to be bliss... not constant negativity and worry. 

I have been a Colts fan for 36 seasons, I have to rank tonight's win, might rank in my top 10 wins as a fan. Of course several playoff wins and the SB win ranks higher and maybe a couple of others regular season wins do, but this win tonight was gigantic. It is because it was JB's 1st big signature win.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have been a Colts fan for 36 seasons, I have to tonight's win might rank in my top 10 wins as a fan. Of course several playoff wins and the SB win ranks higher and maybe a couple of others playoff wins do, but this win tonight was gigantic. It is because it was JB's 1st big signature win.

I've yet to see more than highlights as sadly I had to miss it live being the early hours of the morning here, and unlike most of Indy this Monday I'd wager, I'm not off work. Looking forward to watching later. I can fully understand why you might say that though, beating what looks like a transcendent talent at QB, on his home field, with a strong defensive showing, and a ground and pound O. Could be the win announcing we're seeing Ballard's vision finally starting to show fully.

There's some weird games in my top 10, I have a lot of love for the 2012 season all round, the Lions and GB game were some of the most fun games I've watched "live". Lions coincided with a party and it was fun watching how it went from a few NFL fans to everyone watching to see if the Colts would pull it out. Donnie Avery still owes me a broken lamp.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

I've yet to see more than highlights as sadly I had to miss it live being the early hours of the morning here, and unlike most of Indy this Monday I'd wager, I'm not off work. Looking forward to watching later. I can fully understand why you might say that though, beating what looks like a transcendent talent at QB, on his home field, with a strong defensive showing, and a ground and pound O. Could be the win announcing we're seeing Ballard's vision finally starting to show fully.

There's some weird games in my top 10, I have a lot of love for the 2012 season all round, the Lions and GB game were some of the most fun games I've watched "live". Lions coincided with a party and it was fun watching how it went from a few NFL fans to everyone watching to see if the Colts would pull it out. Donnie Avery still owes me a broken lamp.  

I am hammered  lol. I changed my post above haha . Oh the Colts could have a top 20. Tonight was sweet though :thmup:

Last night was one of those games we haven’t seen from Andy Reid in a while. 

The Chiefs only rushed the ball 14 times for just 36 yards. 

Damien Williams started the year as the lead back. He was going for less than 2 YPC. He gets hurt and McCoy becomes the starter. He starts going off for 5+ yards a carry. Heading into this week McCoy had the 6th highest average in the league.  

Then Williams comes back from injury last night and he runs 9 times for 23 yards. 

McCoy didn’t get a single carry. 

In a game that was a one score game until what, 4 minutes to go in the 4th?

On a night where the QB was clearly struggling, and they were short handed at WR. The Chiefs haven’t had any kind of consistency at WR yet this season, they’ve had to hope a guy gets hot against a secondary. 

Maybe they overlooked us a bit, Reid has been accused of that plenty in the past as well, but he definitely didn’t seem to have his thinking cap on for this one. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Last night was one of those games we haven’t seen from Andy Reid in a while. 

The Chiefs only rushed the ball 14 times for just 36 yards. 

Damien Williams started the year as the lead back. He was going for less than 2 YPC. He gets hurt and McCoy becomes the starter. He starts going off for 5+ yards a carry. Heading into this week McCoy had the 6th highest average in the league.  

Then Williams comes back from injury last night and he runs 9 times for 23 yards. 

McCoy didn’t get a single carry. 

In a game that was a one score game until what, 4 minutes to go in the 4th?

On a night where the QB was clearly struggling, and they were short handed at WR. The Chiefs haven’t had any kind of consistency at WR yet this season, they’ve had to hope a guy gets hot against a secondary. 

Maybe they overlooked us a bit, Reid has been accused of that plenty in the past as well, but he definitely didn’t seem to have his thinking cap on for this one. 

McCoy got banged up on that short pass that was called back due to holding very early on I believe

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BlueCollarColts said:

How do we go from getting dominated by the Raiders to shutting down the Chiefs?

Thought we had no chance.  Happily wrong.

The Raiders are big up front and better than people thought.  We can’t just smash through them.

Pass rush was on last night.  It was games 1 and 2 and then absent till now.  They were relentless.  It’s weird.  

Offensive line manhandled that team.

KC defense is godawful.

26 minutes ago, csmopar said:

McCoy got banged up on that short pass that was called back due to holding very early on I believe

I didn’t see that, but even still it’s an odd situation. In the last two weeks Darrell Williams has had good showings on the ground as well behind McCoy and he didn’t get a carry last night either. The Chiefs really made it an effort to abandon the run in a close game. 

7 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I didn’t see that, but even still it’s an odd situation. In the last two weeks Darrell Williams has had good showings on the ground as well behind McCoy and he didn’t get a carry last night either. The Chiefs really made it an effort to abandon the run in a close game. 

If you ask me, I think it was their game plan to attack our depleted secondary. That and Mahomes looked panicked after some of those pressures and sacks

• Like 2

I am happy to have been wrong about this game.    It's nice to keep pace wit the Texans. 

I hope this win and the bye week can breed some defensive attitude for this team.  

I'm guessing that Reich had planned to open it up for Brissett, but the ball control was working and KC never got out front and separated themselves so Reich  just kept with short high % throws to continue to eat the clock.   It is odd that this is Brissetts worst game of the season and we beat one of the best teams in the league.   

My takeaways: 

Mahomes is really as good as advertised.  Man, the guy can get the ball into small windows.  

The Colts "D" came to play as a group.  Solid almost everywhere.  

The O-line of the Colts were very good.   Glow is still a bit of a weakness though.   

I'll eat some crow given that I indicated that we didn't have a chance and didn't even watch the game opting to get some extra sleep over what I presumed would be a blowout loss.

My phone pops up with the score after ever game and in the morning I was mad that I didn't watch. 

18 minutes ago, csmopar said:

If you ask me, I think it was their game plan to attack our depleted secondary. That and Mahomes looked panicked after some of those pressures and sacks

Which just leaves me wondering why they didn’t try to run more. It was clear before the half that it wasn’t going to be the spectacular air raid that many expected. But we weren’t blowing them out of the water and putting them in a situation where they couldn’t run. They just.... didn’t. Even after Mahomes was hobbled and clearly in pain they made it a point not to take some of the stress and pressure of him by running the ball. 

Just another one of those Andy Reid moments where the lights are on but nobody is home. Like I said, it’s been a while. This one was the first of the Mahomes era. There’s definitely some tough questions he should have to be answering this morning. 

• Like 1